Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I have just ordered the cute Kaiser Henry J from SunStar and will report how good or bad that is when I get it. 

53362.jpg

Its the cheapest SunStar 1:18, so maybe this tells you how popular this model is.  :mrgreen:

It arrived today!

And its a very "special" model. Some details like the bonnet-hinges or the boot with all the equipment in it are a piece of art. And other things like the paint-finish for example are complete rubbish. 

But it is a very nice model for the money over all. Even with the "original" brochure that comes with it. 

I've got that milk tanker, had it since 1986. I used to love looking through the Britains Catalogue. I always thought the lorries were quite representative of those seen on the road, even if it is an old Iveco Fiat cab. My friend at the time had a cattle transporter badged as a Ford and with a headlights sticker on the grille part to make it look a bit like a Cargo. I always wanted a yellow tipper lorry or cement mixer from the Roadworks range.

What's wrong with the paintwork?

The paint on the roof and on the bonnet has spots that are "stumpf". And there is trapped dust in the paint around the rear-wings. 

But you cant see it on the pictures.  That´s the reason why cars for sale on the internet always look that good before you go and view it by yourself.  :mrgreen:

The paint on the roof and on the bonnet has spots that are "stumpf". And there is trapped dust in the paint around the rear-wings. 

But you cant see it on the pictures.  That´s the reason why cars for sale on the internet always look that good before you go and view it by yourself.  :mrgreen:

Use this:

41PDNVTG1YL.jpg

I know it's very hard to get and costs a fortune including postage from the colonies, but I use it on every model I have

and that one bottle really is a lifetime supply. You can use it on the chrome and windows, too, it doesn't harm them at all.

Maybe one of our transcontinental members could help obtaining it?

been doing another buyage this week, while at the digs and bored on an evening,

this is another Husky, 

post-18270-0-60850900-1457193716_thumb.jpg

it an Bedford TK skip wagon, although i don't remember these when new, i'm well impressed with the ammount of"play value" included in what is a cheap an cheerful toy.

post-18270-0-03741700-1457193726_thumb.jpg

this was expensive, been a whopping £1.65 (ex. the couple of quid for the postage...)

post-18270-0-41305800-1457193741_thumb.jpg

and this too may also get a fresh coat of paint at some poit but for now, i'm going to enjoy it as is. plus i admit to been very fond of the TK.

Found a 1/18 Solido Golf Mk1 GTI (naturally in red) knocking about in a box in my room. Nicely detailed, but the back wiper is bent at the end and there's a couple of small marks in the paint.

Any use to anyone for a few quid? I don't really care for old Golfs.

I'd be up for it.

That got you, didn't it?  Me, and a VW?  It wouldn't be for me you see, it would be for my friend in Cyprus who has quite a collection of 60s/70s cars in 1/18.  Largely due to me, in fact, bidding on his behalf on ebay while I was living over there.