Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Me too, and some that are, are horrifyingly expensive.  I'm a bit more flexible with scale: mine run from railway trackside (so 1/72 at best) to 1/18, and I have near-equivalents rather than actual models.  I'm not averse to a bit of painting and remodelling.  Unless you know of an accessible-priced range that includes things like the FE Victor and 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88...

Oh how I would love to do that. But sadly there are some cars I had in 1:1 with not one model available.  :?

Me too, and some that are, are horrifyingly expensive.  I'm a bit more flexible with scale: mine run from railway trackside (so 1/72 at best) to 1/18, and I have near-equivalents rather than actual models.  I'm not averse to a bit of painting and remodelling.  Unless you know of an accessible-priced range that includes things like the FE Victor and 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88...

There is an odd car or two I have not been able to find such as a Bond Equipe GT4.

Then I once saw an unmade white metal kit for a Bond Equipe convertible but at £120 I let it pass, which I regret now as I have never seen another one.

My 1994 Lexus LS400 is represented by a Lexus 430 as I have never found a 1/43 model of the earlier car. There are a few other near but not exact models.

So I have not got a perfect collection but when I retire I will repaint some to match the cars I owned.

The collection is now over 150 models with some duplicates to represent the duplicates I have had as company cars or owned. I have been collecting for over 20 years so while the odd model has cost a lot, overall the collection has been obtained at affordable prices. I have noticed that recently models are generally much more expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up today

IM000468_zpstvisdqfu.jpg

It's a large suitcase,completely full of diecast mostly from the '70s & '80s.It must weigh at least 40kg,I paid £41 from Ebay as it was only 5 minutes away from where I live  :-D .Highlights are a load of large Corgis which I didn't have like the Jag XJ12C & Opel Senator,plus a Ford Transcontinental transporter to put them in.

Love those Matchbox. I have quite a few cars of my dad's which were badly repainted by him. Probably ship paint as thats where my grandpa worked. However, these ones are my favourites, a bit of family history with them. Its also a little funny as my dad is such a careful person when it comes to belongings.