Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Just come across this on ebay - it appears there was another magazine series in the eastern bloc that had motors from other countries. Lets hope they surface in Poundland etc.

$T2eC16J,!zQFIcoZkRbTBSZYg5zGug~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freepost-Lot-of-7-1-43-IXO-Ist-Volga-Wolga-Latvia-Oltcit-Lada-2107-FSO-Polonez-/291108527454

This bloke has some crazy ideas about their value though.

• 3 weeks later...

I haz dropped parking meter money on this...... £3.99 @ TK Maxx.

KG1.jpg

KG2.jpg

Is it something we don't see much of?... I have never ever seen a KG model.

...or are these just 'cheep knokkoffs' from 'en chine'.

I like the povvo blue... sort of what you expect on a beetle :-P .

It has 'pull back - let it go' drive and says 'WELLY' on the plastic chassis.

... just sort of looked so forlorn on the rummage shelf.... waiting for some kid to WELLY it into skirting boards and rive the doors off.

SAVED!!

TS

Karmann Ghia models are fairly rare,

Welly do that one and a 1/18 though. The Welly catalogue is massive and has allsorts of stuff in that would turn the shiter on - Kia's from Pride to Ceed, Hyundais and all sorts of other tat but the Welly import and distribution setup in Europe is complicated to say the least so much of it doesn't come over to this side of the world.

Pity. I reckon we could sell fuckloads of it  :twisted:

I can haz Welly shite, too!

pic001.jpg

Generally not bad at all, but has one of my pet hates - headlight lenses attached by means of a stalk in the centre:

pic003.jpg

So I did one of Junkman's phamous Phrench headlight modifications with this.

Step 1 - dismantle the model.

pic004.jpg

The headlight reflectors and lenses are heat riveted to the bodyshell:

pic005.jpg

So step 2 is to carefully scrape away the excess plastic, and the headlights fall right out:

pic006.jpg

Step 3 is to cut off the stalks from the lenses, and polish them:

pic007.jpg

There will always be a mark left, but it is hardly visible once everything is back together.

Step 4 is to simulate yellow headlamps with small beads and clothes pins, like so:

pic008.jpg

The glue used is Tamiya Clear, and it will be invisible once dried, so no worries about the excessive amount used and the bubbling.

Tamiya Clear is also used to glue the lenses to the reflectors, and the reflectors back to the car in step 5:

pic009.jpg

Voila!

pic010.jpg

pic011.jpg

pic012.jpg

pic013.jpg

pic014.jpg

pic015.jpg

I'm going to pimp the interior a bit in the distant future.

I have a second one stacked away for a more involved modification - a Pick Up.

Eddy what make is that Polonez militia car?

I've just had a look underneath, and there's no maker's name.  It was obviously from the local magazine series though, so I would guess Ixo/Altaya.  And yes, I'm hoping the same set appears in Poundland too!  (I was in there today; no joy.)

I've just had a look underneath, and there's no maker's name.  It was obviously from the local magazine series though, so I would guess Ixo/Altaya.  And yes, I'm hoping the same set appears in Poundland too!  (I was in there today; no joy.)

If its IXO / Altaya it will generally have screws which you need a special screwdriver with a triangular head to undo. If not then it probably isn't.

It came in a blister rather than a case and plinth.  I've just found the blister, which says, in English surprisingly: Importer: De Agostini Polska Sp.  Manufactured and distributed by Premium & Collectibles Co. Ltd...... Made in P. R. Ch. (which I take to be People's Republic of China, even I can work that out!)

Edit: it's a sad man who keeps his plastic blister packs....

I think that's sodding impressive regardless of size. I'd love to see Oxford do a Dolomite of some sort. Hopefully available in Russet Brown...

Me too, a nice pov spec 1300 in Vermillion like the one I owned would go perfectly with my Fiesta. Who knows, if they've seen my photo of the Fiesta they've probably seen the Dolomite too so it might well happen.