Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

That's a damned fine collection. I've got a fair old hoard of Japanese kits which I'll get round to building one day. Eventually.

The one I'm gagging to do is this Hino. I've got some Hasegawa Datsun 510's to go on it....

100_0894.jpg

That's extraordinary, well jealous!

I only got the tipper version and am longing for the transporter for an eternity.

Wow, never seen the tipper version! I've had this one hanging around for a few years now. I bought it from hlj.com originally if I remember rightly.

I quite like the Doyusha Nostalgic heroes series even though the quality is a bit varied. The Datsun 510 coupe is appalling! I've still got a 610 and 710, the Celeste and the Pit Road version of the Sunny coupe... none of them built though.

I quite like the Doyusha Nostalgic heroes series even though the quality is a bit varied. The Datsun 510 coupe is appalling! I've still got a 610 and 710, the Celeste and the Pit Road version of the Sunny coupe... none of them built though.

The NH series is essentially total tosh by today's standards. Doyusha produced it from ancient tooling from several manufacturers that had gone bust, like Nakamura, Sankey, Sharp, Midori, etc., that's why the quality is diverse to say the least. What they all have in common is the shallow interior tub and the motoriseable chassis, since back in the day model kits were intended to be toys in Japan.

However, for what they are, they are the only game in town and a few of them can be made into quite attractive models by clever kitbashing and superdetailing.

This is what Juha Airio made from the Doyusha Kujira kit:

fe90f61djpgorigor-vi.jpg

fe90f5a8jpgorigor-vi.jpg

fe90f56djpgorigor-vi.jpg

fe90f55ejpgorigor-vi.jpg

P5090543-vi.jpg

P5090542-vi.jpg

P5090540-vi.jpg

Dcp01172-vi.jpg

Dcp01171-vi.jpg

Dcp01169-vi.jpg

I'm the same Junkman, old kits can be worth a reasonable whack and its never worth building a minter. I've built up a rather large collection of Airfix 1/32 modern car collection kits, I alway try to down trade any minters for munters then build them. So far I've built Vauxhall Viva, Victor, Trumph Herald, TR4A, MGB, Minis, Spridget, Jag 420, Renault Dauphine, Cortina... Then I've got a Marina in the works and a Maxi, MG1100, Mercedes 280sl, Beach Buggy, Sunbeam Rapier, Ford Zodiac and Capri, Maserati Indy all waiting to be built.

...That lot doesn't even include my 'other' tat including C210 Skyline, 910 Bluebird, Datsun Sunny, Toyota Corona, Riley Elf, Commer PB, Morris Ital, Hino Contessa, Mitsi Galant and Volvo F12 - tractor finished, need to actually scratchbuild the car transporter trailer sometime soon (All 1/32)

...I guess that solves the mystery* of where all my time and money have gone of late.

Oh wow, that diorama is just sublime and that's a pretty awesome collection of weird and wonderful J-tin kits too. I'm into a slightly different form of modelmaking, 1/76 scale buses and trucks, which are mostly very limited runs that can be sold out in weeks or months - I buy them fully intending to build them all but the eternal problem is a lack of time, hence the ever-growing stash of unbuilt stuff!

Oh my word sir! I had the Nostalgic Heros Datsun 120A Cherry, was an odd scale of about 1/20th and could be motorized. They also dis a mk1 Capri, and built a few Imai kits, mainly VW Beetles, and an Austin FX4 taxi

I also had that MK1 Capri but it was a bit odd so I sold it on. New owner looked happy with it at the car boot sale though.

That Hino in 1/24 Scale will look stunning once its built.