Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

S'up bitches.

Bought one of these today in a cheap shop in town:

$(KGrHqRHJBIFEqcVIT3)BRMCkw,BKw~~60_12.JPG

Not my photo - from an ebay listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-DeAgostini-1-43-Diecast-Russian-Legends-Lada-Vaz-2101-Police-Car-/281071781268

The price? 69 crowns, about £2.30.

Apparently they're by D'Agnostini but I can't see that written anywhere on the packaging - they're in blister packs.

They also had a late Moskvitch taxi, a IZH box van, a Tavira(?) police van, Gaz Podeba, Polski Fiat and a UAZ fabric factory van.

Considering buying a shitload and flogging them on UK ebay. Is that a good idea? What do you think Mr Lobster?

I finally took the plunge and purchased the only model currently available of my 2012 Chevrolet Aveo.

8471497172_422dd24727_z.jpg

Chevrolet Aveo 2012 by Glasgow_Panoramic, on Flickr

I say plunge as it was quite a bit more than I would normally pay. Its by CSM and in 1/18 scale, who I may be getting confused with C'SM who floded the UK market around 1999/2000 with their fine Leyland Victory and Fleetline 1/76 model buses. Anyway, its a new manufacturer on me and I had to order it directly from Shanghai via E-bay.

8628448783_31800aeae2_z.jpg

2012 Chevrolet Aveo 1/18 scale by Glasgow_Panoramic, on Flickr

Its very heavy and more detailed than even the best Autoart model, with full opening features, fabric seatbelts, tilting sunroof and working blind and tilting boot floor with spare wheel underneath.

8628445331_db9d046824_z.jpg

1/18 Scale Chevrolet Aveo opening sunroof by Glasgow_Panoramic, on Flickr

8628444223_482d10887a_z.jpg

1/18 Scale Chevrolet Aveo interior by Glasgow_Panoramic, on Flickr

Here's mine:

20130422_1329111_zps3db8a146.jpg

The detailing is pretty good but not exactly Vanguards standard. I'll probably buy the others too, they seem to be a bargain as on ebay they're around the £9 to 12 area.

Keep that box, BA3 translates into 'VAZ'. These were not intended for Western markets by the looks of things - brilliant!

S'up bitches.

Not my photo - from an ebay listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-DeAgostini-1-43-Diecast-Russian-Legends-Lada-Vaz-2101-Police-Car-/281071781268

Apparently they're by D'Agnostini but I can't see that written anywhere on the packaging - they're in blister packs.

They also had a late Moskvitch taxi, a IZH box van, a Tavira(?) police van, Gaz Podeba, Polski Fiat and a UAZ fabric factory van.

Considering buying a shitload and flogging them on UK ebay. Is that a good idea? What do you think Mr Lobster?

The detailing is good enough for that price- bargain. I'd have one of each if you get em

Yes the box is in Russian and Ukranian, with a sticker in Czech over the top of them! I really want to open it because the packaging is really ugly but I'm kind of torn as to what to do.

Seriously, if there is enough interest and the p&p is reasonable would people buy them? I recon a fair total price would be £5 each inc p&p.

Some nice shite models here. Seems like a suitable place to dump this - the latest release in Oxford Diecast's 1/76 scale range is none other than a Harvest Gold Marina :D Someone at Oxford must have a BL fetish as there's an Allegro estate, wedge Princess and Triumph 2500 to come.

8661369938_df0b9880b9_c.jpg

Harvest Gold by quicksilver coaches, on Flickr

I finally took the plunge and purchased the only model currently available of my 2012 Chevrolet Aveo.

8471497172_422dd24727_z.jpg

Chevrolet Aveo 2012 by Glasgow_Panoramic, on Flickr

Hmm..... A lot of the rusty bits under yrr ride appear on mine :wink:

savvymoors.jpg

I raid the FleeBay 'bucket shops' for AVEO bits, for mine.... cutting the ffinn DealerStealers out of the loop :P

Very Smart Modern U ave there M8

*no SAVVY scale models I can find on t'web... total exclusivity!

tooSavvy

Just done a bit of research, these models are from a magazine series.

The full list is pretty concise: http://russiancarandtruckmodels.hypermart.net/deagostini.html

Fuck it, tomorrow I'm going to buy a few more.

Can I place an order please?

I'd like a UAZ469, UAZ452 and the ZAZ968 in orange.

http://russiancarandtruckmodels.hyperma ... 52VTAN.jpg

http://russiancarandtruckmodels.hyperma ... KGREEN.jpg

http://russiancarandtruckmodels.hyperma ... ORANGE.jpg

Yeh, go for it, definately worth getting a few to sell, that sort of thing is surprisingly popular, especially when its cheap and the price is about right. We had loads when they first came out before Christmas though I'm not restocking them now.

Anyway, they are ex magazine partwork issued in Russia. Deagostini are the company that makes the magazines that you should get with them rather than the people who make the models. The models themselves are unbranded and its not really obvious who does make them. Make sure you have a good look at them before you buy them. From a retailers perspective I tend to work on the basis that a certain percentage of ex partwork will be damaged or have damaged cases or whatever. With the French / Italian / German / Spanish / Portugese partwork stuff its not normally too bad but these have comedy levels of faults. If you can have a good luck at them before you buy then check the following - lights / mirrors / wheels for being bent / damaged / missing, loose parts and huge amounts of glue and glue residue on them.

The UK importer has boxes of them that are faulty, I think I rummaged through two boxes (30 in each box I think) to find six of that Lada Vaz police car that were ok.

That sounds a bit negative but they are actually ok, just make sure that you get good ones if you are buying to resell.

*Ahem* :wink:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LobsterDiecast ... d=18779257

Thanks for the advice Lobster. They do seem pretty cheap at the price this shop have them for - but I'll be posting them from Czech to the UK so I'm not sure how much that'll cost. Cant be more than £3-4 though I recon. The shop is one of those redundant stock places, full of classical CDs and books about military stuff, so them being from magazines makes sense. They have a shitload there but only certain models. The Czechs hate the Russians so I can't see these selling out quickly.

I just noticed a tiny rear light is missing from mine - I'll check them more thoroughly next time! :?

the latest release in Oxford Diecast's 1/76 scale range is none other than a Harvest Gold Marina :D Someone at Oxford must have a BL fetish as there's an Allegro estate, wedge Princess and Triumph 2500 to come.

I'm a little bit excited by this news. I still haven't got around to converting the Corgi HLS Princess model I received last year.

Here is today's haul:

Fire service van - this was the last one, but they have a shitload of these in the yellow and blue Police colours.

20130423_1744451_zps4e531ccf.jpg

I thought this was a Reliant Fox when I first looked at it!

20130423_1744341_zps0f02a6ef.jpg

Van I told you about

20130423_1744051_zpsa9343e7c.jpg

CAT BONUS

20130423_1748541_zps8f64700b.jpg

Sorry Tayne, didn't have any of the ones you wanted. Basically they have what I've showed you all, a green Lada, GAZ Podeba, Lada 112 Police car, Transit rip-off Police van and late model yellow Volga taxi.

I really want to take these out of their shitty packaging!

That red van is an IZH right? Its brilliant.

I have that late model Volga Taxi. Like the real thing, I think its an update of an old casting. My friend had a Volga model of the first series back in the late 1980's. His parents always seemed to manage to get him some amazing stuff! From memory, my model retains many of the features of the original one he had.

S'up bitches.

This model and loads of other Russian shite on this website...

http://www.carmodel.com/?keyword=lada&nuOb=&scale=all&order=0&resultsPerPage=30&action=FREE

Another 2. These seemed much better quality as I think they have less fiddly bits to fall off!

Volga - shame it's not black.

20130501_1138071_zpsdf940e7f.jpg

Lada 2103 (allegedly)

20130501_1137541_zps787e2a80.jpg

I say allegedly as it look at lot more like and FSO 125p to me, especially when compared to the other Lada:

20130501_1138421_zps6619fdef.jpg

20130501_1244491_zpsf2f54116.jpg

• 2 weeks later...