Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

56 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I feel bad now for squashing all the ones I had in the vice... maybe all those old men at car boots were actually on to something šŸ¤£

No that's what I'm doing when I win the lottery - buying every one I can and destroying them. Then the survivors might be worth somethingĀ 

26 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

No that's what I'm doing when I win the lottery - buying every one I can and destroying them. Then the survivors might be worth somethingĀ 

Model Collector once made the mistake of including them in their price guide, it was just a sea of Ā£1-2 values on boxed ones. My gripe with them, similar to @Split_PinĀ is that they were touted as some big collectors item, the next big valuable despite probably 90% of them that were made are still gathering dust in (delete as appropriate) dead old menā€™s flats/charity shops/car boot sales/former miners who invested in them in the late 80ā€™s.Ā 

At Xmas time a relative mentioned they had some old valuable cars, my interest piqued I took a look at the pictures they happened to have with them. Tact and having to spend the following several hours with them prevented me from telling them they werenā€™t worth the space theyā€™d take up in the bin.Ā 

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Positive spin on it now, at least itā€™s available in Morrisonā€™s, Tesco and B&M so thatā€™s a start

Not Tesco, just been.Ā  No singles HW or MB whatsoever and this was all there was.Ā  Big store too, a 'Tesco Extra'

IMG_20230202_192634_2.thumb.jpg.97bf68e44bcbd8cb9d724b5786181e4c.jpg

Been in a few junk shops today and this plastic Muscle car caught my eye, at first I thought it was meant to be a T-Bird, but having looked through my book of muscle cars I leaning towards a 67 Olds Cutlass. Anyone know what the model is?

IMG_6018.thumb.JPG.1403b73553a04d749aae9d3d55ee44cc.JPG

Another place had a few Matchbox size that looked nice, but I know nothing about that scale of toy, but took some pics in case anyone is interested

These seem to be between Ā£2 & Ā£4, no idea if this is reasonable or not. The Corgi Marlin was really nice and Iā€™d like it, but no where to put it plus we have a blue one with trailer and kayaks in the summer house.

IMG_6020.thumb.JPG.737f6d4752b6a7a08a268d9518f7b1df.JPG

I think the yellow and orange lorry (Bedford maybe?) was Ā£10 which seamed dear to me.

IMG_6021.thumb.JPG.740222a2cd2825830e8ba4b3fa762897.JPG

This box was on the floor so maybe cheaper?

IMG_6022.thumb.JPG.80dafeb45786a08d43230915783e390b.JPG

We are likely to be back to this shop soon so if anyone is interested in anything, let me know

Lastly @Datsuncog Iā€™m aware Iā€™ve owed you money for the green C4 for a few weeks. I kind of thought as you have one put by for me Iā€™d see if anything came up on Tat Friday if you donā€™t mind. However I was out last Friday and tomorrow will be driving to and from Norwich so again probably not available. Could I ask if you see any more C30s cheap, then get them for me even if theyā€™re gold?

However if youā€™d like me to pay for the C4 now, please let me know.

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Positive spin on it now, at least itā€™s available in Morrisonā€™s, Tesco and B&M so thatā€™s a start

Just Hot Wheels in B&M.Ā  Lots kicked under the shelves, filthy under there too.Ā  Hoped there would be a Cadillac Seville, but no.Ā  Lots of the white Camaro environmental art car andĀ the Doner Kebab thing.

IMG_20230202_194132.thumb.jpg.e2785d08fab547954b03a46f0cbdc405.jpg

25 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

The Corgi Marlin was really nice and Iā€™d like it

IMG_6020.thumb.JPG.737f6d4752b6a7a08a268d9518f7b1df.JPG

I think the yellow and orange lorry (Bedford maybe?) was Ā£10 which seamed dear to me.

IMG_6021.thumb.JPG.740222a2cd2825830e8ba4b3fa762897.JPG

This box was on the floor so maybe cheaper?

IMG_6022.thumb.JPG.80dafeb45786a08d43230915783e390b.JPG

We are likely to be back to this shop soon so if anyone is interested in anything, let me know

The Corgi Marlin is probably worth that if the screen pillars aren't broken/bent, which seems common on that one (like bothĀ I have here!).Ā  The Yellow lorry is a the Corgi ERF Cement, would struggle to get a fiver in that condition

Middle tray has the mid-seventies orange/yellow Matchbox SuperKings DAF car transporterĀ which is the most valuable there.Ā  Do you recall price on it?Ā  Likely more than a tenner if the ERF is ten!

Bottom tray has another of those DAFs looking nicely faded.Ā  The gawky Dukes of Hazzard General Lee is a stunt car and they go for Ā£5Ā without much trouble.Ā  The late-seventies Matchbox Mini Ha Ha is worth picking up if tidy, not rare though, I have about four of the blighters

6 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

The Corgi Marlin is probably worth that if the screen pillars aren't broken/bent, which seems common on that one (like bothĀ I have here!).Ā  The Yellow lorry is a the Corgi ERF Cement, would struggle to get a fiver in that condition

Middle tray has the orange/yellow Matchbox SuperKings DAF car transporterĀ which is the most valuable there.Ā  Do you recall price on it?Ā  Likely more than a tenner if the ERF is ten

Bottom tray has another of those DAFs looking nicely faded.Ā  The gawky Dukes of Hazzard General Lee is a stunt car and they go for Ā£5Ā without much trouble

I phrased that badly, the orange yellow transporter was Ā£10.

I'll see how much the General Lee is next time.

I think the Marlin was good, but will have a better look at it. I have bought stuff from there before and if you buy a few can get Ā£s knocked off.

Do you know what the little muscle cars (as in what toy manufacturer) in the first tray are? I thought they were nice, but don't want to get into that scale so didn't really look at what they are.

25 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

I phrased that badly, the orange yellow transporter was Ā£10.

I'll see how much the General Lee is next time.

I think the Marlin was good, but will have a better look at it. I have bought stuff from there before and if you buy a few can get Ā£s knocked off.

Do you know what the little muscle cars (as in what toy manufacturer) in the first tray are? I thought they were nice, but don't want to get into that scale so didn't really look at what they are.

Sorry yes I perhaps misread anyhow.Ā 

I was just identifying, it's not worth botheringĀ on thatĀ General Lee.

I'd be happy with a fiver on the Marlin - if those pillars are good and theĀ glazingĀ isn't cracked.Ā  But please don't go there especially for just that.

Top tray is majority Mattel Hot Wheels and recent (lastĀ decade).Ā  Odd ones out are the late-1970s Matchbox in bottom right corner:Ā  Ford Model A and the Donald Duck buggy.Ā  Perhaps the two above Donald aren't Hot Wheels either, but not sure.

48 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

Been in a few junk shops today and this plastic Muscle car caught my eye, at first I thought it was meant to be a T-Bird, but having looked through my book of muscle cars I leaning towards a 67 Olds Cutlass. Anyone know what the model is?

IMG_6018.thumb.JPG.1403b73553a04d749aae9d3d55ee44cc.JPG

Yes, 1966-67 Old Cutlass, probably a Hurst 442 or wannabe with that supercharged engine poking out the hood.

Thought it might be the Monogram 1:25 kit but too many differences and kit was moulded in white with plastic mouldedĀ much better than that I think.

IMG-9766.thumb.jpg.d95e2f03a73e8b00b6657493cade3414.jpg

Looks much cheaper plastic with less detail, so wondered on Eldon,Ā but came up with nothing better

We had a Westland Sea King Helicopter fly over earlier.

158877473_download(1).jpg.be5a3f322c0a03c6cbb38d87e9b80d44.jpg

It came back and stopped, hoveringĀ above, making a right racket.Ā  We haven't seen the cat since.Ā 

It loweredĀ some heavyĀ cargo down to our garden, causing much curtain twitching throughoutĀ the neighbourhood.

IMG_20230202_211545_1.thumb.jpg.68d39c0cccf76c332e674dbaf708bf5c.jpg

Whilst I was signing the delivery note, FarmerĀ Tom appeared from nowhere andĀ staked a claim to it - beforeĀ I got the chance to look at it.Ā  Which is just as well, as the wife was in.Ā  Good delay tacticĀ there, old Tom.

The note states it was sent overĀ from deepest Hampshire by aĀ @danthecapriman

On 2/1/2023 at 8:23 PM, Cookiesouwest said:

Not posted in ages, because while hundreds of die cast buses have arrived since before Christmas, no cars.

Until now. And an unusual one for me, both in scale and manufacture.

20230201_180014.thumb.jpg.ac06884c6074cd3e3f53d83512bcdb91.jpg

Mrs CSW's Disco 3 has been in the garage for nearly two weeks, so thought I would buy her a model to remind her that she still owns one.

Its the only one I could find in the same colour. Same spec too.

20230201_180213.thumb.jpg.015e66104c766800dfdd39b8e41adf6e.jpg

Never bought in this scale before or had something from Britain's.

Must say, its pretty good. Very good likeness. Im impressed.

I have 1 in 1/18 and itĀ weighs a ton ,very well detailed but has dropped its mirrors whilst in storage.

20221018_111802.jpg

20221018_111814.jpg

20221018_111832.jpg

20221018_111912.jpg

47 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Bburago used to be the masters of the accurate 1/24, the Freelander they did was superb. They sort of reached a high for quality about 1999ish and at the time werenā€™t all that expensive.Ā 

I was just looking at the 70s - 90s ones I have on my shelves and I definitely agree!

16 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I was just looking at the 70s - 90s ones I have on my shelves and I definitely agree!

I have the Bburago Capri, and a few annoyances aside, it's excellent.

capri.thumb.jpg.c9d38923f51e0d1955c2ba44f58b8d94.jpg

I think it's more accurate, proportionally, than the 1:18 Norev rendition. Infuriating, though, that it says 1973 on it for some reason.

6 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

I have the Bburago Capri, and a few annoyances aside, it's excellent.

capri.thumb.jpg.c9d38923f51e0d1955c2ba44f58b8d94.jpg

I think it's more accurate, proportionally, than the 1:18 Norev rendition. Infuriating, though, that it says 1973 on it for some reason.

See Iā€™dĀ disagree, it looks a wee bit too short. Any whyā€™s it got the wheels of a Capri LS on it if itā€™s a 2.8? Plus the wipers are about six inch thick. On the other hand Iā€™ve seen their other recent 1/24 and they look good just think the Capri wasnā€™t their finest hour.