Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

1 hour ago, RoadworkUK said:

Is that the same Intex that makes lilos and cheapo inflatable kayaks?

I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me 

15 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I had originally intended to use the front axle and wheels from the rougher example

I have a few* spare wheels if you (or anyone) needs them. Honestly there are hundreds 

My latest purchase. A Ford Explorer. I've wanted a model of this iconic movie car since I first saw the original Jurassic Park film in 1993. I think it's very cool and I've already started detailing it a bit since I took these photos, with black around the side door windows and the rear window pillars which has improved the look immensely. 

20221011_125313~2.jpg

20221011_125419~2.jpg

20221011_125332~2.jpg

20221011_125252~2.jpg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Mothercare did a few commissions of their branded versions of Corgi/Matchbox, I had the Superkings Landrover Hi-cap Vets Van as a kid. Quite hard to find! 

I remember seeing the green K-144 Land Rover in the Early Learning Centre too - looked a bit better than the police/ airport/ road maintenance version from the Superkings mainline range, even if it still had the clunky roof sign.

K-144_Land_Rover_110_ELC_Vet.thumb.png.aaa2bf792ef898eecd37147fa86cd1e3.png

I had a vague suspicion the yellow version of the Superkings K-164 Range Rover (toy fair find by @bunglebusthe other day) was also an Early Learning Centre version - and it seems it was, from the same farm toys range.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:49 PM, bunglebus said:

This Matchbox RR is fairly crap all things considered, but I liked the attempt at recreating the three spokes...

20221008_142859

...and the TOF reg

20221008_142911

ELC_Motor_Play_RR.thumb.webp.c2c2315f84fd2c7fdba3bc71fbc2f57e.webp

Yup, either pre-production or some sort of colour trial for a later incarnation.

I think the X1/9 version produced exclusively for M&S was done in silver, but there were likely a few different colours prepared as samples for Corgi to take along to their client meetings.

I understand M&S wanted their versions from the Corgi range to be different from all the mainline models, so possibly different coloured plastic components were floated to make that happen.

Either way, well bought!

3 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

you wouldn't think so with the number on fleabay lol

There’s hundreds* well quite a few, I’ve never seen one, not even a battered one! Job lots of things do turn up though, like all those Schabak Scorpio’s a few year back.

I’m hovering over the BIN button now 😁

Talk to me about Mini GT Kaido house people.

Want some cool cars and some garage type stuff to put in a diorama for my lad.

I'm feeling the 510 wagons and something like the lifts greenlight sell.

Is there anything else like Kaido House I should be looking at? Love standard Hotwheels but want some more modified/custom looking stuff. I do have a Datsun Hyper Hauler as well but I don't want to open it lol. 

Anyone got any cool cars, lifts equipment for sale? Doesn't have to be mint condition, anything cool really.

5 hours ago, tom13 said:

Talk to me about Mini GT Kaido house people.

Want some cool cars and some garage type stuff to put in a diorama for my lad.

I'm feeling the 510 wagons and something like the lifts greenlight sell.

Is there anything else like Kaido House I should be looking at? Love standard Hotwheels but want some more modified/custom looking stuff. I do have a Datsun Hyper Hauler as well but I don't want to open it lol. 

Anyone got any cool cars, lifts equipment for sale? Doesn't have to be mint condition, anything cool really.

Inno 64 are good too, especially for JDM stuff. BM creations' stuff is good too, their Toyota Starlets are fantastic.

In a similar vein to Datsuncog this Unimog has been sitting on my desk at work for nearly five years now. 

24812EBC-C963-4538-AD46-403F0AB92C38.thumb.jpeg.e6144f8089fb615d35f6d8766cf614ae.jpeg

It’s one of those part work models by Universal Hobbies but is superbly detailed and is in the ever appealing green with red wheels combo. Just out of shot (behind the rubber dinosaurs) is my grey Fergie but I don’t like that as much since the PAT testing bloke broke the steering wheel craning over my desk to reach the plugs.

2 hours ago, warch said:

In a similar vein to Datsuncog this Unimog has been sitting on my desk at work for nearly five years now. 

24812EBC-C963-4538-AD46-403F0AB92C38.thumb.jpeg.e6144f8089fb615d35f6d8766cf614ae.jpeg

It’s one of those part work models by Universal Hobbies but is superbly detailed and is in the ever appealing green with red wheels combo. Just out of shot (behind the rubber dinosaurs) is my grey Fergie but I don’t like that as much since the PAT testing bloke broke the steering wheel craning over my desk to reach the plugs.

Photos of the Fergie required!