Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

46 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Not a fan of the real thing but the Matchbox one is ok. 

image.jpg

I’m probably the only owner of a real Landrover I know who likes the new Defender. I bought an Oxford Diecast one instead.

9AC83F5B-7C64-46A3-8434-6AFB598D2070.thumb.webp.fb0accacd2913e207c1b44413d5cd56b.webp

As new cars go they’re quite jolly plus mine cost me a few quid not the 40 odd thousand pounds a real one would be. 

6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

@Spottedlaurelfunny enough we were talking about you yesterday - looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Thanks (hopefully - it depends what you were saying!).

Was there much in the way of kits there? I've seen very few at those I've been to, seems to be a different scene. Maybe for that reason, any I've got there have been very reasonably priced - sellers just want to move them on as they take up space.

Way back in the mists of time (2nd of December 2019), I posted the 1985 Corgi catalogue, which included something I hadn't seen before - the Surfrider version of the Mazda B1600, or Mazda 4X4 as they were calling it at the time

Corgi 1985 06

Despite nearly two years of searching, I'd not found one for sale, and was starting to convince myself it was never released, despite seeing the odd picture of boxed ones. 

Well it does exist, I have one

20211019_11335420211019_113409

Some little tinker has been at it with the red Humbrol, emulating daddy's red wheel centre Corgis that he keeps in the loft, but I can live with that.

think I now have them all, rocking horse poo-level Playart variations aside.

4 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

I'm aware these guys are going to be selling at retail prices, but I was impressed with the new layout of the Swindon branch - they've just moved into a huge warehouse.

https://www.hwmodels.com/

They appear to have more than just Hotwheels too.

He sells quite a bit on Facebook too,usually by flash sales

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438137323676272/?ref=share

22 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Way back in the mists of time (2nd of December 2019), I posted the 1985 Corgi catalogue, which included something I hadn't seen before - the Surfrider version of the Mazda B1600, or Mazda 4X4 as they were calling it at the time

Corgi 1985 06

Despite nearly two years of searching, I'd not found one for sale, and was starting to convince myself it was never released, despite seeing the odd picture of boxed ones. 

Well it does exist, I have one

20211019_113354

Like buses...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313711987769

Still slim pickings in the world of Hot Wheels and Matchbox. Smyths turned this up

20211020_141654

Poundland appeared to have restocked as they had none last week, but there weren't many left. They were quite a recent case too (white Worldwide Optimism Camaro etc), unlike days of old when you got a second chance at cases from a year ago.

Off on missions tomorrow and should get time to go hunting