Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

23 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

There are a few that have been set up over the years but none are complete from what I have seen.  What there are tend to cater for a particular type or era

What is it you are looking for?  KTG Holdens?

I've been trying to find out for a while who makes MR2 Roadsters and particularly, if anyone ever did the Facelift model.
i've seen a few PFLs, but never a facelift (the main difference is the front and rear lights, side panels and the addition of foglights)

13 hours ago, MiniMort said:

So today I completed my very first diecast restoration!

If you remember last week, I bought a few 80s models for a pound a pop at a really cool store - including this Majorette Peugeot 205:

P1090879.thumb.JPG.1fa3540d4937b787e522b9204a8ec156.JPGP1090880.thumb.JPG.2e1850bbb8a2c48ce18c0469041732dc.JPG

Now that's all well and good, but I really wanted to tidy it up a bit and make it more stock. So, some primer, white spray paint and terrible detailing skills later...

P1090883.thumb.JPG.4a7cc7fa7b2f708c3a1068a9188c43f0.JPGP1090884.thumb.JPG.aa2aab1a9343e246776db0e721f1b551.JPG

...we have a little Peugeot 205 Junior! Alright, it's hardly the best job in the world (those side trims are an absolute mess and the rear light clusters are the wrong way around) but as a first attempt I'm not displeased. 

That's a cracking job you've done there! I never thought those Majorette 205s could look so good in civvie colours.

Nice one.

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

Forgive me, I have sinned.

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.5ff187bf1c025b8f05d454f22a5af2b4.JPG

Heh, fret not, my son... I'm sure it'll find  good home before long! Penance not required.

No market attendance today - with the Forester undriveable and MrsDC needing the Yaris today for work, my usual Friday morning sojourn into Belfast had to be relinquished.

But never worry, I'm sure fresh opportunities will arise before long.

1 hour ago, TheOtherStu said:

Is there anywhere on the Interwebz where there is a database of known miniatures where you could search manufacturer, made/model, country of issue etc.?

I've not found many, there are Wikis for Matchbox and Hot Wheels, and some sites that try and cater for multiple brands. Most are aimed at collectors of the brand rather than car manufacturers though

17 hours ago, Amishtat said:

I don't think I've come across the Mercury on those early wheels, but I have the Cougar and Charger here. Thought I had the Muira too but it must be in the loft. There was a nice Mercedes ambulance at the boot sale last year but for some reason couldn't bring myself to unbuckle the fiver asked for it. Probably ought to have done, it was a nice example but just couldn't get that excited about it. Would definitely pick up the Mercury if I saw one, it would be nice to have all three Septics. There's also one of the pink Dodge dragsters here which I have been consistently failing to remember to post to flat4alfa for a few weeks now.. 

IMG_20211014_175331.jpg

The Bender with the Bent B-Pillar?  Had forgotten anyhow!

Back here there are these and neither Mercury seem to have the 1st series steering set up.  Had thought one of them was, as I knew there were two colours.   But know I see Police car only.   Oh dear.

IMG_1325.thumb.JPG.fc931fed02721594cb4c9dc63e83a3e6.JPG

Am after the King Size K-22 Dodge if anyone has a spare.  They seem to go for big money or little money ....depending if I'm watching one or not.

13 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I've not found many, there are Wikis for Matchbox and Hot Wheels, and some sites that try and cater for multiple brands. Most are aimed at collectors of the brand rather than car manufacturers though

Yeah, that's kinda the issue. I'm in quite a few car forums, Facebook groups etc. Some of them are unusual cars (things I want in the future!) I like the idea of having a model of some of the cars I've owned in the past (I wonder if you they ever did a model of the Vauxhall Carlton or Rover (Honda) 213)

28 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

Yeah, that's kinda the issue. I'm in quite a few car forums, Facebook groups etc. Some of them are unusual cars (things I want in the future!) I like the idea of having a model of some of the cars I've owned in the past (I wonder if you they ever did a model of the Vauxhall Carlton or Rover (Honda) 213)

You can get Gama Opel equivalents - what shape would you be looking for?

2 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

I wonder if you they ever did a model of the Vauxhall Carlton or Rover (Honda) 213)

Mk2 Carlton Gsi are by Corgi Vanguards 1:43 and a crude Carlton/Omega 1:64 Welly. 

There doesn't seem to have even been a Honda Civic Sedan gen-3 (Ballade gen-2) to modify to look like a Rover SD3

The Corgi Ford Mustang Tat Friday That Didn't Happen Meet

The Corgi Model Club Mustang 2+2 Fastback met with the original Corgi Mach I

IMG_1317.thumb.JPG.bdb85135c527554c10be69020fdd569d.JPG

They shared a hot pasty with a suspicious hole in the middle, a scorching coffee...

IMG_1319.thumb.JPG.9e5dcfc86e80cf1b0ca2b568f0c3ae79.JPG

...and a jam scone to finish.

IMG_1318.thumb.JPG.432a3cdbdab905fdf8d08a93fe5961a2.JPG

They wandered about, and then back again to a previous stall, only to find they had missed an old friend, the Corgi Mustang Dragster 'Organ Grinder'

IMG_1320.thumb.JPG.9156fc4ee23ba492500027ffdd90e347.JPG

Opening things were opened and shut with glee

IMG_1313.thumb.JPG.d9d07e0e34cd361dce9dee12f79b7b14.JPG

Mach I had to get going as he had a meeting at 10am, so Fastback and Grinder stayed back for a while longer

IMG_1314.thumb.JPG.5217ccc83a9f01be264446fe234ee678.JPG

Checking out each others' casting differences, which were considerable

IMG_1315.thumb.JPG.0cc78b164a08ad6876f93b8cd1379627.JPG

After that, there was considerable reminiscing about Adidas Gazelle generations and the good old days of Tat Friday 2019 when you could get three Dinkies for fiver. 

Then they each caught the bus into the office before elevensies.

I must be a bit dense, it was only the other day I realised that Corgi had done similar things to Lesney and customised older castings, perhaps because I haven't had one of the original Mustangs.

It's obvious now of course. What else got the groovy 70s treatment? 

9 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

I've been trying to find out for a while who makes MR2 Roadsters and particularly, if anyone ever did the Facelift model.
i've seen a few PFLs, but never a facelift (the main difference is the front and rear lights, side panels and the addition of foglights)

Found this on Flickr but no description except the tag Autoart

Toyota MR2

Autoart 1:18

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Maxi Cars 10041 Toyota MR2 1:43

MAX-10041-MR2

No description

mr2 spyder

Worth clicking this as there's info in the description

1-64_Fast_Furious_Toyota_MR2_Spider_1

I just searched Toyota MR2 diecast on Flickr

On 3/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, flat4alfa said:

£6 job lot of old Corgi arrived

IMG_3571.thumb.JPG.2db8ca968edaf864f7daa450cb2234fd.JPG

Now the Mustang Fastback is here, the next on the Corgi Model Club list is the Thompson Mongoose [tr. De Tomaso Mangusta in non-Cog-ese.

But I've already got one and it is complete and reasonable too.  So, do I cancel (skip) the Mongoose, or eagerly wait for it anyway for its £23?  What to do...

12 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Now the Mustang Fastback is here, the next on the Corgi Model Club list is the Thompson Mongoose [tr. De Tomaso Mangusta in non-Cog-ese.

But I've already got one and it is complete and reasonable too.  So, do I cancel (skip) the Mongoose, or eagerly wait for it anyway for its £23?  What to do...

How do you detach the chassis?,I can't get mine apart & I don't want to break it 🤔