Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Hey, who is our resident French diecast chod-botherer? I've just clocked there was a Hachette partwork series of 1:24 Citroen cars out this year including AX, Ami 6 Break and the lovely BX below. There are a few on Ebay but what are my chances of finding one in a newsagent in France? If these things are €8 a pop or whatever (rather than the ebay prices) I would take several of each!

204655858_tcimg_49EE5609.thumb.jpg.43504a3ef2f702b2c26f3fdcd9805d59.jpg

The Hachette 1:24 scale part-works have been running since 2016.  The first issue was the Citroen DS, at 6.99 Euro.  I'm not sure how the series pricing tiered, but the cover price for the BX was 24.99 Euro

4836-large_default.jpg.04c7e13efc9ff7c951418c8eb7bfbb87.jpg  @barrett

I read somewhere the BX model itself was produced by IXO.

The best person to ask about this series is Christian (Junkman) formerly of this parish, as he has most of the collection.  He should still be found on the Dark Wob, amongst other forums. 

Surprisingly, this little Lone Star 'Roadmaster' Silver Cloud MkIII [MPW] was won for 99p.  Yes, missing its screen, but.... TADTS!  Go on, take a look what is available....   so many screens!  Missing.  Lost.  Oh dear.

Thankfully it does still have its has opening boot, bonnet and doors.  And being Lone Star, the base unscrews for restoration purposes.  

Earlier, a big  sister BBurago Camargue had welcomed it into the fold, showing off its talents.

20201020_001733895_iOS.thumb.jpg.4f25e61a3b3a992b375fc9a080f8349b.jpg

More of the little Lone Star, pictured alongside the similar-coloured Lesney Silver Shadow, perhaps sometime tomorrow

10 hours ago, barrett said:

Hey, who is our resident French diecast chod-botherer? I've just clocked there was a Hachette partwork series of 1:24 Citroen cars out this year including AX, Ami 6 Break and the lovely BX below. There are a few on Ebay but what are my chances of finding one in a newsagent in France? If these things are €8 a pop or whatever (rather than the ebay prices) I would take several of each!

204655858_tcimg_49EE5609.thumb.jpg.43504a3ef2f702b2c26f3fdcd9805d59.jpg

Most newsagents in big towns will have them.  About 25 euro an issue now.

5 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Surprisingly, this little Lone Star 'Roadmaster' Silver Cloud MkIII [MPW] was won for 99p.  Yes, missing its screen, but.... TADTS!  Go on, take a look what is available....   so many screens!  Missing.  Lost.  Oh dear.

I wonder how similar the Matchbox version's screen is? They seem a bit more robust.

I try not to buy stuff with damaged glass now unless it's available, Corgi Dinky and some Spot On are covered, anything else you're on your own...

Damaged windows don't worry me unless the shape is particularly intricate.  I have plenty of clear plastic packaging, the same stuff they use for MB and HW bubble packs, and can usually cut it to a fairly acceptable shape with a small pair of scissors.  I bailed out of doing that for my Spot-On Fiat 500 though, and ordered a replacement; another recently arrived for my Corgi Marcos 1800.  My Dinky Range Rover and Standard Atlas will be getting tailor-made sections.

3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I wonder how similar the Matchbox version's screen is? They seem a bit more robust.

You know, the very same popped into my head earlier.  Did you use a Jedi mind-trick on me?!

I was going to dig out the only MB Silver Shadows convertible I have, and compare.

58 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

@bunglebus Was it you looking for the pale blue car seen on the right which I think you got free with Jaffa Cakes or something?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-X-1970s-Matchbox-Job-Lot-Superfast-Racers/184492363665?hash=item2af49a0f91:g:20kAAOSw9hZfhHwL

I'd grab the orange Jaffa version if one came up cheap, but it's not keeping me awake at night.

Problem I have now is most of the things I'd like are rare/sought after and therefore expensive 

46 minutes ago, Tenmil Socket said:

Ah the cabrio with police lights on the roof, brilliant 

To be fair, when I was a 3+ and making my cars do jumps over the coffee table, just like on telly, the yellow wheels would have confused me more.  Because.  Cars don't have yellow wheels.   There are no yellow wheels on the Dukes of Hazzard Rosco P Coltraine police car .  Nor on the A-Team jumping jeeps for that matter

Some frenzied clearing of the shed has unearthed a few of my childhood treasures including at long last, my Corgi Honda Ballade. No luck yet with the red Sierra or Acclaim but if they don't turn up in the next couple of weeks I'll have to write them off as gone. Can't tell you how pleased I was to have come across this again though. Missing something from the roof but that's immaterial really. The plod Rover behind came from Hamleys in 1987,the only time I've ever been there. 

IMG_20201020_082038.jpg

IMG_20201020_082026.jpg

They were in a box with other stuff I'd completely forgotten having.. I think the Gama Astra might have come from the Vauxhall dealers where Grandad used to get his Cavaliers from, Cowies on Ipswich Road. The number plate on the boot in my Dad's writing makes me think this was a Christmas present in 1987. The Audi I hadn't forgotten about but didn't expect to find. No sign of the bumper though. 

IMG_20201020_082113.jpg

IMG_20201020_082135.jpg

New arrival

The Camargues welcomed it with aplomb

A tin-plate 1931 Rolls Royce AM RADIO

Now, for 99p I was expecting the electronics to have long perished. One PP3 (shows my age) battery later and we have Jeremy Vine spouting-off about banning private cars from city centres and arguing with a Welshman caller.  Excellent 

0DDB963E-E19D-4132-911D-600C03916A67.jpeg

There was also this, which we mentioned before back in the summer I think. That probably isn't the right way to put it together but 1990 is a long time ago now. The only Micro machine I had to hand is one of those with an interior when you hold it up to the light. Pity I evidently attacked it with a silver pen, might have a go with meths to see whether it'll clean up any. 

IMG_20201020_083124.jpg

IMG_20201020_083538.jpg

9 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

New arrival

The Camargues welcomed it with aplomb

A tin-plate 1931 Rolls Royce AM RADIO

Now, for 99p I was expecting the electronics to have long perished. One PP3 (shows my age) battery later and we have Jeremy Vine spouting-off about banning private cars from city centres and arguing with a Welshman caller.  Excellent 

0DDB963E-E19D-4132-911D-600C03916A67.jpeg

Ha ha! I had that alarm clock, I think my grandma bought it us one Xmas when I was a kid, it had a digital clock where the windscreen was. Height of taste. 

1 minute ago, sierraman said:

Ha ha! I had that alarm clock, I think my grandma bought it us one Xmas when I was a kid, it had a digital clock where the windscreen was. Height of taste. 

No this is sounds only, no clock/alarm circuit - not had it apart yet but probably no IC in there as it has a proud length underneath suspiciously looking like it would seat a ferrite rod.  Screen is clear and shows an interior complete with dash.  At last, Jeremy Vine is playing some music. Back to work now, will look later

9 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

You'll have to outlive me for that to happen..

Ah.  Well, on hearing that, the SEXY ACCLAIM SISTERS are in tears right now.  Look closely at the eyes, they do look glum....  For a moment there, perhaps they thought there was a chance for expanding the flock.  Oh what a shame

6A340999-D7D4-4807-A753-55E125F8F6F7.jpeg