Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

On 9/2/2020 at 1:34 AM, bunglebus said:

Just the cars, or the young ladies adorning them? Sobering thought that most of them are pensioners now!

I've had similar thoughts.  See if you can find "Roll Away The Stone" on TOTP2 somewhere.  There's a hippy-chick singing the backing line (Sha-la la-la push-push) and her grandkids must surely have seen it by now!  I wonder what they think?

10 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I can say with some certainty if I croaked it tomorrow all my collection would be tipped straight in the bin by the wife. 

That would be harsh however I'd rather that happened to mine as opposed to being hoovered up by some greedy, greasy buyer who would sell them off at a profit or trade them with his wanker friends. Nobody else in my family has any interest in them.

The same goes for my real cars although I'd hope they would be donated to chosen friends who would appreciate them.

20 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

That would be harsh however I'd rather that happened to mine as opposed to being hoovered up by some greedy, greasy buyer who would sell them off at a profit or trade them with his wanker friends. Nobody else in my family has any interest in them.

The same goes for my real cars although I'd hope they would be donated to chosen friends who would appreciate them.

I might write up a will and bequeath them to Autoshite. ?

11 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

My wife and I have wills and everything is left to her but I will tell her to sign up for here and donate my tat!

It’s not something I’d ever actually thought of, I’ve not got a will in place as I’ve not got any big assets to take care of but I’d like to think the 2000 strong Matchboxes went to someone equally as tragic as me ?

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

My wife and I have wills and everything is left to her but I will tell her to sign up for here and donate my tat!

Mine keeps telling me they're all going in a skip.  I've told her time after time that I'm leaving them to the Lakeland Motor Museum, and she just says no, they're going in the skip.  Mean cow.

1 minute ago, eddyramrod said:

Mine keeps telling me they're all going in a skip.  I've told her time after time that I'm leaving them to the Lakeland Motor Museum, and she just says no, they're going in the skip.  Mean cow.

I don’t understand why they are like this. I think it’s the thoughts of someone who doesn’t have any hobbies of their own so can’t understand the concept of taking pleasure in something. 

1 hour ago, Amishtat said:

It's not something I'd ever given any thought to either.. In the absence of Tat Wednesday owing to parsimony on my part, I gave the Corgi Bedford a clean and let it dry in the sun. 

15990381679477284822059999385914.jpg

Ahh memories, thank you. I used to have the exact same combination. The cab I found was interchangeable with the TK and I used to to pull the car transporter and the excavator trailer as well, at times.

Looking good there, Amishtat.

1 minute ago, sierraman said:

I don’t understand why they are like this. I think it’s the thoughts of someone who doesn’t have any hobbies of their own so can’t understand the concept of taking pleasure in something. 

I completely agree, that's exactly what it is.  I can't understand why she can't see the pleasure they give me.

Picked up this playworn but otherwisedecent Matchbox Renault 17 at the weekend. 

20200831_132044.thumb.jpg.6d4caffa67761ace234411ba99a84483.jpg

Had a quick look online at Renner 17's to help decide it's future look.

20200902_130130.thumb.jpg.21a6971e768c04eb258b961f6221b52c.jpg

20200902_130207.thumb.jpg.ac8c30f886ee89b44e1dd3a695dbbe99.jpg

Quite pleased with how it turned out. 

Pictured here with a mint original one. 

You like it Smoll Eddy?

"Nice colour for a froggy mota M8"

:mrgreen:

I told the wife there must be £5k -worth of unmade models, diecast, slot cars, ‘classic’ car parts, etc so she wouldn’t skip, but would still see it as a mammoth task and probably let someone greasy grab the lot in bulk just to keep her head straight.  She just doesn’t have the patience to make money 

9 hours ago, sierraman said:

It’s not something I’d ever actually thought of, I’ve not got a will in place as I’ve not got any big assets to take care of but I’d like to think the 2000 strong Matchboxes went to someone equally as tragic as me ?

My eldest has his eye on mine. No doubt to be converted into papa johns vouchers when I am gone.

11 hours ago, Amishtat said:

It's not something I'd ever given any thought to either.. In the absence of Tat Wednesday owing to parsimony on my part, I gave the Corgi Bedford a clean and let it dry in the sun. 

15990381679477284822059999385914.jpg

I have or maybe had ( that needs to be confirmed someday) I also had a milk tanker which was white and blue. Plus a car transporter again with the same tractor unit.

27 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I have or maybe had ( that needs to be confirmed someday) I also had a milk tanker which was white and blue. Plus a car transporter again with the same tractor unit.

I do have the transporter too but not in as nice condition. Didn't know about the milk tanker, I'll have to keep an eye open for that. 

15990795184947920813985048494661.jpg

10 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

i should get my  affairs in order and get a will sorted out.

but fortunately kerry knows that the toy trains and old toy cars all have some "value" though frankly they would end up getting sold.

most likely to a trader cos trying to sell them on piecemeal would just be a total pain in the arse, and take forever!

as nice it would be to keep the collection together there isn't anything ultra rare, valuable or interesting included, just an accumulation of common models of common cars and trains, some really nice and some not so nice.

but i like them. alot.

18 hours ago, Amishtat said:

I do have the transporter too but not in as nice condition. Didn't know about the milk tanker, I'll have to keep an eye open for that. 

15990795184947920813985048494661.jpg

I just hope your aunt takes the hint that you would like this collection. If not do you want us all to write to her and ask if she will donate them to you and keep the collection in the family?