Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

14 hours ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

Looks good so far... just need to work out how I'm going to make them tiny enough to squeeze onto a 1/76 model?!

20200621_220103.jpg

Open up into a paint program and resize to the scaled percentage 

Printing onto label or decal paper would help with applying to the model

For 1/76 though, you’re stretching the ability of the printer to handle a bitmap graphic and might* get better results from a vector program

5 hours ago, Tim_E said:

This is a plastic model, no idea the make.

20200622_081013.jpg

Yes as Bramz7 says, it’s a Stahlberg

Other models in their 1/20 scale include Volvos 343/360/142/164, Golf mk1 and a Merc W123 Estate (which I would love to have!) 

Later models include SAAB 9000 which must be the shite grail.  That is under brand Emek-Muovi, who bought-out Stahlberg

On 6/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, Amishtat said:

This may be a silly question, but who made this? It was in the boot of my 164 when I bought it. Nicely proportioned but there's no maker's name or anything on the underside

post-26064-0-62708300-1528021432_thumb.jpg

All plastic apart from the axles and hubcaps, and it's around 1/18 or so in scale at a rough guess

post-26064-0-41887600-1528021655_thumb.jpg

20 hours ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

Damn good idea. ?

Looks good so far... just need to work out how I'm going to make them tiny enough to squeeze onto a 1/76 model?!

20200621_220103.jpg

Resize them to 0.68cm wide and that will give you the correct scale size for 1/76. Print, cut out and stick on. Job jobbed.

22 hours ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

I gave it a go earlier on    ..if only to see how bad the limitations are on a £50 inkjet printer

Step 1:  Create plates, choosing a pre-2001 font, then screen grab each separately (because the 'download' function on the website adds a watermark)

1.png

Step 2:  Measure a full size number plate - the one I had to hand was 52cm x 11cm.  Using a paint program (this one is freely available) resize each plate to the 'print size' of 51cm wide 11cm tall, so they are each now 'full-size'

2.png

Step 3: Place each plate onto one single image together

3.png

Step 4:  Determine the percentage to shrink them by and resize to that percentage

4.png

5.png

Step 5:  Print the image onto label paper, so they can stick straight on after cutting out

20200622-183301230-i-OS.jpg

Step 6:  Pour a beer and sing about the printing ability of a cheap domestic inkjet printer

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

I gave it a go earlier on    ..if only to see how bad the limitations are on a £50 inkjet printer

Step 1:  Create plates, choosing a pre-2001 font, then screen grab each separately (because the 'download' function on the website adds a watermark)

1.png

Step 2:  Measure a full size number plate - the one I had to hand was 52cm x 11cm.  Using a paint program (this one is freely available) resize each plate to the 'print size' of 51cm wide 11cm tall, so they are each now 'full-size'

2.png

Step 3: Place each plate onto one single image together

3.png

Step 4:  Determine the percentage to shrink them by and resize to that percentage

4.png

5.png

Step 5:  Print the image onto label paper, so they can stick straight on after cutting out

20200622-183301230-i-OS.jpg

Step 6:  Pour a beer and sing about the printing ability of a cheap domestic inkjet printer

unnamed.jpg

If you don't have label paper these are small enough to 'laminate' with sellotape on both sides, cut them out and then you can stick them on with a dot of superglue.

It also gives them a realistic appearance.

Everyone working from home means you can't craftily tag the plates print at the end of your stuff on your work super- super laser printer, just remember to remove it from the deck before sharing.....

The weather looks promising so I might* pop down to the boot sale on Wednesday morning before work. There was a lot of Corgi tackle I didn't mention last week (RAC Transit recovery, at least six XJS in various hues and a couple of nice X1/9s to pick a few random examples) so I'll try and get some better shots this time just in case any of you feels like doing some virtual tat-hoking.

25 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

The weather looks promising so I might* pop down to the boot sale on Wednesday morning before work. There was a lot of Corgi tackle I didn't mention last week (RAC Transit recovery, at least six XJS in various hues and a couple of nice X1/9s to pick a few random examples) so I'll try and get some better shots this time just in case any of you feels like doing some virtual tat-hoking.

What time is it on? Might join you if early. 

52 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

There was a lot of Corgi tackle I didn't mention last week (RAC Transit recovery, at least six XJS in various hues and a couple of nice X1/9s to pick a few random examples)

If you manage to encounter a black XJS with a red coachline, then colour me interested... had one as a kid, played with it until it was really bashed, and never seen another since... would go up to a fiver for a reasonable example.

I think someone on here was looking for a green X1/9 too - possibly @NorfolkNWeigh

16 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

If you manage to encounter a black XJS with a red coachline, then colour me interested... had one as a kid, played with it until it was really bashed, and never seen another since... would go up to a fiver for a reasonable example.

I think someone on here was looking for a green X1/9 too - possibly @NorfolkNWeigh

We'll see what turns up! The two I saw last week were white with a greeny grey two tone effect and metallic blue with groovy stripy stickers. Both nice albeit unboxed. 

10 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

We'll see what turns up! The two I saw last week were white with a greeny grey two tone effect and metallic blue with groovy stripy stickers. Both nice albeit unboxed. 

Already have a rough Greeny Grey, hence the request for better glass and bumpers

A nice Groovy Stripey is of interest !

image.jpeg.1742d894e83e4846eb89a363a27e79f4.jpeg

Need to get paid first though...

I don’t know whether I’m out of touch with the price of things these days but some of the job lots on eBay of battered Matchboxes are insane, what I’d guess would be about £3 worth at a car boot going for £15-20. Of course like in the 90’s everyone gets on the band wagon, you get at car boots a box of similar cars, you’ll ask how much and it’ll be ‘depends which one’ cue then a four hour reminisce about how rare they are, some bullshit facts then a price like a Chicago telephone number for about 50 pence worth. ‘Collectors items those!’

By complete paradox years ago as a kid, everybody and their dog was selling those god forsaken Days Gone By tat. They’d go ‘Love keep the kids away from those they’re collectors items, they only made 25,000 of them’ instead guiding you towards the hallowed box of tat where all the old ‘worthless’ Corgis and Matchboxes were.

Sometime ago I picked up a job lot and it had several ‘Days Gone By’ no doubt cherished by a former miner fully expecting them to be worth enough to pay off his endowment shortfall. The lot quickly met their untimely death in the Record 24 vice as I laughed manically a bit like the KLF foundation did as they burnt a million pounds that time.