Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

2 hours ago, bramz7 said:

Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but there is a lot of stuff going for higher than normal on eBay at the moment. I went through a period of two weeks being outbid and not winning....

I keep getting sniped which is annoying but I figure just bid what you're willing to pay and walk away. There'll always be another one

On 5/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, Datsuncog said:

20200507_211919.thumb.jpg.28bf2df0d77a4a27c69095b84cecd754.jpg

Vauxhall Guildsman, looking pretty in pink. EDIT: But there is a glazing crack, I'm afraid.

Stop Press!   @eddyramrod has come to the rescue with other donor to make good one out of two.  So to save it, please also pop this to F4A 2020 Cog Box III

I wanted to paint one up in the original competition colour (as done previously in this thread I'm sure) but complete with red-line tyre walls and in more of the oyster colour in the Vauxhall publication cover photo (trick of the light?  looks great anyhow) rather than the usual silver or mid-grey metallic

5931880728_4e02ee9e63_k.jpg

6 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

No. 2 looks scared, and is No. 3 Jimmy White laying on his bedroom floor?

More progress today on small stuff, in unexpected directions.....

49875938317_a033f85a01_c.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

49875097018_8d1e074587_c.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

This has been in the cabinet for a while, built when I was 14/15 (so A Long Time Ago). Probably one of my oldest surviving kits, but it was missing its rear spoiler. It turned up when rummaging through a load of parts today looking for something else, so a quick repair had it looking respectable again. Just need to find a wiper and door mirror now.

49875098008_98c58ce697_c.jpg

1:43 Heller Austin Princess kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

49875097943_e1cdba0ddb_c.jpg

1:43 Heller Austin Princess kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Spurred-on by mention of the Jaguar above, and with a bit of time when I couldn't get on with anything on the Audi, I thought I'd give the small Princess another go. Since the above photos I've only gone and finished it!

Photos tomorrow......

On 4/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, Rab said:

1. Four Sanitorium-1968 cereal box Formula 1 cars i just got in NZ at auction for one quid.

IMG_0004.JPG

I have some of those, owned from new, with a bunch of spare parts too.  I need to dig them out to tell you exactly what's there.  There are also some more recent aircraft, still on sprues, and some Tony The Tiger (and other) figures; all single-sprue kits.  If anyone thinks they might be interested, shout up.

8 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Alright but it's been fourteen years and three house moves since I last laid eyes on any of it so I hope you're not on the edge of your seat.. 

Found this in the shed a couple of weeks ago, probably bought from Beatties in Birmingham around twenty years ago. No idea why it never got built, all seems to be there.  It's supposed to piss down tomorrow so I may go and see whether there's enough old half finished Humbrols kicking about to at least throw the engine & interior together.

Give it a go! Probably a fair bit that can be assembled without paint, if you have some glue.

Got any automotive grey primer or matt/satin black? That would get you going.

8 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Stop Press!   @eddyramrod has come to the rescue with other donor to make good one out of two.  So to save it, please also pop this to F4A 2020 Cog Box III

I wanted to paint one up in the original competition colour (as done previously in this thread I'm sure) but complete with red-line tyre walls and in more of the oyster colour in the Vauxhall publication cover photo (trick of the light?  looks great anyhow) rather than the usual silver or mid-grey metallic

1. Is Gordon Waller of Peter & Gordon, & 4. is Zammo from Grange Hill, back when a whiff of polystyrene cement was something he could manage.

19 hours ago, bramz7 said:

Two newcomers this week.

IMG_20200509_123016.thumb.jpg.9b65f12597f4f88177efedbe12dc2991.jpg

Joal SEAT 850 and a Solido XM. 

Unfortunately by far the better side of the latter as the glass is cracked down the other side. Even with that, and no box, it still cost me £16 on auction.

Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but there is a lot of stuff going for higher than normal on eBay at the moment. I went through a period of two weeks being outbid and not winning....

I've got that XM, a dream model car of mine since I saw it in a 1990 Solido catalogue. £16 is a very good price, even in damaged condition. It's a hopelessly fragile item.

I think mine has survived well because it has its box.

I did a wee review of it on my You Tube channel, quite a few years back now though. 

It's been a long standing member of my diecast hitlist, now I've got to track down a Safrane and 605 for sensible money. 

I've noticed some Solido stuff has gotten quite popular in the last 18-24 months. 

I've been sniped twice in the last 24 hours on other stuff! One was a Jet Car Horizon, the other a Polistil Giulia. Bit miffed about the latter but it frees up more for what I want to win later, although I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to break triple figures, which is outside my bidding zone. 

Try eBay.fr Instead for French motors 

Yes the postage is a hit but ‘they’ don’t quite have the same inflated values or collector nutters.  I’ve used it a few times to grab job lot Slot cars that are worth plenty more in the UK

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_nkw=peugeot+604&_sop=15&_sacat=220&LH_PrefLoc=1

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_nkw=safrane&_sop=15&_sacat=220&LH_PrefLoc=1

On 5/8/2020 at 1:09 PM, flat4alfa said:

Also what do you have in your bone yards?  I'm after:

- Wild motors of the type Lonesome Lonesome lost.  Any scale, any condition.

- Hot wheels red and blackline wheels and axles, any condition.

- Corgi and Dinky sixties wheels that had tyres (note to self: contact @eddyramrod about those bases with wheels on).

- DeLorean in 1:1 scale.

- an airbrush if someone has one spare.  Even on loan.

- Oddball stuff the size of that Buddy L truck above that look vaguely like the real thing. Made in Hong Kong brands a speciality. Plastic, tin, mazak, whatever.

- The chance to see an early manuscript for the forthcoming book 'Life in die-casts' ghost-written by Datsun Cog Laverty. 

Thanks

Any of this lot any use to you?

20200510_123851.thumb.jpg.9a64612e655ebc7a7466c999fe147eed.jpg

16 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Couple of screenshots from a new Matchbox case unboxing video.

Are there going to be any UK distributors though?  Despite Tesco's fanfare, I've not seen any singles since December, just 5 pack old stock

3 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Are there going to be any UK distributors though?  Despite Tesco's fanfare, I've not seen any singles since December, just 5 pack old stock

Seems to just Tesco and occasionally Poundland. Half the trouble is Matchbox cases have so many of the same casting in each box, so they seem to hang around for ages not getting replaced with new stock

I'll put this here as not sure if it's the right place, but it is shite in miniature being from the 80's. 

Today I have been painting the figure to my RC car. Started in 'What have you achieved during lockdown thread' 

I'm not good at fine detail but I'm pleased with results. I don't like brush painting as it looks a bit crap so I'll explain what I did differently. 

So this is 'Chip Champ and his purple helmet of joy'

Face started, naturally the flesh tone Humbrol was dried out so I made my own. IMG_20200510_130056.thumb.jpg.320b887c97ef91a934d69132d1fc3486.jpg

IMG_20200510_130120.thumb.jpg.5949fcbacdfba8461df9154226e735dc.jpg

Then his helmet. Didn't take many In between pics. 

IMG_20200510_161316.thumb.jpg.13aa28b5860b4b628a1dec66cb6fb7db.jpg

IMG_20200510_161234.thumb.jpg.a6d5eac1afafbd2cc2b87aa9d9d15b5a.jpg

IMG_20200510_161304.thumb.jpg.89b1dfbbfd2da8190df764ea27ec2292.jpg

Mmmmm Chips helmet looks good enough to lick!! Fnarr fnarr! 

What did I do differently? I've been watching Lady Sills painting her nails with gels and UV light. So I painted the helmet with them . I'm proper pleased with the results. The silver is some nail decoration tape.  Excellent stuff for fine line and then clear over. 

3 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

I'd have an interest in the Matchbox cougar and mustang,but only if MrF4A Hasn't.

?

2 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Yes, happy to split with JYD as I have those two in better condition already.   I would be keen on the rest ? thanks

I'll send you both a P.M ?

9 hours ago, bramz7 said:

It's been a long standing member of my diecast hitlist, now I've got to track down a Safrane and 605 for sensible money. 

I've noticed some Solido stuff has gotten quite popular in the last 18-24 months. 

I've been sniped twice in the last 24 hours on other stuff! One was a Jet Car Horizon, the other a Polistil Giulia. Bit miffed about the latter but it frees up more for what I want to win later, although I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to break triple figures, which is outside my bidding zone. 

Majorette did a Peugeot 605 in 1/18, I think that was based on a Solido, as far as I know though their 1/18 range was never sold in the U.K., I had the Mini and the Mercedes 600 both from trips to France in the mid 90’s. 

43 minutes ago, AndyW201 said:

Some baseplate swappage took place today, the Consul base now wears a set of factory  option GT style sports steels. Yay or nay?

IMG_20200510_112251.thumb.jpg.9c4466026b4550baf7ef327025da7581.jpg

IMG_20200510_112313.thumb.jpg.9eb5c740f83dd42f6112af21c4b6cba6.jpg

They look good, and obviously they could be authentic... but the chrome hubcaps are more base-y and personally I think they suit the no-frills spec better.  It’s your call though :-)

After a forty-year hiatus, I've got interested in Corgi Rockets mainly because they tried so hard to be the British Hot Wheels, and also because not as sought-after.

Oh how wrong I am !!!  I wondered why I have been outbid on many, then I saw these final bids today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORGI-ROCKETS-JOB-LOT-OF-8-ASSORTED-MODELS-/293568043262

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Rockets-Ford-Capri-in-Purple-with-blank-Tune-Up-Key-Playworn-1-64-/184273814518

Finished pic's of little Princess:

image.thumb.jpeg.ca7953531ef48303d6ee200e3688b4db.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.221e183f45f278f573c14d2e9b2391d1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0789fd56744b5500853b50eb593d76da.jpeg

Lots of issues with it, let's just say it was 1970s BL build quality........

I was going to do chrome around all of the windows, but those strips are tiny and when I looked at old brochures it seemed to vary from model to model, so mine is more like an HL. The door mirrors are ludicrously small and took a few attempts to get into place (maybe not helped by listening to a late '80s hardcore compilation featuring the likes of Extreme Noise Terror, Intense Degree and others).

I'd planned to finish the Audi today, but I thought I'd end up rushing it so it can wait for another day.