Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

The trouble for me going on a car buying spree is I then need to add a 1/43 model to my collection to represent it on the shelve!

Nov/Dec 2019 was a busy time with 6 new additions, 1974 Wales and Edwards Rangemaster Milkfloat, 2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible, 1999 Mercedes CLK 320 convertible, 1983 Lancia Trevi, 1988 Citroen AX 14TRS, 2002 Peugeot 306 Cab.

The Milk float is represented by twin headlight Rangemaster, a low cost Papillon Chinese toy, but the only other one available is “James Bond” model that is quite expensive and still twin headlight.

I can’t find a Sebring model in 1/43, but have a 1/25 model I have had for a number of years as I have driven thousands of miles in these as rental cars in the USA. The model is 1997 our real car is a facelift 2002. I have just noticed you can now buy a keyring model but it is a prohibitive at $66.

There are a number of cheap adequate Cararama models of the Mercedes CLK in various colours, hood off and hood up. As I could not find a dark blue/black one I choose a silver one to get a black interior and went for hood up as I have a dust problem on the shelve.

I can’t find a Trevi model at all so I had to go for a Beta, but at least in the right colour. The Trevi is similar to the Beta but has a notch back rather than a sloping back of the Beta. This is a Pego Italia and I had to buy it in Italy and have it posted.

AX 14TRS is my third AX and I could not find a model that was perfect but I wanted a MK1 as this is my first MK1 I have owned. I ended up with a Solido white one with a badge “KWAY” mainly because I liked the model.

306 Cabriolet, Red with black interior was available but at vast cost so I settled for a black Minichamps one.

IMG_20200103_141816 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_141839 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_141955 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142027 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142514 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142531 broad.jpg

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

The trouble for me going on a car buying spree is I then need to add a 1/43 model to my collection to represent it on the shelve!

Nov/Dec 2019 was a busy time with 6 new additions, 1974 Wales and Edwards Rangemaster Milkfloat, 2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible, 1999 Mercedes CLK 320 convertible, 1983 Lancia Trevi, 1988 Citroen AX 14TRS, 2002 Peugeot 306 Cab.

The Milk float is represented by twin headlight Rangemaster, a low cost Papillon Chinese toy, but the only other one available is “James Bond” model that is quite expensive and still twin headlight.

I can’t find a Sebring model in 1/43, but have a 1/25 model I have had for a number of years as I have driven thousands of miles in these as rental cars in the USA. The model is 1997 our real car is a facelift 2002. I have just noticed you can now buy a keyring model but it is a prohibitive at $66.

There are a number of cheap adequate Cararama models of the Mercedes CLK in various colours, hood off and hood up. As I could not find a dark blue/black one I choose a silver one to get a black interior and went for hood up as I have a dust problem on the shelve.

I can’t find a Trevi model at all so I had to go for a Beta, but at least in the right colour. The Trevi is similar to the Beta but has a notch back rather than a sloping back of the Beta. This is a Pego Italia and I had to buy it in Italy and have it posted.

AX 14TRS is my third AX and I could not find a model that was perfect but I wanted a MK1 as this is my first MK1 I have owned. I ended up with a Solido white one with a badge “KWAY” mainly because I liked the model.

306 Cabriolet, Red with black interior was available but at vast cost so I settled for a black Minichamps one.

IMG_20200103_141816 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_141839 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_141955 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142027 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142514 broad.jpg

IMG_20200103_142531 broad.jpg

Loving that selection, especially the Sebring, I'll look out for one of those.

After a few unsuccessful visits to The Entertainer in Merry Hill over the past few weeks I got lucky today and finally got a Volvo estate. ?

49323974692_5cfbbb04cf_z.jpgDSCF1045 by timothy jones, on Flickr

As they still have the 3 for 2 offer on I also picked up a Porsche 944 Turbo and a GT40.

49323761931_54cac1e43e_z.jpgDSCF1046 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The Matalan toy section is run as a concession of Totally Toys. The manager of my nearest store (today) said the supplier is the same as the Entertainer. Couldn’t find that fact on the parent company website though

She also mentioned that HW are selling out as soon as they get stock. The price point of £1.66 is the same as Entertainer

Saw some unboxing videos on YouTube, looks like a few nice Matchbox releases coming with the next case, the mk 1 Golf and re coloured BMW 2002 being a must have for me. The '41 Cadillac looks great too. Looks like the MK1 Honda Civic will be in the batch after that.

Some nice Hot Wheels coming for 2020 as well,  not much in the way of new castings sadly,  I don't know if they've done the GMC Syclone before though or if that is a new release. The Scooby looks nice in metallic red, and the Porker 944 in gold is a beauty. The Ovlov is in another racing livery alas, I was hoping for yellow or green!

22 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I like the K.way - European only special edition? Seats on the full size one were great.

citroen-ax-kway-intc3a9rieur.jpg

A productive visit to yesterday's toy fair in Norwich.......

image.thumb.jpeg.fe2a6778d5e7ae2400c1ef97f652aab1.jpeg

Good to find an additional MIB Superfast, even if it was a little more than I used to pay back in the '90s. Most of the rest are tidy gap fillers until MIB examples come along.

image.thumb.jpeg.eba19ee94228c4a71ab74800fe975597.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f1a2e7adc2d36a9b191d54d0c0a40ed.jpeg

Corgis big and small.

image.thumb.jpeg.16c7f7c58c13f4d5b9c31e5a563d918f.jpeg

Majorettes. The GS Camargue was a new one to me, both as a diecast an in real life.

image.thumb.jpeg.03b635de448429b079f60982a4af2d01.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0648f971e7e88efb4d5c6399906f70a.jpeg

Random stuff, none of it very expensive. The HW MX5 was from a Tesco visit later in the day (no good Matchbox there). I wish I'd had more time to root through the tat boxes, could have come away with a lot more for not much money.

16 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eba19ee94228c4a71ab74800fe975597.jpeg

What make are the Datsun pickup, Ferrari Daytona and AMC Pacer? Not seen those before. 

You got some nice MB and Majorettes, seems like my Facebook feed is full of toy fair finds lately, probably a good job there haven't been any near me in the post-xmas skint season

After a month or so of exhaustive multi-town sweepage, fuel use and car park fee extremes; the following assessment report is in!

Matalan: check the trinket racks that line the pay desk queue. HW make their way there in some stores.

Entertainer: ask the nice friendly understanding lass/lad if they could check the pallettes out back for new HW boxes. Best at the end of the day on delivery Tuesday.

Tesco: Also Tuesday deliveries for HW, but clueless and nonchalant staff members. Looks like all MB stock has come to an end.

TK Max: Some HW but mainly Jurassic Park singles. Very random and messy displays....  ‘the jumble sale’ of department stores.

Sainsbury’s: Some HW but mainly Marvel, Disney, Jurassic Park and other daft theme singles

B&M: HW well stocked but thread randomly about into the racks by clueless staff so the pricing differences make no sense. Take a look under the racks at floor level - a lot gets kicked under there (filthy too!)

ASDA: don’t bother, you’ll get shot in the crossfire from chav families.

LIDL: had just 5-packs of MB but all stock went weeks ago.

One Below: what a mess! Third-world store carrying some earlier MB, most of it kicked under the racks.

One Entertainer staff member said to me that they had two families in (with child buggies), sitting on the floor and rifling through the boxes....!