Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

Look at that!

All that, before the Colonies invented the monster truck

Which motor did that have?

As far as i can remember it was a D0811,so 8 tonne gross with 130 hp and 6 speed gearbox,it was a long time ago though,about 1985 at a guess.

par (2).jpg

In the early 90's I used to drive XHD 894 R 4 cyl 4 SPD flat bed D series weighing in 3-4 cars daily for scrappy I worked at & a P reg suspended tow (hand cranked) ex tractor unit 4cyl 4spd regularly fetching cars in had main airline from compressor go twice once with a hi-ace pickup on the back it had a ratcheting handbrake ( mechanical) was a brown overall moment stopping it that day!

Last time I saw XHD (92-3) it was being used by a local carlot & had been fitted with a beaver tail (two runner rather than full width type).

22 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

410904f88005efc9ea5fdff698abacb1.jpg

661236b80d629362ef3e533278043be1.jpg
Next is this Dinky Ford D-Series, which is somebody's Code 3 that I picked up in a charity shop some years back. 

The Dinky D800 is a superb model. I have the road sweeper version (from new); it weighs a ton.

That tipper also came in kit form, so your code 3 may not actually have had factory paint at all.

Here’s a raw kit on eBay — paint not included:670FDF24-6D0F-429D-882E-56B5ED739AF9.thumb.jpeg.09dd0fbb5208d205459e6b25bfb521e3.jpeg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143317849762

That tipper also came in kit form, so your code 3 may not actually have had factory paint at all.

Ah, that makes sense. I had no idea.

Where paint is dropping off, there's no evidence of previous colour. It's only the considerable overpaint on the chassis that pointed to it being a DIY effort.

Had this since I was a kid so most likely a good 30 years! Think I got it for Christmas paints seen better days and you could also get it as a police car and rally's car with the same registration.

Also have a Skoda 136 Matchbox car somewhere as well.

But I did just buy myself this today.

IMG_7033.JPG

IMG_7042.PNG

I'm sorry to say that I went shopping the other day and saw an offer of 5 x hotwheels for $10 (about a fiver) and managed to find 5 of those 850 touring cars, before deciding that there probably wouldn't be much demand for them here, now that they seem to be hitting uk shelves.

But in all honesty, spending 8 quid on something you really want is hardly going to see anyone out on the streets, so Merry Christmas sierraman! Sorry, I mean Twisterboy!

Have I seemingly found a goldmine of Volvo 850's, then?!

Sent from my SM-G398FN using Tapatalk

The reason I have never paid ebay prices for a desireable HotWheels is 3 fold.

1) Greedy collectors take 10 at a time or as many as they can get their dirty little hands on and then either sell them at a profit or use them in a trade which is heavily biased in their favour. You can spot them from a hundered miles away though so easily avoided.

2) They will become commonplace in a few months. 

3) I enjoy the chase and also happy that I paid the correct £1.50 or so for one.

Try The Entertainer,  that's where I got mine. They always have the latest cases, Tesco are slow and way behind. 

14 hours ago, Twisterboy said:

Had this since I was a kid so most likely a good 30 years! Think I got it for Christmas paints seen better days and you could also get it as a police car and rally's car with the same registration.

IMG_7033.JPG

I must lay my mitts on one of these, never seen one in the red, probably the most common real life colour. 

I've got these three20191226_135838.thumb.jpg.b79447aef6d8018f598f13207f9d583a.jpg

I just had a look on eBay,& there's quite a few more.A couple more rally cars,3 or 4 more Police cars including the plain white Graffic Traffic version,& the My 1st Matchbox version with blue tyres ?.There's also a plain yellow car which I'd never seen before.

45 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Also a Telecom one from the gift set. The other Rally one is based on the Astra 4S from Rallycross with the Sphere Drake tampo on 

The Rallycross car was the John Welch car,I used to see it a lot as they are based about a mile from where I live.

I had a look on German eBay,there's one in a BP box,& also a World Cup version.