Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Two more examples of my lack of willpower.. The Bedford is actually really quite nice which (to me at least for now) compensates for the DeSoto being a repaint. You know how it is though,it's the first reasonable example I'd seen and I knew I'd regret not picking it up. Shoddy hotel room backdrop doesn't help.. 

IMG_20191108_183312.jpg

IMG_20191108_183823.jpg

IMG_20191108_183341.jpg

11 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Two more examples of my lack of willpower.. The Bedford is actually really quite nice which (to me at least for now) compensates for the DeSoto being a repaint. You know how it is though,it's the first reasonable example I'd seen and I knew I'd regret not picking it up. Shoddy hotel room backdrop doesn't help.. 

IMG_20191108_183312.jpg

IMG_20191108_183823.jpg

IMG_20191108_183341.jpg

OMG Bedford OB with loading ramp!!

now that is a vehicle i really, REALLY need to add to the collected tat, why? well my dads parents had a bag of old toys we played with when visiting, and one of those was amongst them! no loading ramp with that one, WHICH caused much annoyances to me as a nipper, BUT the rest of the brilliant ness of the vehicle made up for it! another treat in the bag a old toys was a Corgi Bedford TK with the low loader thing with the removable back axle, another i wish to own at some point! - as i go an put ebay on to see whats around.....

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found this in Poundland yesterday, too:

20191109_100645.thumb.jpg.68f4cb397ccf1bf39af95d9c98f1ea54.jpg

2017 release; haven't yet opened it.

I had another of these in a lighter silver a few years back in a short card pack; I didn't open it either before selling it on, and then was annoyed with myself.

I'm probably going to annoy myself again with this one.

spotted this on the bay of fleas....

how fuppin' ACE is it!

now, just for good measure its in Aberdeen, of all places! yes i know, it might as well be friggin' MARS,

i mean, aberdeen, 

FFS....... still i'd love to give this a home!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-ESSO-Addington-Service-Station-Wooden-Toy-Garage-Petrol-Pump-Gas-Retro/233390812745?hash=item36572d2e49:g:kd0AAOSwEGBdI3Cw

2 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found this in Poundland yesterday, too:

20191109_100645.thumb.jpg.68f4cb397ccf1bf39af95d9c98f1ea54.jpg

2017 release; haven't yet opened it.

I had another of these in a lighter silver a few years back in a short card pack; I didn't open it either before selling it on, and then was annoyed with myself.

I'm probably going to annoy myself again with this one.

The earlier versions are better,because the rear hatch opened up.

Sealed on this one.

Qia1jAJ.jpg

On the subject of Hot Wheels, I absolutely loved this Construction Site playset that I got in the early-mid 80s. I spent hours playing with it. I especially liked all the details like the site foreman's office (top right) the on site quarry and mine and works repair bays. Not my actual set by the way, mine presumably got passed on to another budding construction site owner.

5 minutes ago, warch said:

Qia1jAJ.jpg

On the subject of Hot Wheels, I absolutely loved this Construction Site playset that I got in the early-mid 80s. I spent hours playing with it. I especially liked all the details like the site foreman's office (top right) the on site quarry and mine and works repair bays. Not my actual set by the way, mine presumably got passed on to another budding construction site owner.

Ahhh, I had that one too! Yep, absolutely loved it - talk about play value...

Don't know where mine went either, though I still have some clip-together orange plastic girders and cement sacks. Brilliant toy!

23 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

The earlier versions are better,because the rear hatch opened up.

Sealed on this one.

Didn't even know the earlier versions opened - to reveal the PSA V6? Nice.

This one doesn't have a grille either, just a flat body-coloured panel between the headlights - dunno if a deliberate decision by HW, or a factory error?

10 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Didn't even know the earlier versions opened - to reveal the PSA V6? Nice.

This one doesn't have a grille either, just a flat body-coloured panel between the headlights - dunno if a deliberate decision by HW, or a factory error?

No engine revealed,I'll take a pic of one of mine.

No grille on your one Mr Cog,they're all like that sir.

Well, after a bit of a drought, local Morrison's are slowly returning to Hot Wheels. No more rummage bins in the toy section, probably because of the theiving that was going on out of it.!

At the moment, they're just hanging them on clipstrips at random points in the store, so you have to look for them. Scored the Alpine the other day and found these this morning, in amongst the usual fantasy and supercar stuff.

IMG_20191109_085347.thumb.jpg.a12206151d7606eb4139aa43a2ac2876.jpg

I like an old gasser, and this updating of the old Nova wagon is pretty well done. I like the way the exhaust headers come down from the engine, and exit behind the front wheels.

IMG_20191109_085221.thumb.jpg.8289381427e4e8ff72a32eca3d7b6226.jpg

Not really AS material, (maybe the low cost/high liability thread in a few years...), but it's a nice casting, this one. Nice tampo printing on the front and rear.

A couple more off the want list then. Still hunting for the Jag XE, and the purple 911. And now the new case is out, I'm now on the hunt for the lovely new Porsche 944, oh and that Volvo!

I have the 'hover mode' one.

That construction set looks ace, very interesting.

I had a Matchbox garage in the late 80s/early 90s which had a probe that when pressed, made one of about 8 different pre-selected car noises. There was a sliding marker on the front to show which sound you had chosen. My brother covered over the decals with white address labels to make it into a Star Wars base when it became his but it still survives in my parent's loft.

41 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I have the 'hover mode' one.

That construction set looks ace, very interesting.

I had a Matchbox garage in the late 80s/early 90s which had a probe that when pressed, made one of about 8 different pre-selected car noises. There was a sliding marker on the front to show which sound you had chosen. My brother covered over the decals with white address labels to make it into a Star Wars base when it became his but it still survives in my parent's loft.

Think I know the one, was it Intercom city? Matchbox also did a construction site in the early 90’s, had a Ford Thunderbird as the Site Managers Car. Came with various hoppers and girders to build a site. Hours of fun in the pre digital age! ?

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Think I know the one, was it Intercom city? Matchbox also did a construction site in the early 90’s, had a Ford Thunderbird as the Site Managers Car. Came with various hoppers and girders to build a site. Hours of fun in the pre digital age! ?

Not sure but I'll do some Google Fu to find one!

Been into about 5 or 6 shops today to look for HW and 'those' Matchbox. Nowt, but Morrison's had a load of standard Majorettes. Resisted a Trafic van.

Tesco still have a few Rancheros, 2 Thunderbirds and some 181s. 

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Matchbox also did a construction site in the early 90’s, had a Ford Thunderbird as the Site Managers Car. Came with various hoppers and girders to build a site. Hours of fun in the pre digital age! ?

We picked up something like that cheap at a boot sale some years ago for my son. Most of it is still around.

image.thumb.png.908467fe16b45733dc3421af9161135d.png

He had another one called Rescue Roadway.

Oh my! Just been to the out of town B&M, to buy ceiling paint.  The Hot Wheels rack was positively groaning with current-case stuff. Audi RS6 & RS5, purple Porsche 911, blue Porsche 964, Jag XE, all the stuff I've been looking for. I shall return tomorrow, erm, when the wife's at work... A couple of Renault Alpines as well by the look of it.