Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I had that Bachelors Transit in my Transit collection as a youth, as well as a a double decker bus so, er, bedecked. Bought merely for the whimsy of it being mint and boxed and, yes, 50p!

s-l500.jpg

I think we can all say that Corgi did a good job with their Mk3 Transit rendition - but what the hell is this bus abomination?! I refer mostly to the jail window-type doors, which are fully painted for extra low ebb points. I'm not sure if this was even a rehash of an earlier, higher quality casting, or whether it was an attempt to cash in on Matchbox's multi purpose promotional double decker, as covered by DC Micro-Shite Word Enterprises.

I've actually nicked the above photo from an Ebay listing, where quite unbelievably, someone is trying to palm this atrocity off for a groat short of EIGHT QUID. Imagine all the tut you could get for that from a Friday market stall!

It's modelled on the same bus as the Matchbox version, a London DM/DMS class Daimler Fleetline however the casting is purely Corgi.

The Corgi issue is based on the first batch of DMs with the headlights closer together. Strangely though although the Superfast version replicates later versions, the Superkings rendition shows the earlier lamp arrangement.

The Corgi casting is awful and what you see there is what it was like right off the bat. I had one for a while complete with printed people in the opaque windows and comedy donk wheels. There isnt even a rear engine bustle, just a plain window.

The Matchbox version is much nicer, with full interior and more acccurate proportions. However the Superkings release is even worse then the Corgi one, with comically thick pillars and an engine bustle that just has 2d flat panels either side rather than the correct moulded panels like the real bus.

16 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

It's mainly mid 60's to 80's caravans I'm interested in esp statics very few seem to have been made.

It's a good job you didn't find any as pat must be struggling with the wrecker the lack of tyres must be slowing the tow job.?

No bother, thought they might be a bit recent for you. Will keep looking though! Don't believe I've ever seen a model static caravan, other than maybe 00 scale ones for model railway layouts - are there any manufacturers who did produce statics?

Hopefully the Holmes Wrecker and 100E will be with you tomorrow - they were posted on Wednesday so Pat's certainly been taking it easy on this one!

On 6/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, TheDoctor said:

We were in Herne Bay today and there were some little market stalls on the seafront. Found a one with model cars, and of course had to raid the 50p tray, as well as a few other larger scale ones for my son

Did you also spot RAM toys on the High Street?

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/category/Collectibles-Store/RAM-Collectible-Toys-149119495255215/

It’s good news as there’s some great new castings coming out, especially the W124 Estate or the Subaru SVX. 

In other news managed to pick up a Matchbox Ford D Series Money Box for a paltry quid. A bit tatty and it needs a damn good clean but the kids will like it. Also managed to score a Husky Jaguar Mk10 Fire car as well for 50p. Compared to the equivalent era Matchboxes they don’t seem to be very valuable at all unless it’s something rare like the VW mobile platform. All the same they’re nice models. 

Got these from Marketplace today for a fiver each. The seller lived in the next estate to me and was on my way home from the train station.

The Mustang concept car is missing a wheel whuch I knew about but isnt an issue as you can see.

Decent guy, think he just wanted them to go to a good home.

On that last but one point, I was reminded why I absolutely refuse to deal any further with anybody who 'deals' in model cars. I asked about a set of wheels for the Mustang and was told £19 posted. It can stay as it is.

20190625_191125.jpg

20190625_191223.jpg

20190625_191254.jpg

I wouldn't touch those now as I detest modern models of old cars. I got shot of most of mine, only a Peugeot 504 and Opel Commodore remain.

I'd much rather have something that was released at the same time as the real car, which makes the Z3 quite appealing. It's in my 97/8 Bburago catalogue (I think you gave me those)

I saw a Bburago Mk1 Capri a while ago, it looked completely wrong. I had a massive 1/18 scale collection at one point, some really good stuff but it was stored at my parents house in their loft. The house was sold so I ended up with all these models sat where my tools ought to be in the man cave. Couldn’t display them in the house as the kids would have broken them in about 10 minutes and they’d get dusty as hell so I flogged the lot through Ebay

That said my eldest who is 6, has a Bburago Mercedes 300SL Gullwing, she describes it as the best car in the world because of the doors. Thinking on I did keep a Solido 2CV and a DS and a 1/18 Polistil 911SC because I couldn’t part with them. Perhaps one day I’ll have some space to display them. Since then I’ve decided to concentrate on the Matchbox and Corgi stuff. 

6 hours ago, sierraman said:

I had a massive 1/18 scale collection at one point, some really good stuff.......... I flogged the lot through Ebay

I have something in the ballpark of a hundred in the loft; mostly Bburago and Maisto but quite a few Revell, AutoART, ERTL and sundry others . Nowhere to display them, and they'll probably disintegrate while getting shat on by bats.

I ought really do something about that.

^^^ Top detective work!

Interesting that the pedal car in the '78 Argos catalogue is registered 'WAM123S', while Bunglebus' example was 'WAM123V' - Sharna must have updated the decals each year to reflect the latest registration suffix, which is a pretty nifty touch that my junior inner pedant would have appreciated.

£16.95 in 1978 works out as just shy of £96 in today's money, so a pricey enough toy.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

I had a Range-Rover styled pedal car fitted with AA decals and an amber flashing light... can't find any pics online, so I must look out some pics of it, too. Not sure who made it.

18 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I've got one of those Chinese "Bedford CF" vans - getting a custom makeover though

That's looking pretty awesome! If you want any more not-quite Bedford vans for further customisation, please just holler... ?

Oh, and most regrettably I won't be in Belfast tomorrow - so you may all staunch your tears, as there will be no Friday Market Tat Round-up this week, I'm afraid...

Sedness.jpg.2ba53f19783203f3613b6425c9f4d5cc.jpg