Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

So, Friday market tat, hey?

Sadly, NOTHING NEW on the diecast front today. In fact, hardly any diecast at all. The two tubs of 50p cars were there (and I scooped a selection of tatty '70s Matchbox oddities for Vulgalour -  it's up to him whether he wishes to keep it all a surprise until the parcel arrives?), and there were the remaining Corgi Classics, Days Gone. and some Britains tanks. I couldn't even see the Reserve Collection boxes today.

However, if you like odd plastic and tinplate tat, do read on...

20190426_090638.jpg

The crane truck here is an all-plastic job, apparently complete and stamped 'Tudor Rose - Made in England' on the base. New one on me. The others here are just Lledo Days Gone.

20190426_090653.jpg

A very luridly '70s plastic refrigeration truck by Lucky Toys of Hong Kong; non prototypical, but crisply moulded and also complete.

The stylised red Chevrolet Camaro behind is by Tonka. Both the other tinplates, the car and the plane, were unbranded and probably date from '50s/'60s. The police car is missing its back axle, and is pretty playworn.

20190426_090700.jpg

This Mercedes L-series truck (with a very short wheelbase) is also a plastic item from Hong Kong, though with no other maker details visible. It's missing a rear wheel.

20190426_090731.jpg

A large, boxed, battery operated plastic racing car from Hong Kong (didn't get the maker) was also on the stall - sort of F1 based, but with an interesting degree of artistic licence (like the closed-in cockpit).

20190426_090726.jpg

Also there was this East German Meccano knock-off, Constructo - anyone remember this at all?

20190426_090715.jpg

Finally, these '80s-ish 'collectables' are still on offer at a fiver a pop.

The red Ford Expedition did fire my interest up for two or three seconds, but I think I've come to recognise that feeling as 'recognising the least unappealing thing on the stall', and it's not the same as actively desiring something.

(This is how I managed to wind up with so many bloody Five Star and Pointer Sisters LPs - compared to Max Bygraves and Mantovani's World of 1000 Strings, they were certainly the best records in that particular charity shop... just not worth listening to when I got them home, though.)

So! Not much that takes my interest today, but if anything here takes your fancy I'll skip over and have a chat with Market Blokey…

Maybe next week will prove more exciting.

I’ve yet to actually see a Tyre Fryer.

And sadly, you won't be seeing one today either - that one had apparently vanished from the box already whenever I swung by, despite a moderately thorough rummage... daaaah.

Although these aren't quite my bag, the Ford branding on the engine rocker covers does intrigue me - I don't think any other Superfast fantasy vehicle carried a real manufacturer's logo.

post-17915-0-84792800-1556278993_thumb.jpg

Twin fuel tanks acting as doors... 'elf 'n' safety nightmare, innit m8.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:40 PM, TheDoctor said:

I had that exact 'Meccano' set!

Brings back memories....

Heh, fantastic... in fairness, despite its Eastern European origins it looks like the kind of thing that would have given me hours of fun too. Sadly, I believe no guarantees can be given regarding the completeness of the contents - though the box appears reasonably full.

I had a more simplistic Corgi-branded plastic construction kit, if memory serves, that involved configuring a light commercial in a number of different ways. All good stuff... just wish real cars were as straightforward!

For sale two Norev Peugeot 404's.

Light blue: no sunroof, crack in front of roof, base is loose (but could be glued on) hence rivets heads are not in place

Turquoise: no sunroof, lot's of silver paint.

Both have chips to front number plate.

Early 60's models probably.

£10 the pair posted.

post-20084-0-20002200-1556286330_thumb.jpg
post-20084-0-46446100-1556286341_thumb.jpg
post-20084-0-35701400-1556286350_thumb.jpg

Great write-up on the Corgi R11.

I got hold of the blue version at a reasonable price a while back:

30074190265_621e82a4a2_b.jpg

Corgi Ford Sierra and Renault 11 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I think the white painted front plate was done by a previous owner, but what is curious is that mine does have a diamond in the grille. It's not just painted, there is a definite moulded-in shape.

I didn't have the wheels set in the right place when I took my photo, which spoils the look of it slightly, but overall I like the appearance and feel of it which I think neatly captures the real thing and reminds me of the day I assisted in an AS collection mission of the past:

4048645355_5140c3b1be_o.jpg

1983 Renault 11 3dr + 1984/85 Honda Accord 1.8 3dr by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

My kids have one of the archetypal yellow Tonka trucks. I know this as it’s perpetually on the landing ready for me to break my neck on during the night when I get up for a slash.

I remember having one myself and it being rusty as fuck after many trips to Mablethorpe. I can remember my dad trying to treat it with some Fernox.

Remember those Airfix kits Aldi had a few months back? As I hadn't built a plastic kit for a while for the sake of £3.99 I invested in a Jeep to practice on. I'm no fan of olive drab so I ignored the suggested colour scheme to make a bright civilian one. Behold 'Jeep Purple'.

40745324273_86234a84d9_c.jpg

Jeep Purple by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

40745324523_f81122b478_c.jpg

Cheap Jeep by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Quite a fiddly little kit with some small details that needed careful preparation but it looks great and compares well with the ready-made Cararama diecast.

40745324613_384b17e560_c.jpg

Jeep comparison by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

noooooooooo that fiesta was a limited edition, my mate has the 12inch to the foot version... i would have given 20 quid for that, hardly any on ebay

Even more limited now then !!

No problem   :-D I've  got  2 more ,you can have one for £20 posted if they're so desirable .  

I sent Steve ( with the 12" to the foot one ) all the period press cuttings from Motoring News ... or did he sell it ?

post-17940-0-66697400-1556395519_thumb.jpg

Been working on some offroad projects today.  Interestingly, the roof on the Land Rover is slightly concave so happily I didn't have to spend quite as long filing it smooth as I might and can use filler instead.  I don't have (or like) the luggage that normally goes on top and this one has the tow hook broken off, so it made sense to smooth it out a bit.  The Field Car had a stoved in roof and was missing the spare tyre, so I decided since I've got loads of the things that it would be fun to chop the roof off and file away the spare wheel carrier.  It was not fun, I managed to slip and slice into my finger with the saw and that spare tyre holder is taking ages to remove.

post-5335-0-84957500-1556483091_thumb.jpg

Need to do some more cleaning on the interior of the mobile canteen.  It's remarkable to me that they went to such great lengths on the interior of this model because when it's put together you can't really see any of it that well.  I'll be keeping the interior white with metal detailing to maximise the light bouncing around inside and hopefully make those details a bit easier to see.

post-5335-0-56799200-1556483232_thumb.jpg

These three got their base colours down.  I'm really happy with the colours on the DAF, that will be getting a white grille, as per just about every photo of the real thing I've seen.  I don't have the top for the tipper back on the DAF and I'm in two minds about ordering one and painting it to match.  The Commer I decided to go with a base of bright orange and it will get some other colours and details to make it look more right.  I got to the point with the Commer where I could either be satisfied with the filler work, or start again from scratch, so the orange helps hide the bits I'm less happy about.  The Ferrari I'm really glad I switched to yellow for, especially with the white base, once it has the black detailing on it should look pretty smart.

post-5335-0-79281300-1556483303_thumb.jpg

I've got a MYSTERY BOX arriving from Datsuncog and I recently acquired a badly described joblot on eBay that appears to have a Scammel Scarab in which, for the price, I'm quite excited about.  For some reason, the Scarab models are both difficult to find and expensive for what they are.