Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Golden age of Jap tinplate, that Volkswagen...Very very nice.  My first real steer was a '64 Beetle that colour - I would have been all over that if I'd seen it!

I'm actually looking for the Bandai large bump n go version,with the light up removable engine and working lights in white if possible.

I had a used one as a kid,but it got wrecked.

So when I spotted this smaller version it was like a tramp on a bag of discarded chips!

Paid €10.00 for it,dunno if that was a good price?

I also like tinplate toys but have rarely owned any for long.  My trouble was that I was given them when my desire to understand* how they worked was their downfall.  I do recall having a jelly mould type police car with friction drive and a piercingly loud siren.  I was about 8 years old.  That was soon relegated to the shed by my mum.  It rusted away.  Next was a Bristol Belvedere helicopter which survived about a year before being irrevocably dismantled in my quest for knowledge.  A bit later, my Dad returned from 12 months in RAF Gan laden with gifts to compensate for his lengthy disappearance.  I was given a microscope which I kept and used until I was about 18.  My brother had a beautiful 4 engined prop liner which went through an automated cycle of door closing, passengers appearing at the windows, engines starting, taxiing for a couple of circuits (circular), then doing the reverse sequence ending with the door opening.  The snag: It took 4 U2 batteries which lasted for 5 cycles.  It was so expensive to run that it eventually ended up in the loft before my brother gave me permission to dismantle it a year or two later, a decision aided by the mess made by leaking batteries.  Nowadays I often find myself looking for too long at those tinplate lashups often seen in posh garden centres.   

Picked this up last Sunday at a autojumble.

Made by Taiyo in Japan,it's a 1960's tin plate motorised Volkswagen.

Of course it didnt work,but some tinkering and a replacement motor got it to move.

Gave it a good clean,lube and polish and it trundles around the table quite happily.

It has a clever mechanism underneath that stops it going over the edge.

I won't paint it as I quite like it as it is.

20190326_163424.jpg

20190326_163445.jpg

"Fill her up please smoll Eddy"

"You taking the piss M8"

:mrgreen:

That is excellent, I do love that

Acting like I have come into money I have acquired some toys off Ebay I trashed as a boy. I know veterans are not worth much but I thought the Corgi Renault was good value at £5 (plus p&p) as it came with a box.

The Rover's golden jacks suspension is broken - so that will challenge my limited skills..

post-17609-0-26742500-1553633011_thumb.jpg

Nice haul that, I got the Simon Snorkel for Christmas when I was six although the box is sadly gone, the model itself is nearly mint still (I didn't have many fires in my bedroom...)     

Spot On Pagoda.....very nice!    

There is something about those Corgi Classics that I like despite also not being a V&V fan normally.   Fiver in a box is cracking value....

I am back ish lol, bought a Vanguards mk` Granada shape Consul in yellow for £15 shipped, and got a Vanguards minellium shape Ashtray with a rough box for just £8 shipped. Photos later on as I have code 3 plans brewing

Getting there.. These things always take longer than you think. (Esp. when you're a lazy bastard)

attachicon.gifIMG_20190325_185940.jpg

Nice work, chap - never thought that one could look halfways decent again, going by the 'as-found' state of it!

I am back ish lol, bought a Vanguards mk` Granada shape Consul in yellow for £15 shipped, and got a Vanguards minellium shape Ashtray with a rough box for just £8 shipped. Photos later on as I have code 3 plans brewing

Good to have you back dude - and glad there's a few diecast on their way to amuse and distract.

That Consul is a nice one, in particular - look forward to any pics.

Colour printers are dirt cheap these days, and I use Inkscape now as Coreldraw wouldn't run on this computer, and Inkscape is free, you have to be careful though as it doesn't default to A4 size, once you sort it, you can get an absolute boatload of regs on a sheet, I always do 3sets of each plate, to cover in case of slip ups. I am going to have a word wit the local art shop to see if they can source glossy A4 self adhesive, I ussed to be able to get it from Tesco many moons ago. Waiting for my cheap Astra to arrive

Colour printers are dirt cheap these days, and I use Inkscape now as Coreldraw wouldn't run on this computer, and Inkscape is free, you have to be careful though as it doesn't default to A4 size, once you sort it, you can get an absolute boatload of regs on a sheet, I always do 3sets of each plate, to cover in case of slip ups. I am going to have a word wit the local art shop to see if they can source glossy A4 self adhesive, I ussed to be able to get it from Tesco many moons ago. Waiting for my cheap Astra to arrive

With my steady* hands, I would end up with plates on the windscreen.

For some reason miniature vehicles keep making their way into my home. I believe that they want to live with me, well that's what I tell myself. Thus behold some of my latest acquisitions although not all of them as I like them posh handbuilt ones but I'm not sure of there is a liking for them here? Plus can anyone guess what the veehickles are sitting on? I should probably ban mercrocker and JM from answering that  8) . And don't say a bed and/or shelf!

A mix of Corgi, Dinky, Spot-On and a CA camper from a partwork series in that there France.

post-20719-0-82422800-1553791414_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-87972000-1553791436_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-09184600-1553791459_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-04547800-1553791504_thumb.jpg

This is of course the famous Corgi Ecurie Ecosse transporter, guy said it was a wreck so he restored it as a Code 3 Vanwall transporter and did three cars to match it.

post-20719-0-39365000-1553791529_thumb.jpg

Same guy did these BRMs, he also restores a fair few Spot-Ons and doesn't charge the earth for them. Nice chap too.

post-20719-0-41198700-1553791558_thumb.jpg

Some Bedford-ness just for Eddie, I've had these a while. Oh and a Standard lurking on the end.

post-20719-0-01773900-1553791584_thumb.jpg

Good morning campers!

post-20719-0-51844000-1553791608_thumb.jpg

Campers and some other stuff.

post-20719-0-50796200-1553791635_thumb.jpg

Received this from our cms206 at Scotoshite last night.

I LOVE old 1/24 scale Bburagos as I alwys wanted more of them as a kid in the early.1980s but they were strictly in birthday and Christmas present territory.

It will go well with my 75 and Guilietta from the same era.

post-3238-0-90221500-1553815543_thumb.jpg

What day is it?

Friday Rebecca Black.png

That's right, diecast and plastic tat pickers, it is.

And what does that mean?

cat sign diecast.png

You know what? It does.

BANG. Here yis go:

20190329_083145.jpg

^^ Atlas Dinkys - fiver a pop.

I couldn't help myself, and bagsied the BMW 1500 and Fiat 1800 Familiale…

20190329_083157.jpg

^^ Assorted tinplates - also £5 each.

20190329_083207.jpg

^^ Various Corgi & Dinky etc - £5 each; Lesney (including garage) £2 each

20190329_084530.jpg

^^ More spendy boxed stuff - £20 - £30ish

20190329_084901.jpg

20190329_084910.jpg

^^ Behind the stall 'reserve collection' boxes - seems to range from £2 - £5 depending on levels of grump. TBH there's not much in there of worth now; most of the contents are missing bits or structurally damaged (or both). I've a feeling many of these will end up in the 50p box before too long.

Tatarama 50p boxes, then:

20190329_083615.jpg

20190329_083633.jpg

Some new stuff in there - a few battered 80s/90s Majorettes, some Corgi Juniors and Matchbox (with the glazing smashed out, which disproportionately annoys me), various bits of 70s/80s/90s Britains farm models (mostly smashed into pieces) and this damaged and incompete plastic Triang Austin Healey:

20190329_083929.jpg

20190329_083920.jpg

I nearly bought this, I had it in my hand... but I don't even know if one of you chaps would want to take it on - I doubt all the missing bits are as findable as Dinky and Lesney white metal components from Steve Flowers. But if anyone really, really wants it I'll nip back over.

Some more 50p box oddities:

20190329_083621.jpg

^^^ Absolute no-name Peugeot 205 Turbo - abysmal casting, not even 'Made in China' on the smooth plastic base, yet somehow rather charming in its naivety…

20190329_083628.jpg

Some weird fantasy vehicle; baseplate says it's made by Kenner-Parker in 1980, so wondering if it's some sort of film/TV tie-in... anyone recognise it?

So there we have it; as ever, I can't guarantee satisfaction but if anything especially appeals here I can but take a wander over at 12 and see what's still there...

On 3/29/2019 at 10:46 AM, Amishtat said:

Nothing there for me this time thanks, how much was the Healey though? Just asking out of curiosity, you understand..

50p! You can see why I dithered... but I've accumulated quite a lot lately and I'm hesitant about taking more on without a clear exit strategy...