Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Despite it's shortcomings,Eddy was reasonably happy with his lot.

I mean,being a little metal petrol pump attendant isn't the most exciting of careers,and the tedium of his existence can become a little wearing at times.

Today was just one of those days,bored out of his tiny metal mind.

Through the delierium he thought he could hear the rumble of a fast approaching V8!!

A flash of red on the horizon,the rumble was getting louder!

He would have rubbed his eyes in disbelief,if his hand wasn't moulded to that damn pump nozzle!

A red '34 Ford 3 window coupe was coming his way.

post-5543-0-37607200-1550587119_thumb.jpg

He couldn't believe it,

Could the dream of every fuel pump attendant be coming true?

post-5543-0-09645000-1550587228_thumb.jpg

The gleaming* red Ford screeched to halt right in front of him.

Eddy by now was nearly having palpitations, the excitement was almost too much,he'd seen the music video of the Ford,the leggie lovelys,and the lucky pump attendant,was today really going to be his day??

The door opened and poor Eddys jaw dropped ,as two size 12 work boots clomped out onto the ground followed by a tall,scruffy,slightly unhinged looking chap,clad in denim.

"Fill 'er up please m8"

This was not the sort of fill 'er up Eddy had envisaged,

But still he duly obliged.

"Thanks m8" said the scruffy individual as he clambered back behind the wheel and fired up the engine.

Eddy looked wistfully on as the red Ford thundered down the road,

Thinking "if only"

post-5543-0-43733800-1550588196_thumb.jpg

As the car and sound disappeared,the silence once again enveloped Eddy.

Until a familiar drum beat started in is head,followed by a wailing guitar.

"Oh fuckit" thought Eddy,

"I'm going to have that fucking tune in my head now for the rest of the day"

The end.

Buying and posting up the XM reminded me I had bought a Jaguar S Type model when I got the real one 3 months ago, because the model was a white police car the plan was always to paint it black to represent the car I actually had and I had taken it apart and today I sprayed it using gloss black car paint. It is a poor job with bad orange peel and missed bits where I sprayed it with the doors open. Also in my haste I guess the paint was still soft when I reassembled it, I chipped the paint in a few places. Taking it apart I broke the windows where they clip in to lugs.

3/10 must do better.

My whole model collection is based on cars that I have had or have now and I am happy to vandalize any of my models to make them a truer representation of the car I had/have.

It has also remained me I have a German Mercedes Police car to convert to represent the 320 CDi I had last year, this time it needs to be very dark blue.

How should I paint it, what equipment do I need, should I strip it to paint? 

post-4787-0-98717600-1550591939_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-37293400-1550591966_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-07437700-1550591990_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-88509500-1550592100_thumb.jpg

Remember this? Lost the lights and spares so it was a ruined model.

IMG_20190211_205504.jpg

My son (7) decided to restore it and we've managed to bodge some Moskvich lights and grille on the front and some random orange plastic for the rears. He has gone a bit 'blue forum' by slamming it, but he'll grow out of that I'm sure. I did*

IMG_20190219_135251.jpg

IMG_20190219_135528.jpg

Just bumpers and no. plate to sort now...

Grand job!

As an aside, is that noisy Toyota Supra I sold you years back still ringing in your ears? :)

6C I was trying to echo your model-buying policy but I failed miserably, mainly due to the temptations on offer in this thread!

I was also not content with the Schabak 1/24 scale Audi Cabriolet that I already had for some years before winning the 1/1 scale version because I felt I 'needed' tue complimentary Siku item in a small scale!

I bought a 12 inch to the foot scale Audi Cab and then needed a model, mine is also Schabak but 1/43 the same as the rest of my collection. The model is even green same as the real one.

I have to be very serve with myself not just to buy models I like and then Quicksilver gave me a bag of play worn and I have never had so much fun lining them up on my desk! Trouble is 12 inch to the foot Commer vans are rare and valuable now!

post-4787-0-64262900-1550599112_thumb.jpg

How should I paint it, what equipment do I need, should I strip it to paint? 

I'm sure I read some pages back to use the over cleaner packs that come with oven cleaner and a plastic bag. You cover the model with the oven cleaner and then leave it in the plastic bag for a couple of days. I've never tried this myself so could someone please confirm this works before six-cylinder makes his Jag super realistic by dissolving it.