Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Are you in the toy trade?

This is not a public fair and in order to get a pass, you have to submit your company registration, or a letter from your employer.

Looks like I'll be relying on your annual updates. As a measure of how much I dislike the toy trade, I'd rather be in the 1/1 motor trade.

Just to give you an idea of the size of the fair, until now I only posted the stuff my agent was able to view on day 1.

Other agents are on site and feed further and in some cases more detailed information.

It is rumoured that one of them is having drinks in the save the fucking oceans section now, so we should get spy photos from there shortly.

Jayzuz, at this time of the day everyone on site is already plastered.

This is not a public fair and in order to get a pass, you have to submit your company registration, or a letter from your employer.

The only one around here who could possibly attend is Mr Lobster.

Their definition of "trade" is broad, I reckon the "agencies" category is the easiest for blagging entry.

There's still two days! Let's start a florist shop and go!

I really think Minichamps fucked up with the pricing of the Maxichamps range, they should have made them on a similar price point to Vanguards, they would have shifted loads more, over £40 for em, get a bloody grip!

Any news from Whitebox this year?

I share the odd photo I find from Facebook because not everyone is on there and many are hidden in specific groups you may not be in. I think this is generally appreciated, but if you are thinking 'please stop', I'm happy to!

This is a corker of a Norev swirler.

post-20084-0-73812000-1549050032_thumb.jpg

I really think Minichamps fucked up with the pricing of the Maxichamps range, they should have made them on a similar price point to Vanguards, they would have shifted loads more, over £40 for em, get a bloody grip!

I find them oddly soulless too, or is it just me?

If you compare them with some IXO stuff for a third of the dosh, IXO wins by a country mile.

The only one around here who could possibly attend is Mr Lobster.

We get sent an invite every year. Trouble is, as much as it might be interesting, it equally seems a bit hard work shlepping all the way there and back again when i reality most of it will arrive on emails this week anyway. That and its cold, expensive and i CBA.

Theres not a lot I've seen that really pushes my buttons though in terms of exciting new stuff to sell in large numbers. I mean theres a few that will sell but nothing that gets me that excited. That NZG transporter looks nice but will be an absolute fortune.

On a personal basis, theres a few that might make me twitch a bit and end up with one of - Solido R4 vans (either Renault Service or La Poste livery), Otto Saviem Renault Service car transporter, plus theres some nice new 1:76 scale Oxfords due later this year (including an R4 - full list here), still wanting Otto to do a Mk1 Twingo though. Hopefully 2019 is the year..

Any news from Whitebox this year?

And they would be were it not for the UK importer and their insatiable greed. See also Solido.

I share the odd photo I find from Facebook because not everyone is on there and many are hidden in specific groups you may not be in. I think this is generally appreciated, but if you are thinking 'please stop', I'm happy to!

This is a corker of a Norev swirler.

attachicon.gif51344571_10215605206916225_8060779236559945728_n.jpg

It was part of the "Stock Car" gift set.

ob_c924d3_ob-81d7b7-coffret-stock-car-no

Is it me or have Matchbox wound up selling in the U.K. They’ve gone from Poundland, not seen any in Asda for a while either. Probably quietly discontinued to be replaced by the awful shouty yank crap Hot Wheels.

Now, first of all, I love my Hotwheels. There. I said it.

Matchboxs not being available for purchase is lamented all over, including EU-topia, Trumpreich, Scandinazi and the Subincontinents. Even Erdoganistan, and I know this from reliable sources, since I'm well connected. Nobody knows what's going on. It's a bit like Heller. It exists. But can you buy their wares anywhere?

To put this into perspective, they are banging on about ooooh, no market, we are going bust, them y00fz aren't interested, jada, jada, rhubarb.

I call fucking bollox.

They, and their sales channels, have been taken over by those University degree dimwits who would even fail if you'd task them with straightening bananas. Hell, I've seen those losers requiring assistance from their subordinates if they want to make a fucking phone call. A fucking phonecall, ffs! They can't do it.

I don't even want to know what their arses look like, given the fact that they are too fucking inept to wipe them after a shit. I seriously wonder how they find the door in the morning. I guess they have assistants for that.

I bet you anything that Mr Lobster can fill you in about those good for nothing distributors, I bet, betten't I?