Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Motor Max in America do the 1980s Dodge Diplomat in an assortment of police liveries, in both 1/43 and 1/24.  Whenever I see one on ebay I chase it, but it's hardly a full-time job, they barely exist over here.  One version is a blank car, black with a white roof and four white doors.  The photos I've seen suggest this is only available at 1/24.  I had a 1983 Plymouth Gran Fury, essentially the same car, and that was the livery it came in!  So if anyone finds their path crossed by one of these, do please let me know!

post-4559-0-44448400-1547284062_thumb.jpg

Found a white hatchback Vectra that will become a Cavalier :)

s-l500.jpg

I also found a white one, mine from Bulgaria had reduced the price to £4 as one of the tailgate hinges is broken. I still had to pay £4.99 postage but I confirmed I wanted it on the 7th Jan and it arrived in todays post.

post-4787-0-01100800-1547318942_thumb.jpg

There's no shortage of diecast restoration videos on YouTube, often made by Americans and all much the same. Newcomer SidewaysKing75 is not only a Brit but also has a different take on improving and detailing the original models. I was seriously impressed by what he made from this simple little Matchbox 205.

Can't figure out how to embed a video so here's the link instead.

There's no shortage of diecast restoration videos on YouTube, often made by Americans and all much the same. Newcomer SidewaysKing75 is not only a Brit but also has a different take on improving and detailing the original models. I was seriously impressed by what he made from this simple little Matchbox 205.

Thanks for the link. Nice work.  If only I had steady hands!  

I was going to mention Sideways king, his 205T16 restomod is brilliant. Marty down under's channel has more or less exploded in popularity, especailly as TimeRider keeps plugging him lots. Loving their videos, and TimeRider worked in a police vehicle workshop, and just retiredm so no doubt lots more content is on the way from him, he likes to restomod too, often doing odd colour variations. 

That white cavalier looks like it’s had a cut and shut. It reminds me of being at school, my mate Mike had a majorette Saab that had suffered fatigue on the door frames and the sills so it was coming apart. Duplicitous little bastards that we were we glued it back together with some Araldite out of his dads garage, painted it black and sold it another kid in our class whose name escapes me now for 50p. Laughing all the way to the Spar shop that we’d done a cut and shut to spend the 50p on 2 Chomps and a bag of beef space raiders. Jumpers for goalposts. As you were...

What a great video, thanks for posting the link

finally got the decals put on the Bedford TK, which is now back in its place on the shelf

post-18270-0-53889300-1547384694_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-59752000-1547384733_thumb.jpg

and the next project has been procured, thanks to Mr frogchod of this parrish

post-18270-0-80973900-1547384799_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-62010800-1547384859_thumb.jpg

it came via post from within the UK for a couple of quid, whereas from la belle france it would have cost a whole 13 french currency units!!

so i have made a donation (of a couple of quid) to the chap collecting for SARA yesterday in town, as Mr Frogchod didn't want any moneis sending across for either the wagon, or its post.

SARA is a local charity that rehomes animals.

so what will become of it? well i am thinking alot will depend on what trailler can be bought for it. if i get another carrimore car transporter trailer then maybe a yellow version wouild be nice to go with the one above. though i wouldn't say no to the carrimore low-loader, or for that matter the earlier tanker wagon, though if i got the tanker i would be wanting to paint it up as the "milk" version in light blue and white.

should that be "malk" in red and white? someone on here did that with a milk float, or correctly a malk float (malk, now with added vitamin R) i cannot remember whi that was, sadly. :-(

should that be "malk" in red and white? someone on here did that with a milk float, or correctly a malk float (malk, now with added vitamin R) i cannot remember whi that was, sadly. :-(

I believe it was Dr Conrad D. Conelrad. Certainly sounds like him, anyway. It was great.

I’ve got that blue TK tractor unit with the low loader and Priestman shovel. It’s playworn but not in terrible condition, like a lot of my stuff; I should get them all out and do some selective restoration work, one day.

finally got the decals put on the Bedford TK, which is now back in its place on the shelf

attachicon.gifDSCN8563.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8564.JPG

and the next project has been procured, thanks to Mr frogchod of this parrish

attachicon.gifDSCN8565.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8566.JPG

it came via post from within the UK for a couple of quid, whereas from la belle france it would have cost a whole 13 french currency units!!

so i have made a donation (of a couple of quid) to the chap collecting for SARA yesterday in town, as Mr Frogchod didn't want any moneis sending across for either the wagon, or its post.

SARA is a local charity that rehomes animals.

so what will become of it? well i am thinking alot will depend on what trailler can be bought for it. if i get another carrimore car transporter trailer then maybe a yellow version wouild be nice to go with the one above. though i wouldn't say no to the carrimore low-loader, or for that matter the earlier tanker wagon, though if i got the tanker i would be wanting to paint it up as the "milk" version in light blue and white.

I've got this if it's any use?

5oohPaf.jpg

pm incomming!

Steve flowers do list both parts of the back ramp for it, though seemingly they don't have the winch listed. but interestingly thr later versions didn't have that fitted anyway!

and yes, i certain i can do somerhing with it......

I think that version didn't have a winch as such, just Corgi Major tyres over the "capstan" on the gooseneck.....You could always do something a little left-field like painting the rig orange and putting Matchbox King Size "Laing" decals on it....