Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Those old Soviet diecasts are win, I only have a battered Samara that has zinc pest and a RAF Latvia minibus. That Volga is ace, and a great haul there Jon. Im pissed off that a model I ordered from an ebay UK seller hasnt turned up yet, should have arrived today, I now want a Gama mk3 Ashtray in base flavour, but they are stupid money on egay now. Not that long ago they were dirt cheap.

Random unexpected find in the hipster version of Home Bargains, the Danish jumble sale that calls itself Søstren Grene - a penny racer rendition of a Mk1 Toyota Yaris 5dr.

post-17915-0-03306800-1546718785_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-74225500-1546719032_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-13934400-1546719387_thumb.jpg

For £1.32, I couldn't help myself... same colour as MrsDC's first Yaris, too. Just a bit less truncated.

20190102_113712.jpg

Cleared through my 1/64 collection today and don't want these ones anymore. It's a mix of duplicates and stuff I don't really like.

£20 sound okay? Not sure about postage costs...

Includes Majorette CX, Audi 90, 924, 245, R5, 260Z.

Hot Wheels Chevy Citation X2, Dodge Aries etc

27 items in all. Mostly stuff with light to medium wear.

No interest at all? I'll take a tenner for them now, postage probably around £5...?

You know what Bramz, I reckon I'd take them all for a tenner, plus whatever they cost to post to me (obvs not £5...). I know I said no more 1/64s but never mind!

Have a couple of postage options (UK and NZ based), so colour me interested!

EDIT: Got any spare Russian 1/43s knocking about...?

Found a white hatchback Vectra that will become a Cavalier :)

s-l500.jpg

I have only ever found one 1/43 RHD Mk3 Vauxhall Cavalier and that is an SRi Saloon in red.

I sold Mk3 Caviliers new and the Vauxhall/Opel thing was blurred for me by the fact that from time to time factory fresh UK cavaliers would be sent to us with Opel badging!

I only had one company SRi and that was a H reg hatch in Bordeaux red met.

All this talk of Mk 3 Cavalier had me looking and I have found a face lift version as an Opel. I had a real facelift CDi hatch in Saturn red.

post-4787-0-53092500-1546725401_thumb.jpg

Wrong eBay UK seller then obvs ;)

In other miniature news, (and also Death On The High St news) today was the final day of trading for St Martins Models in that there London after 50 something years.

Sad times David. It was a model you didnt have, an old Corgi Ford Transit. Ho hum

I have only ever found one 1/43 RHD Mk3 Vauxhall Cavalier and that is an SRi Saloon in red.

I sold Mk3 Caviliers new and the Vauxhall/Opel thing was blurred for me by the fact that from time to time factory fresh UK cavaliers would be sent to us with Opel badging!

I only had one company SRi and that was a H reg hatch in Bordeaux red met.

All this talk of Mk 3 Cavalier had me looking and I have found a face lift version as an Opel. I had a real facelift CDi hatch in Saturn red.

My brother had a pre facelift SRi mk3 I’m sure the writing was lower on the door or am I misremembering?

if your ever selling the caravan can i have 1st dibs, would look great on my model railway based on the east lancs at bury, having a diorama of a classic car show and army vehicles... (mafeckin army show)

If I do,I'll let you know.

I've also discovered there's a Super Treasure Hunt version of the white Civic EF in this year's range.

Going to have to find one of those now :roll:3e48fae9490dd2bcbd396961f4983265.jpg

I picked up a Civic to go with my CRX, Jazz and Fairlady on the Jap Shelf. £1.75 from Morrisons.

post-1136-0-44671700-1546816231_thumb.jpg

I've been to one of theirs and it was ok. Lots of trains, but in car terms almost exclusively Dinky, Corgi and Matchbox. Nothing was cheap apart from playworn Matchbox for a pound or two. Mostly annoyingly, lots of reproductions not always clearly marked as such.  However, there are worse ways to pass an hour in Romford, worth going at least once ;-)

Fiat 1500.  Originally in the factory green-blue with a thick overpaint of similar green-blue and no roof accessory.  I didn't get a before picture proper, just this during shot after I'd filed off the roofrack casting and filled it all smooth, vastly improving the look of the thing.

attachicon.gif56-Fiat1500.jpg

Some detail work later and it's a smart little thing.  Left the hubs dull, it suits the car well enough I don't feel chroming them would improve it.

attachicon.gif56-Fiat1500_After.jpg

Worth a re-post...This great work was what prompted my purchase.

post-20084-0-05065400-1546868081_thumb.jpg