Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Some of the multi-opening Dinkys seem to have been production engineered by the same people that installed BMC heaters.....

The Beetle is probably a captive Spot On. 1/42 scale and its generally undinkyesque setup have long been subject for related debates.

It goes together quite nicely, but the engine lid and bootlid are held close by slightly being clasped by the body, which only really works when everything is painted, such precise are the casting tolerances. Hence the paint must be thoroughly hardened before one commences reassembly to avoid chipping in those areas.

I'm afraid this is my entire Budgie collection.

43926701244_1fdaaa085d_b.jpg

29707250567_291ba6e085_b.jpg

With the London souvenir set being part of my vast London souvenir set collection.

The M/B Taxi I found for cheap on a boot sale when that still was a thing.

Back then I actually only bought it because I like the box art so much, only to find out later that the Budgie FX4

is actually the best of the bunch.

That Daimler ambulance is brilliant!   The Budgie Renner came with a little hessian tilt but they have usually rotted away or been discarded by Yoof. 

Some of those Budgie commercials were a bit of an in-between scale but work quite well with Lesneys (and of course the compatible Budgie/Morestone miniatures).  

There are one or two I am still looking out for like the Esso aviation tanker but have picked these up in reasonable order....

post-5367-0-82381000-1536827386_thumb.jpg

Oddly enough, while engaging in my clearout earlier in the year a cursory check of Ebay indicated that my Budgie Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud was pretty much worthless, with plenty about and M/B examples changing hands for well under a tenner.

IMG-20180426-WA0073.jpeg

Think it went to artdjones for the princely sum of £1.

I also had a moderately playworn Leyland Hippo coal truck salvaged from a jumble sale, same as the below, but let that go a long time ago...

Budgie Toys Leyland Hippo Coal Truck.jpg

Good to see these are maybe getting a little love, finally - they've just as much charm as Dinky or Corgi offerings at the time, with pretty accurate castings.

Oddly enough, while engaging in my clearout earlier in the year a cursory check of Ebay indicated that my Budgie Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud was pretty much worthless, with plenty about and M/B examples changing hands for well under a tenner.

Rolls Royces never command much money in the secondhand market.

The most valuable* chod is always the low end everyday tat.

I wonder why. Working class pride?

I may have had another arrival in the form of an FSO Polonolonez MR87 in forgettable grey, which may have been in pieces shortly after postman Pat delivered it. Photos later on, as not snapped it with the decent camera, also a white Riva is now on the forecourt awaiting 'registration' 

attachicon.gifIMG-20180426-WA0073.jpeg

Think it went to artdjones for the princely sum of £1.

I also had a moderately playworn Leyland Hippo coal truck salvaged from a jumble sale, same as the below, but let that go a long time ago...

attachicon.gifBudgie Toys Leyland Hippo Coal Truck.jpg

Good to see these are maybe getting a little love, finally - they've just as much charm as Dinky or Corgi offerings at the time, with pretty accurate castings.

Can we talk about the R16?

Yeah, it seemed like the value of original French Dinky R16s took a bit of a dive once the Atlas reproductions hit the streets... typically, just as I decided to move mine on.

Having said that, it was a suspected repaint job anyway, so possibly not all that valuable. Some other 'mint' models I bought from the same dealer c.1993 turned out to be held together with Blu-Tac...

20180426_081221.jpg

20180530_002555.jpg

20180426_081243.jpg

Nice model all the same. Apologies for potatocam pics!

On 9/8/2018 at 7:44 AM, eddyramrod said:

Here's a "Want"

attachicon.gifDippy124.jpg

Motor Max Dodge Diplomat in 1/24 scale, ideally in this semi-blank livery.  It's also available in 1/43 which would be nice, but I've only seen that in NYPD blue.  Saying that: I've only seen it on ebay in blue, I've never seen it in the metal at all.

Can anyone help?

Eddy, just to update I had a good poke around my local model shop the other lunchtime and sadly found nowt to assist you in your search - I hadn't even realised how much they'd cut back on 1/24 (and 1/18) stuff.

They did have a few assorted Greenlight, Whitebox and Auto World US police cruisers in 1/43 scale, ranging from the 1950s to the 2000s, but sadly no early '80s Dodge Diplomat/ Plymouth Gran Fury.

I'd picked up a couple of Motor Max models in there years ago, so was hopeful they might be able to assist - but no dice.

The search continues - best of luck!

partwork CF and Sherpa campers at sensible money

+1 on those please, with the addition of Dodge Diplomat copcars by Motor Max.  However, you know my kind of prices; I baulk hard at what Felly considers reasonable!  I find it almost impossible to believe that any 1/43 model is "worth" more than a fiver!

So, I have broke my no more diecast rule... in my defence it was 14 Singapore dollars for a beer of 7 dollars for a Tomica (£4 each). So I bought two... crude really rather than crisp, but well proptioned nether the less. (The posh ones are 11 dollars).

post-3266-0-13763800-1536994728_thumb.jpegpost-3266-0-95770300-1536994760_thumb.jpegpost-3266-0-52857900-1536994784_thumb.jpeg

So what did I buy? Well it took this old bugger a while to get 6” off the floor for a rummage, but today’s panic selections - I’m here for a few days yet - below. (Bonus points for spotting Raffles in the background).

post-3266-0-13492400-1536995033_thumb.jpegpost-3266-0-80954500-1536995191_thumb.jpegpost-3266-0-11183900-1536995210_thumb.jpeg

Oddly both different scales, the Suzuki 660 Kei roadster is 1/56, the hideous looking type R is 1/64.

post-3266-0-82180500-1536995241_thumb.jpegpost-3266-0-70830600-1536995255_thumb.jpeg