Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

More shite has arrived, misery spec Pugrat 309 Style by Vanguards, a run of just 650, and the fecker was still a clearance model. Phot'd with my 309 Gti mk2 model. I think the rear lights on the Style look wrong, not wide enough

post-5211-0-96128700-1476109794_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-38324700-1476109789_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-28665900-1476109800_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-60951700-1476109806_thumb.jpg

Lobster, dear Lobster, are you getting the latest 1/24 scale Hachette Auto Vintage De Luxe Collection?

Oddly I was only looking at them on Saturday when I was in that France.

Answer - I would expect so yes. But, as with all the partwork stuff it could be a good long while away yet. We've three partwork series imminently arriving in the next week or so - Legends of F1, La Voiture de Mon Pere and Presidential Cars all in 1:43.

Some of the partworks can take a very long time before they resurface to the trade though. The Presidential Cars series were released in 2012 so whilst I'm hopeful we'll see them sooner rather than later, don't hold your breath...

Who in their right mind would want a model Crapqai?

You'd be surprised, we've sold loads! It's the relatively ordinary stuff that is usually popular.

Had 1:43 Jukes a year or two back and genuinely couldn't keep up with demand - as soon as another box arrived they sold out.

You'd be surprised. If you have a modern image model railway (especially if it's set in the north of England) you'll need hundreds of the bloody things to make your roads look realistic :)

You'd be surprised, we've sold loads! It's the relatively ordinary stuff that is usually popular.

Had 1:43 Jukes a year or two back and genuinely couldn't keep up with demand - as soon as another box arrived they sold out.

:shock:

FM if you are concerned about the proportions of the 309, the 5 door Profil model by Norev is much, much nicer, I have that. Pretty sure you could do a RHD conversion.

I used to have the Ixo/Altaya Arizona, looks a better casting, but now they aren't cheap anymore, otherwise I would have replaced it. Rough guess the Norev one is the same casting

I believe there's an Iveco beavertail available, I'm fairly sure there was a pic in this thread long ago.  I might be wrong...  Matchbox used to do a slideback Leyland Road Runner in their Superkings range, which was on a three-axle chassis.  I can't remember ever seeing, much less driving, a six-leg Runner!  They, or possibly Corgi, also did an early-80s Transit as a Luton or milk float, which ought to be easy enough to convert.

I recall that Siku did an Iveco cargo beaver tail but that's probs a bit big if you're after an LDV.

Only LDV400 model that exists is a van by Lion Toys in 1/43 scale.

Are you sure?  I have an ambulance on the same chassis, that seems to have been widely available, possibly even still is.

A 'fuckin hell he doesn't hang about' moment, this arrived at 1pm this aft via Herpes/egay, was the green Hachette Cars of the Century issue XJ12 Solido model, stripped down and resprayed silver and converted to RHD with the dash face browned to look like timber, and put back together at just after 4pm! Paint used was Poundland wheel silver :) Awaits the reg numbers adding to represent Arthur Daley's s2 XJ6 in Minder. Also miseried up the 309 Git and poshed up the Style.

post-5211-0-80718700-1476294578_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-00841400-1476294721_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-13613200-1476294717_thumb.jpg

I remember a while back seeing a VW LT(Sprinter shape)beavertail made by Cararama,but I never bought one & have regretted it ever since.

That was a slide/tilt bed as well, a friend overseas has one on his diorama, was well jealous of it, but am happy with my Iveco Daily by Mondo, which seems to be NLA, but the tipper still is. I suppose you could make one using the discounted Minichamps Transit dropside twin wheeler, and plasticard