Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Poundland in Stowmarket has bburago Street Fire 1/43 tackle in at £2! I got a Crocus estate in black and a Gaylander in bronze, also picked up an Oxford Firenza from the model shop there, my Viva has been upped :) , photos later

I bought two of those Gaylander 2s, it's the only model of a 2 I've ever seen, so I'm going to try and paint one blue to match MrsN's one.

I like Viva. Shouldn't it have five doors, alloy wheels, bluetooth and a £129 p/m PCP on it, though?

Anyway, sorry about this, I know it's still not A/S, but I've been laying on the kitchen floor dicking about with that remote control Maisto Porsche again.

post-4819-0-65517000-1474758427_thumb.jpg

post-4819-0-50097200-1474758452_thumb.jpg

Now I've got it out of my system I don't need to mention it again. Ta.

Not orl Vocksorl models R shit, one from Taff in 1/43. 

attachicon.gifOxford Firenza nsf.JPG

attachicon.gifOxford Firenza osr.JPG

Can anyone spot the massive* fault that meant I had some fella from the Vauxhall Viva OC ranting at me down the phone?   This massive fault meant that I should give him 50% off the price he had paid (and lets not forget he also had already got a 10% discount)

Said fella offered to get Vauxhall Heritage to confirm the massive* fault and that the model wasn't exactly like the real car so he would need to have a discount.  

His offer and any further discount were politely declined.

After spending more time than is normal , even for me, studying pictures of Vivas and Firenzas. I can confirm the badges are in the correct place the wipers park the right side , the mirrors look right etc . In fact, apart from a tiny bit of black paint between the headlights, I cant see anything wrong- but then I'm not in the Viva OC.

It's maybe not relevant here, but I've recently been getting back into lego. I have a mountain of the stuff from childhood, and my kids have a similar sized haul and thankfully enjoy it as much as I do

Anyway I've been disappointed with the americanisation of most of the city range, especially the trucks. In response I'm building a range of shit trucks, starting with this scania 113 (I've only done the cab so far)

5fb944d6ef6223caa6f3888612db2ec6.jpg

b36f2ba56a5b77359461295d000161ea.jpg

Can't claim full credit for the design as I'm ripping off some Russian dude's similar truck I seen on Google images.

Yes you can build bigger more realistic models from lego but I'm trying to stick to minifigure scale so it'll slot into the games the kids are playing

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Can anyone spot the massive* fault that meant I had some fella from the Vauxhall Viva OC ranting at me down the phone?   This massive fault meant that I should give him 50% off the price he had paid (and lets not forget he also had already got a 10% discount)

Said fella offered to get Vauxhall Heritage to confirm the massive* fault and that the model wasn't exactly like the real car so he would need to have a discount.  

His offer and any further discount were politely declined.

F'kin rivet counters! I used to hate these t055ers when i was in the trade. Does sound like someone who needs a swift kick in the crotch. 

I agree with the yankification of Lego's City range. I wish they would do some better wheels for the trucks. Mega Bloks a while back did some decent truck wheels, used them on a few projects including a PVS wrecker truck. I am fairly creative when it comes to Lego vehicles, built a fair few mongrels now, including a Mister Softee ice cream van

post-5211-0-49258800-1474799093_thumb.jpg

I built a mega Leyland FG from Lego years ago, about 1/20 scale I would say. I had it for about fifteen years. Sadly my cousins boys broke it up one day but it's there to be played with I guess.

My wife bought me a big Lego Mini Cooper 2 Christmases ago and the F40 last year. These sets are still very much old school Lego and it took me back building them up. They look great too.

Arthur Daley's 'quality used cars', better not let Mr Chisholm check the MOT's. Arthur must be down the lock up, checking out those 144 genuine faux mink fur coats he got off a geezer down the Old Kent Rd

post-5211-0-63178200-1474983096_thumb.jpg

I made a purchase today of miniature shite, although it's questionable if it qualifies as shite or not. And actually it's not that miniature either being 1/16 scale.

It's a Torro models radio control world war 2 Jagdtiger tank destroyer!

It's got a mainly metal tank hull, loads of metal details, metal tracks with fully operating suspension, smoke units on the exhausts, firing gun, two tone sound for the engine and gun...

Its not cheap but man it's cool! I've wanted one for ages but after watching them on youtube decided to get one. I'm into WW2, especially the vehicles and weapons and went for the Jagdtiger as it's one of my favourites. If it's any good I might get the Tiger 2 (KingTiger) tank with the same features in the same scale, might have to wait a while though as they are expensive.

Have a video of it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1U1zgHD9RY

I can't wait to get it!!

The Deutsche Post was selling this, so I had to have it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Note the big fan behind the grille:

004.jpg

It gave them that characteristic howling sound I still have in my ears after all these decades.

Yes, Magirus Deutzes were air cooled.

005.jpg

006.jpg

So it was time to rummage and dig out this:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

It's most probably a Schuco pre production prototype.

I got it in a very shady deal from China and the model that was ultimately released is different in many aspects.

Actually it is a reissue of this old Mitsuwa Fuso:

183953-12854-pristine.jpg

They just plated the cab and threw in extra sprues with the Dekotora parts.

Yes, you will have to attach the lenses individually, not unlike the 1/32 Aoshima Dekotoras.

But you can still leave all this away and build it standard.

It also allows you to build it as a tractor unit, the fifth wheel setup is included.

I made a purchase today of miniature shite, although it's questionable if it qualifies as shite or not. And actually it's not that miniature either being 1/16 scale.

It's a Torro models radio control world war 2 Jagdtiger tank destroyer!

It's got a mainly metal tank hull, loads of metal details, metal tracks with fully operating suspension, smoke units on the exhausts, firing gun, two tone sound for the engine and gun...

Its not cheap but man it's cool! I've wanted one for ages but after watching them on youtube decided to get one. I'm into WW2, especially the vehicles and weapons and went for the Jagdtiger as it's one of my favourites. If it's any good I might get the Tiger 2 (KingTiger) tank with the same features in the same scale, might have to wait a while though as they are expensive.

Have a video of it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1U1zgHD9RY

I can't wait to get it!!

I'm getting into these R/C tanks now! I've just ordered another German classic!

Should be here next week with the other one. This ones a Tiger mk1 mid production version, similar features to the above tank destroyer but since this ones actually a tank it has a working 360 degree turret and realistic gun recoil effects.

It's this one: https://www.torro-shop.de/Tiger-I-Middle-Version-Metall-Profi-Edition-BB-with-recoil-summercamouflage

Next one I want is the same manufacturers SturmTiger SPG...