Just a tiny bit depressed....

Baz

Yep, a shame for sure - lost it through no fault of his own though.

You sure? He threw it away 2 weeks ago by sliding into the kitty litter, and today he saw red when Alonsso passed him and made a bloody silly, imature mistake! Damn shame though, he REALLY should be world champoin.

Good to see Mercedes finest being beaten by a bunch of Fiat guys (again...)Not that I did not want Hamilton to win, I'm pleased that Kimi did. He's overdue for a title and with kids these days believing everything should be handed to them on a plate I wonder if he has the drive like Kimi to win the title in the future.Alonso is moving next year and that should make it even easier for Hamilton to be top dog at McLaren, he is after all Ron Dennis's pet, next year he will have all of the teams efforts behind him. It was also nice to see Mika H at the race, I remember the races he had with the Chewbacker well, is it really a decade ago next year? :shock:

Wouldn't it be great to see Hamilton AND Button in McLarens next year? 8)

Chalk'n'cheese. Hamilton is a Nigel Mansell sort of guy, made immense efforts over the years to be the best but falling at the final hurdle in that typically British way... maybe next year will be his. Butoon on the other hand is in a different league and has this half-arsed air about him. If he ever takes the chequered flag again chances are it will be a bigger fluke than the only time he's won so far.

He threw it away 2 weeks ago by sliding into the kitty litter

Err....yes, because he was told to stay out on totally shagged tyres which should have been changed at least 2 laps earlier!And today, it was the gearbox fault that dropped him too far down the field to get back up with the leaders, not his error at the start.

falling at the final hurdle in that typically British way...

That seems to sum up British sport right across the board, this weekend especially. It promised so much but delivered so little. We had the chance to make history in two different sports but failed in both - very gallant.So this time last week we were all so jubilant - doing well & on course in the football, on course to make history by being the only William Webb Ellis trophy holders to retain it (and against such odds) and having the youngest winner of the F1 championship title, the first rookie to win it in their first year & the first British champion since.....Hill? Fast forward to now and we achieved 0/3 :cry::evil: Still at least we're the first Rugby World Cup holders to make 2 successive finals - doesn't that make you feel great :roll:

He was really unlucky in these last two races. Somehow British sportsmen always inflict such pain on their fans. Thats one reason why I'm not really a great fan of any sport. But I do like to see Britain/England do well in important events. But yet again, we managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.But don't forget we have a world Superbike champion this year, as well as the world conker champion!