Hello, Dublin calling...

Garbage

Hello,

I thought as a regular viewer of the various excellent and highly entertaining threads here for the past 2 or 3 years it's only right to jump aboard. :D

The name's Gary and, as the subject line confirms, I live in Dublin. As mentioned before there isn't too much shite here anymore as the scrappage deals have hoovered a lot of them up but there's still some to be seen. I'll make an effort to get the camera out and do some spotting over the next while. Don't hold your breath mind!

As for me, I'm a big classic fan and I currently have a Dolomite 1850 with leaky alloys that p*** me off no end but it's a great little car. I previously had a 1500TC and a 1300 fwd. I'm planning to offload the Dolly soon as it's time to move on to something different. I've been saying that for ages though. :oops:

My daily driver is something that would look right at home here, a 99 Renault Laguna which I've had for nearly 5 years. It's got 85k on the clock and has been a brilliant car. I tend to go for something different each time but I am planning to buy another Laguna after this one. Great old load lugger. Previous cars were (in order) a BMW E21 (loved it but cost a fortune to keep on the road), a 91 Civic (nothing bad to say about that one) and my first car was an 86 Suzuki Swift, also a great car and maybe the one I miss the most. It was like driving a go cart it was so nippy. More on this in another thread. I'll trawl through the photos and post some pics up of my motoring past but, like I said, don't hold your breath...

Hello and welcome! To be honest... I was actually looking forward to seeing pictures of the Laguna :)

Don't suppose it's a 3.0 V6 with those CRAZY tax rules down south. Glad I'm on this side of the border!!

I wish! Standard 1.6 with adequate shiftage. Between tax, insurance, the car test and speed traps we'll all be walking here soon. Barefoot. :(