shite horder pics

autofive

There is a property not far from me which has seven Citroen CXs in varying states of decay outside. I agree that places like this, with so many vehicles abandoned are now rare, I remember it being a lot more common even 10 years ago, but there is still a huge amount of abandoned cars on driveways from what I can gather, and have seen.

Ours looked like that 30 years ago! Quite a lot of it was down to my dad for never getting rid of stuff, but I learned well from him. At one point (in fact probably more than one) we had something like 12 cars hanging around, most unusable. We did have periodic clearouts though. Some of the shite that was parked for months or even years (at various times): two A40 Farinas, A35 van, two Mini vans and one saloon, Hillman Minx (Arrow), two Triumph Heralds, PA Velox, HA van, Hillman Imp, Mk1 Cortina (2dr!), Anglia 123E, Marina coupe/saloon/van, three Fiat 500s, at least two Lada estates, two Polonezes, Fiat 127 and 131, Volvo 245, two wedge Princesses... are you getting the idea? :D Moving up into the current century and I would still leave a car there from time to time, until I could afford to tax it usually. My Plymouth police car and Buick Century featured most often , along with their last car, the blue Sierra. Yes, in her 80s, my mum was driving a 2.0 DOHC Sierra!

Oh, and there was often a cheap caravan too, including a 16ft Lynton I lived in for four months!

looks like my house circa 2003; at the time I had on the drive A granada scorpio 24v, granada 2.0i ghia, metro city 1.0, mk3 cortina 2.8 hot rod in the garage, my brother's Renault 5 GT turbo on the front garden and a mk1 Granada 3.0 on the back patio. I bet the neighbours loved me...not that I cared, I didn't like them either.

Just goes to show...human shite expands to fill the space provided