Your New Year Shite Resolutions 2012

warren t claim

Could you MOT the Mazda with a broken starter? With a sympathetic tester it surely could be tested, just leave plenty of petrol in so it doesn't run out mid test :twisted:

My local have said they would but I need at least one other person to held me push it from where it's currently sitting. Unless maybe I take out breakdown cover at my parent's address, thus getting automatic homestart..........

Really need to figure out what to do with the Mazda asap. Bluebird needs the door rust sorting and alloys put on. Also want several different cars this year, at least one being British

Lay up the Bird while you deal with the door, then you don't rush to have it for work next day. Drive the Mazda, no car likes to be left. When you've done the Bird, flog the Mazda and buy a Maestro. Job, as the Transit ads said, Done. :wink:

Problem is the starter motor has gone and the MOT has 3 days left. Don't know if I want to risk buying a new starter then it failing epically

Have you tried pulling the motor off and giving it a strip, clean and rebuild? I did this on a knackered delica once, got it working again no bother!

Shite clearance for me.

Cav - must go

Sell one of either the 145 or 147.

MOT 480, then...

Sell other of 145 or 147

Wait until springtime then sell Mrs S's 156, and buy something smaller/more economical.

MOT Celica for Cholmondeley.

Think about selling it, then drive it and change my mind.

Buy random other shite.

Repeat until Mrs S threatens divorce/I run out of space/I run out of money/I run out of time

I don't think a 1500 should be that hard to find, after all it is the same lump found in the fugly rubber bumpered MG 'Midshit'. Good luck anyroad.

Yes but the problem is that the 1500 knocks its bottom end out for fun. Finding a GOOD 1500 can be quite tricky.

You could go the Seth route. I imagine his MX-5 powered Herald is quite perky!

There are very few older cars or even parts for them available here in NI. It seems the K can be used with a Ford Type 9 and an adapter bellhousing. Given that a well sorted 1400 K can make 100BHP without too much trouble (and I'll know a good one if I see it), I recokn that's sufficient power.

You're right about the bottom end on the 1500 - I reckon the one in question has spun a bearing. :?

It goes like this:

Get new job and move back in at home - DONE

Move a load of stuff to my lockup and make it suitable to work on the GP100 -DONE

Realise I have no interest in said GP100 - DONE

Fix up bike and get MOT - TO DO

Sell GP100 bike at profit - TO DO

Clear out lockup to make space for car - TO DO

Buy new and proper shite car (rough sixties or early seventies saloon please) - TO DO

Get rid of BMW and obtain reasonable everyday car - TO DO Urgently

1) Sell DAF. Its really surplus to requirements these days.

2) Weld up all the rot on the GT6 and sell GT6. Not that I want to its just that they seem to be making £££££ at the mo which leads me onto 3.......

3) Use money from GT6 to pay for a professional paint job on Imp. Put Imp back together spaff in my own pants in excitement and be very happy indeed.

4) Get a hot bird that is not poultry.

1) Sell DAF. Its really surplus to requirements these days.

2) Weld up all the rot on the GT6 and sell GT6. Not that I want to its just that they seem to be making £££££ at the mo which leads me onto 3.......

3) Use money from GT6 to pay for a professional paint job on Imp. Put Imp back together spaff in my own pants in excitement and be very happy indeed.

4) Get a hot bird that is not poultry.

5) Call Scooters.

Hmm, rather apt that someone has posted on this thread as the Cavalier sized hole outside needs filling.

You are right. A Cavalier is about the same size as a DAF 44 and a Triumph GT6 all in all! PM about when you are picking them up.

As soon as you tell me your Paypal address so I can send my last £20 over :D

1. New job

2. Move out of the house I'm living in at the moment (mate's house, VERY cheap rent but a bit shitty)

3. Replace Simca wing mirror

4. Give up smoking

5. Drink less grog

6. Secure 2nd date with this Polish chick I've met (1st date was a bloody success :wink: so this shouldnt be a problem, though I do have a tendency to f**k these things up)

hmm..

well

BX - take it off the road in the early summer and get the sills welded up and potentially slap a bit of paint on the roof and bonnet which has worn through to the undercoat. Rebuild the spare carb, replace the fuel pump and give it a service

740 GL - needs collecting but suspect it could turn into a tow car extraordinaire

Scooby - replace the airfilter, power steering and alternator belts asap - oil change and service - front brakes in the next 2 months need doing

Shopping list -

A CX - the bulgarian one is an option but the vendor has gone quiet on me which is not doing the deal any favours - an alternate plan will be to source a French one and utilise some of the travel money to and from Bulgaria to pop over to France - Have to check that Skizz has a towbar on his Skoda thingy and wouldn't mind towing a couple of tonne of CX and trailer! I have also spoken to the chap in northern ireland who is selling a 22 at the moment - timing probably won't work

Rover 800 - perhaps - still looking for FD approval on this one

Daf - I don't have an old classic in the collection at the moment - maybe the brown one HI is looking to move on could be coming back to Scooters Towers...tempting indeed!

I'll potentially be rather busy at work between mid January and the summer so may have my AS capers kaiboshed for a time but if I am then the shite will be drafted into daily 160 mile round commute so that 740GLE is looking like a good buy all in all.

I've got to put new rear tyres on the scimitar this year, the lack of traction is criminal even though they have 2mm of tread, they are hard as a brick, you can wheelspin in to 3rd gear!

Clean the carbs out again on the jag and take the tanks out and de-rust them and fit the new alternator thats gathering dust, it does 25 miles per battery otherwise

1 Find a suitable 2nd Safrane V6 RXE on the road and BUY IT!!(Proving sodding impossible)

2 Continue to buy any sensible priced parts new from work and stash them away as the parts are near non existant to buy new for the V6.

3 MAYBE do more than 7 miles in a year and MAYBE enjoy the odd drive/show in the Safrane rather than worry the bollocks over something happening to it...(but i doubt this will happen)

4 TRY and slow down on buying ENYTHING with a V6 Safrane on it,adverts,roadtest,brochures etc,i struggle with English let alone Polish,German,French.

Not so much a resolution as an ambition...

It's looking like we will be back in UK sometime this year. Once we've arrived, and no doubt a long time after, I would really like to do a Euro trip. Buy (unseen, over the web) some big old barge from the early 70s, like say an Opel Commodore*, in a country that trades in Euros, then drive it back. Somewhere that would include use of the Channel Tunnel would be best, as I've never used it and never visited France. Wad of cash, camera, handful of fresh AA batteries. What can possibly go wrong? :D

*Yes, I know it's German and therefore contradicts almost everything I've ever said here, but it was the first example that sprang to mind. If I ever do this thing, the car at the other end WILL be old, large, with a six-or-more-pot engine and automatic box. And preferably not something sold in UK, or at least not in big numbers.

You've got to have a dream.