:D

wuvvum

Loving the eclectic selection of photos in that album. How many of them were owned by you?

Most of them. There are a few in there that are spots - usually the ones that are parked in supermarket car parks or snapped at the side of the road, like the Mk1 Polo, the Fox, the Mk1 Astra or the green Lada. Most of the rest are mine, or were at one stage.

Lets have a look! Bung up some full-on XXX-rated open oyster shots of the rusty bits! Compared to an Alfa sud or sprint of similar age these things seem to hold up quite well, (Mind you, thats like saying "compared to 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here', 'Britains got talent' is the fuggin pinnacle of intelligent modern broadcasting")

Not sure yet. First priority is to get the engine running as it should - at the moment it splutters on anything more than 1/3 throttle, probably due to a combination of tired plugs, corroded HT leads and ancient petrol. Won't be a problem with the points though as it has electronic ignition 8) . Once that's sorted I'm going to have a proper poke round the bodywork - taking the plastic sill covers off is going to be the scariest part. I'll make my decision based on how much of the sills is going to need replacing.

Loving the eclectic selection of photos in that album. How many of them were owned by you?

Most of them. There are a few in there that are spots - usually the ones that are parked in supermarket car parks or snapped at the side of the road, like the Mk1 Polo, the Fox, the Mk1 Astra or the green Lada. Most of the rest are mine, or were at one stage.
What happened with that MkI Civic it shows you bought in your album, I don't remember that one joining your fleet?

What happened with that MkI Civic it shows you bought in your album, I don't remember that one joining your fleet?

I got messed around by the seller. He emailed me to say that someone had offered him more and could collect sooner than I could and asked if I was OK with him selling it to this other chap. I said go for it, as I was having car-related hassles at the time and didn't fancy a 230-mile drive in a Hondamatic Civic. Then about a week later he suddenly emails me again saying that the chap has let him down so the car is still mine and it needs to be collected by Sunday as he's losing his garage after that. I emailed back saying "sorry mate, no can do" and that was the last I heard of it. He opened an unpaid item dispute but hasn't done anything about it for over a month now.

Bugger! Can't get the video to work - press Play and the screen just goes black. But I assume it is now running sweetly - well done!Incidentally, WD40 has also put a shine on the bonnet of my 405, so there's another use for it as well.