Isle of Shite

shite_meister

Some more of Jersey's shite, this post is especially for mk2 craig, I shall update this shortly.

Posted Image

My 75k mile shitey 2600 (hardly ever use it might have to break it for parts-shame)

Posted Image

My 35k Sd1 converted to 4.5i (nice but shitey)

Posted Image

Too much shite, all mine-one owner red 52k Vitesse has gone to the crusher.

Posted Image

My 65k mile '86 Bmw 525i (M30 not M20 525e for the anoraks out there) just been polished was pink now is a shiney deep blood red, I used pig's blood to polish it with.) also my mini cooper in background-rusty therefore SHITE!

Posted Image

Not my Sierra XR4i but a workmate's who also loves shite and has another and some unusual shite.

Posted Image

Strange man came running out when I pulled up to this shite old series 3 landy in a shite old series 3 landy (the ultimate shite for shite-spotting) and said man said its gonna be restored (yeah right) but under intensive questioning I think he'd crack.

Posted Image

Poor little Dai-shat-su van, was abandoned in one of the best shite collections in a public(ish) place. now the size of a small(er) box.

Posted Image

Quite minty ezzer, low mile-age Ghia spec methinks, quite dull all the same, why have black/Red/Hearing aid Beige when shitblue will do?

Posted Image

Beatle infestation

Posted Image

Toledo anyone?

Posted Image

Ah Bedford CF, deduct point for lack of padlock and clasp on rear door (could not make a visual assesment of driver's door on account that I couldn't be arsed getting out of the car) add point for bit of broken towrope at rear (damn that thin nylon rope)

More to come my dears.

TTFN

Phantastic stuff there, don't think I've seen any of the above although that 2600 is familiar, did you buy it off some little old lady?A few cars there look like they aren't on original plates any more, the series only reached J98000 at the end of the 1990s so that mk3 escy has definitely been re-registered. So has that XR4i, the second red SD1 and, I'm willing to bet, your blue 4.5. Whether this is because they were imported secondhand or just a victim of the Jersey public's immense vanity and huge propensity to bugger around changing number plates is another matter.

How do! yep the red vitesse had a 4-digit plate on it when I bought it and the first thing I did was sell the plate quick to some fool who is prepared to pay hundreds of pounds to have one digit less than most others, Low numberplates (the Jersey equivalent of a personalised plate in the UK for our mainland friends) are a pointless waste of sometimes huge amounts of money. The 2600 was parked up at the butterfly farm for years and is probably the best I've ever come across (I'm sure there is a mental picture there somewhere) but my 4.5 takes priority so I may break it which is a shame-not something I want to do. Do you know of an old dear with an SD1? WHERE WHERE WHERE??? Now I'll have to try and take pics of shite that you've not documented already. Cheers!

Do you know of an old dear with an SD1? WHERE WHERE WHERE???

Racking my brains I believe it's in fact a silver one I think it is also J16-something. Looks like I'd better get cracking on photgraphing all the various tat I've spotted parked up but not yet caught on camera or you'll get there first! :lol:

Mister Mk2 Craig I belive the gauntlet has been well and truley dropped, who can snap the rarest most shitiest shite? I'm out tomorrow gonna give my sharknose Beemer a good run before insuarance expires and get some serious shite snapped. I did advertise the 2-6 on the SD1 site saying I'd swap it for a set of decent doors to save it but nobody replied, main prob is Jersey registered, someone would have to come over, take it back (already expensive) then MOT it and then have the hassle of re-registering it. Nobody here (in their right mind) wants them, I've only ever seen two others here and one of them was beige so what does that tell you?Mk2 Craig-you can take as many pics of Shitroen BXs as you like but be prepared for some serious shite-was gutted you snapped that roller down at Sandybrook though.ta-ta

I can see your reasoning Retro but this is in fact a gin-you-wine 1.6 Ghia, you can just about make out the badge on the front wing. The later 1983-on Ghia lost those side stripes to which you refer but the one in the pic is older than this as it has the earlier type wheels, so probably been resprayed at some stage.oof, getting hot in here with this anorak on :lol:

I can see your reasoning Retro but this is in fact a gin-you-wine 1.6 Ghia, you can just about make out the badge on the front wing. The later 1983-on Ghia lost those side stripes to which you refer but the one in the pic is older than this as it has the earlier type wheels, so probably been resprayed at some stage.oof, getting hot in here with this anorak on :lol:

...too right. :D It also has the chrome strip around the front bonnet edge and bumper overriders which my GL never had...

Hmmmm....you could be right. At first glance I thought the 'badge' on the wing was the indicator side repeater, I don't remember Mk3's not having a side repeater? It does look like the ghia badge so must be a very early mk3??I also thought the GL's did have that chrome trim at some point?