Bus Shite

Felly Magic

8 hours ago, Remspoor said:

The point about a spare wheel being carried for a preserved bus is one I had not thought about. The Ugger Dugger gun must be huge. Where would that be stored?

This bus looks as if the seat arrangement has been changed to accommodated the spare wheel.

You don't need one. Fucking long bar is what you use, remembering that the nearside wheel nuts on old buses are left hand thread.

Dutch Buses. Both preserved but still being used for events.

Leyland Royal Tiger Worldmaster.

110425483_LeylandRoyalTigerWorldmaster.thumb.jpeg.b1787b2f320a2852dc8cd9ac1045380a.jpeg

I did not realise just how long they were in production for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyland_Royal_Tiger_Worldmaster

DAF sb201dkdl554.

110175968_dafsb201dkdl554.thumb.jpeg.6ba920c371001cd9b4aa55bf6526defe.jpeg

There are interweb images of the same bus with an orange livery. Just love the position of the wipers.

This picture has appeared here and is supposed to be from Oslo Norway in the 1930s but that can be wrong. What I notice is the bus it has a very unusual body and is right-hand drive something that was not so unusual here. But the big question is which brand is the bus? It can be anything from American to European but since the bus is right-hand drive I guess English or Swedish?  The body I think is made in Norway.

1990525776_Screenshot2022-07-1318_39_48.thumb.png.cd2dc0980b8cd19902c88f93b19f9097.png

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

This picture has appeared here and is supposed to be from Oslo Norway in the 1930s but that can be wrong. What I notice is the bus it has a very unusual body and is right-hand drive something that was not so unusual here. But the big question is which brand is the bus? It can be anything from American to European but since the bus is right-hand drive I guess English or Swedish?  The body I think is made in Norway.

1990525776_Screenshot2022-07-1318_39_48.thumb.png.cd2dc0980b8cd19902c88f93b19f9097.png

They certainly had Leyland Lions (below) but that radiator isn't the same. It's more like the Leyland Cub. Otherwise it's just that bit* before my time.

Bus on line no 60 heading for the Stockholm Exhibition on Djurgården, 1930.

10 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

They certainly had Leyland Lions (below) but that radiator isn't the same. It's more like the Leyland Cub. Otherwise it's just that bit* before my time.

Bus on line no 60 heading for the Stockholm Exhibition on Djurgården, 1930.

The one in your picture is a lot like the one in my picture so they have probably been the inspiration for the construction of that bus in Norway. But what kind of chassis the Norwegian has is difficult to identify.

I know this is really a truck but is probably here there is most interest in this. There could be few buses in Norway in some areas after the war so one had to improvise and this is a good example. This is a 1946 Chevrolet truck that has the body from an old bus put on the back. And notice the exhaust from the truck goes into the bus section the old buses here could have heating systems from the engine exhaust that were led through pipes on the inside.

1573250073_Screenshot2022-07-1422_18_12.thumb.png.33bafc12af7185e1a137b17909c7bb07.png

One of the latest additions to the East Yorkshire fleet, 5 ADL Enviro 200MMCs are in the process of delivery along with a 71 reg MCV Evoseti bodied Volvo B5TL, a brand new ADL Enviro 400 MMC double deck coach and a brand new Mercedes Benz Tourismo. One of the E200s is 21 reg the others 22 reg, all have been bought from a leasing company.

20220712_173651.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, Dyslexic Viking said:

And notice the exhaust from the truck goes into the bus section the old buses here could have heating systems from the engine exhaust that were led through pipes on the inside.

The Nazis pioneered that, but not for heating purposes.

Have just arrived at Alton bus rally (in the Škoda) and just saw this whilst walking down to the Station cafe for breakfast. 

IMG_20220717_100456.thumb.jpg.97ccf188f3cc3824780edc80463ba610.jpg

Shows how time moves on. When these first came on the scene we absolutely detested them, for good reason I think, but when I saw this I  smiled. I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but I'm kind of glad somebody else did. 

Quick question for those who know the ins and outs of operational matters: with our services locally being rammed to the rafters, quite often the 'bus full' sign goes up; when that's a coach, they won't allow standing. The question itself comes from a woman the other day, muttering 'You'd think they'd let us stand, it's only twenty minutes...' which got me thinking. 

Supposing the driver had allowed it, and supposing somebody had got injured in that twenty minute trip (quite likely I'd think, it's a narrow twisty B road the drivers often tackle with gusto to make up time), would that be 'a very serious matter ' for the polis and the traffic commissioner? I ask from my perspective on the goods side of road transport, as kind of analogous to an unsecured load incident, which is 'a very serious matter ' and tends to result in black marks on licences and repute.

21 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

Quick question for those who know the ins and outs of operational matters: with our services locally being rammed to the rafters, quite often the 'bus full' sign goes up; when that's a coach, they won't allow standing. The question itself comes from a woman the other day, muttering 'You'd think they'd let us stand, it's only twenty minutes...' which got me thinking. 

Supposing the driver had allowed it, and supposing somebody had got injured in that twenty minute trip (quite likely I'd think, it's a narrow twisty B road the drivers often tackle with gusto to make up time), would that be 'a very serious matter ' for the polis and the traffic commissioner? I ask from my perspective on the goods side of road transport, as kind of analogous to an unsecured load incident, which is 'a very serious matter ' and tends to result in black marks on licences and repute.

Absolutely yes.  

There will be a sign somewhere prominent near/in the cab which will read "nn passengers, 0 standees"

That's what the vehicle is designed and licensed to carry.  If the driver ignored that and was caught and/or something happened they and the operator would have the book thrown at them by the TC.

So there were hundreds of buses there but I only took a few pictures. 

These two stood out for a show in the south of England. 

IMG_20220717_145237.thumb.jpg.b3351108fadd758b743850e5f372a8d1.jpg

I thought the blue one was a Leopard from a distance but it wears an AEC badge. 

IMG_20220717_145226.thumb.jpg.8787f71f5c861fc1f34e72cd985f6285.jpg

I assume it is some sort of psuedo Kelvin livery. It carries Airdrie legal lettering so it is a very long way from home. 

IMG_20220717_145311.thumb.jpg.39e50ad2cc80f58698d64ac3fc9d3d16.jpg

Especially for something with standard bus seats. 

Right those of you who don't like Routemasters can stop reading now. 

These two are both ex Southampton CityBus and we're parked next to each other quite by coincidence. I doubt many people realised, or were even interested. 

IMG_20220717_120900.thumb.jpg.a6bea4fb9b952b24afd2856a0e0d553d.jpg

More importantly RM 2037 is my old bus. I sold it about three years ago but it's nice to see it still looking suitably shabby.  He's been doing plenty of work underneath and inside though. 

The ceiling and sidewalls have been repainted upstairs. 

IMG_20220717_113711.thumb.jpg.d869183a5bfab91bfcd7f2e56bc42c1b.jpg

Most people won't appreciate the work that has gone into this ceiling as they won't know what it looked like before. It was last painted in 1989. There is a chemical reaction between the rivets and beading that causes the paint to fall off so I went as far as brushing the flaky paint off occasionally and that was it. 

The floor has been scrubbed to within an inch of its life. 

IMG_20220717_113800.thumb.jpg.8eddbc1c25a5c522c8eb29c7e1afe455.jpg

I also painted this in 1989. It's nice to see it's still there. It's all hand painted. The base is Triumph Pimento Red the rest is Humbrol and Tamiya model paints. 

IMG_20220717_113644.thumb.jpg.04b32f1b0297c97d0b073e044b057e78.jpg

The gold has faded a bit but it's 33 years old. Even the black lining is hand painted. I had more patience in those days. 

5 hours ago, CreepingJesus said:

If its a coach the vehicle is not licensed to carry standing passengers so no it isn't allowed 

Autoshite  Brown bus for rent in Spain. Leyland Olympian (excuse the dyslexic Spanish description)

https://www.milanuncios.com/autobuses-usados/leiland-olympian-bus-turistico-448687208.htm

Still on English plates. It must be transported to venues as it is illegal to drive that on the roads here.

image.png.a169b147faabd80e7fee58cb59ed72c5.png

image.png.8c25b6e0cba52e08ee67188904619451.png

Given the reg. E301MSG it looks as if it was in service with LRT & Lothian Buses. They had Alexander RH bodies .

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/LRT_%26_Lothian_Buses:_Olympian_/_Alexander_RH#With_Lothian_Buses

Can anyone confirm or add to this?

42 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Autoshite  Brown bus for rent in Spain. Leyland Olympian (excuse the dyslexic Spanish description)

https://www.milanuncios.com/autobuses-usados/leiland-olympian-bus-turistico-448687208.htm

Still on English plates. It must be transported to venues as it is illegal to drive that on the roads here.

Given the reg. E301MSG it looks as if it was in service with LRT & Lothian Buses. They had Alexander RH bodies .

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/LRT_%26_Lothian_Buses:_Olympian_/_Alexander_RH#With_Lothian_Buses

New to Lothian, converted to open top and used by Guide Friday in Edinburgh and last owned by Discover Dorset and used in Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

By the way, where was it.

Bournemouth Yellow Buses have just folded after 120 years. I knew they were in trouble but still trading a few days ago but it's just been on local news, today is the last day. Tomorrow there will be no Yellow Buses. 

More Bus (aka Go Ahead, aka Wilts & Dorset) will take over some routes from Saturday. Seems Go Ahead knew of the imminent demise as they have been moving extra buses in to Poole in readiness. Yellow Bus drivers to be offered a £3k golden hello if they sign tomorrow to start Saturday.