Bus Shite

Felly Magic

On 6/29/2022 at 6:51 PM, Inspector Morose said:

Still not obscure enough? Jeesh, there's just no pleasing you, is there? 
Okay, try this:

WVT900S.thumb.png.f3ac7578370f13473d47226c745baac8.png

1285761820_WVT900S(2).thumb.png.d3fa56f48d9505c82416838f1afa260c.png

If that doesn't float your boat then I'm done.

Goodnight.

If you want your boat floating, then this version really was unique (pic from web, CBA to find mine).

image.thumb.png.10e6c1cbac99793163feb75b4742863a.png

27 minutes ago, cms206 said:

Day out today on a "mystery tour" - basically a pissup for the old boys at one of the local bowling clubs.

Largs  Balloch, Arrochar, Cairndow, Coylet & Dunoon, then back to Largs via the ferry to Gourock.

20220701_181307.jpg

20220701_183312.jpg

20220701_183320.jpg

20220701_193628(0).jpg

Looks a chodtastic coach there. 

6 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

9019a0efb1777093e3c1be6c8fec23d2.jpg

1 hour ago, busmansholiday said:

Southampton Regent V, 353. That picture is at the bottom of The Broadway in Winchester so no doubt one of the many Winchester running days that used to happen every New Years Day. So it could be any time from the mid 80s to about 2015. Actually the earliest running days were really just ex King Alfred buses so probably not that long ago but it got bigger and bigger until Fokab (friends of King Alfred buses, the organisers) decided it was getting too big and pulled the plug. 

5 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

just had to look into that one, apparently it had some knackered leaf springs adding to the roll!

http://www.old-bus-photos.co.uk/?tag=aec-regent-v&paged=5

impressive photograph nonetheless!

And yes the roll is impressive but I think they were all like that. When the Routemasters came to Southampton, Southampton CityBus reinstated one of their Regents, 401, to go with them and I have some pictures of it at the same angle. Not even going fast, practically walking pace in some cases but it still rolled like crazy. 

23 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Posh bus spotted earlier:

DSC_0981.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

Routemaster moquette on a modern bus? But then I scrolled down and see it's a Southern Transit bus. The guy who runs it is an RM enthusiast. He has a few in the fleet for private hire work though they have been known to appear on his stage route 3 from Horsham to Shoreham usually on August Bank Holidays. He overhauled the brakes on my RM when I had it. 

He must be doing alright if he's running Enviro City 400s. I mean I assume it's leased but even so, glad to see he's doing well. 

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

And yes the roll is impressive but I think they were all like that. When the Routemasters came to Southampton, Southampton CityBus reinstated one of their Regents, 401, to go with them and I have some pictures of it at the same angle. Not even going fast, practically walking pace in some cases but it still rolled like crazy. 

NSR looks flat tho?

11 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

NSR looks flat tho?

Does a bit, though it's not a very high res picture so I can't really tell. Being at Winchester running day it would probably be a full load (and looks it as far I can tell) so that wouldn't help.