Bus Shite

Felly Magic

Got a new Job Coach Driving ! No more teaching Rants YAY !!

first allocation was an Irizar i6s Triaxle 21 Reg Just Go holidays Livery  C58FT

Then this afternoon

2008 Volvo B12B Van Hool T9 Alizee C53F  which was fun and kids were making S** noises

22 minutes ago, 2cvspecial said:

first allocation was an Irizar i6s Triaxle 21 Reg Just Go holidays Livery  C58FT

Then this afternoon

2008 Volvo B12B Van Hool T9 Alizee C53F  which was fun and kids were making S** noises

Just got my letter from DVLA for the renewal of my PSV. As I'll by over 65 when it's due, the annual medical, licence change and other costs (CPC) means it's not seriously worth it given how little I've driven recently. Enjoy the future, I started in 1978 so buses and coaches were rather different.

3 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Just got my letter from DVLA for the renewal of my PSV. As I'll by over 65 when it's due, the annual medical, licence change and other costs (CPC) means it's not seriously worth it given how little I've driven recently. Enjoy the future, I started in 1978 so buses and coaches were rather different.

The Irizar was on the same School contract , I don't drive the tour ones though , but was a nice treat

1 hour ago, 2cvspecial said:

Then this afternoon

Congratulations chodtastic news. Enjoy your new career. 

Then this afternoon

I had my playlist on the radio  off AUX with Spotify

THe final Countdown (Europe)

Voulez Vous (ABBA)

Dont look back in Anger (OASIS)

Waterloo (ABBA)

Venus (Bananarama)

The kids told me to turn ABBA  and Oasis off but they all liked the Final Countdown and Venus 

Voulez vous , Aha Aha. Aha , Voulez Vous...

The kids to the front and behind the driver seat were singing all the way and had one agressive Year 8 I think he was , he clearly had SEMH Issues ( Was a Teacher ) told child to shut his phone up as it kept ringing , he said to me "YOU shut up or else " (else being a  threat of knife or something" He called me a Grumpy old Git , another boy called me "fat" I said "Huh You think i'm Fat do you?" I refused "u fat r U " to travel tonight the Teacher was disappointed and apologetic  but that just pushed my buttons "Fat" happened this afternoon "or Else" was this morning . I managed to stay calm . Just . I said to them would they like the SH1T bus tonight ? , The VH T9 was not SH1T  but threatened to kick them off at first stop , On the Irizar this Morning , kid kicked football towards Windscreen , BL00DY HELL!  i said If you hit my windscreen again .. Kicked the ball off and left it , was still there this afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Congratulations chodtastic news. Enjoy your new career. 

Thank you , dont know what Coach I am on Tomorrow , same contract as The route passes my Village so they Kindly assumed i Knew the route  which was nice. Hope the Coach is an Irizar i6 / i6s Or Van Hool not one of them Autosan Eagle SH1TBOXES

I gave up my psv licence 3 years ago on my 55th birthday. I wouldnt have passed the medical due to the prescription drugs I am on. I miss driving coaches, but not the school runs. In fact I refused to do school runs, there was enough other contract work to avoid them. One of my mates ended up in a bad place because a 15 year old girl that he had told to sit down and behave went to the school and said he had grabbed her arse. He was sacked, threatened with court, he now has a black mark on his record, cant pass a pvg disclosure so cant work with kids or vulnerable people. This lead to him having a breakdown and he hasn't worked since. The girl was a known trouble maker but the mud stuck. Theres nothing worse to work with than teenage schoolkids.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Daviemck2006 said:

I gave up my psv licence 3 years ago on my 55th birthday. I wouldnt have passed the medical due to the prescription drugs I am on. I miss driving coaches, but not the school runs. In fact I refused to do school runs, there was enough other contract work to avoid them. One of my mates ended up in a bad place because a 15 year old girl that he had told to sit down and behave went to the school and said he had grabbed her arse. He was sacked, threatened with court, he now has a black mark on his record, cant pass a pvg disclosure so cant work with kids or vulnerable people. This lead to him having a breakdown and he hasn't worked since. The girl was a known trouble maker but the mud stuck. Theres nothing worse to work with than teenage schoolkids.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

They all know their rights, but never know how to spell them...

(I hate children, for many reasons.)

32 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Thank god all our vehicles have CCTV on board now

CCTV saved a driver's bacon years ago at a firm I used to work for. They were accused of being inappropriate with a secondary school pupil on the bus, the pupil alleged that he cornered them on the back seat and grabbed them. I had the job of downloading and reviewing the CCTV, the first thing we noticed was that there was no feed from either of the upstairs cameras - both black. But the downstairs were working just fine, and showed the driver never went upstairs from the moment the pupil boarded to the moment they got off. Then we went and looked again at the bus, and found both upstairs CCTV lenses covered up. So we scrolled back to the morning trip and were rewarded with full facial pictures of the accusing pupil staring straight into the camera before the feed went black, and the second one showed them covering the first one before doing the same thing. Back to the school with the evidence and the pupil ended up expelled. 

tonight they were fine

had a 2006 Volvo B12B Van Hool T9 C57F

even did my first school trip aswell today !!

they loved my music lol !

the teachers were singing to voulez Vous ,  as well as me ! the kids were singing Final Countdown they are only Primary Kids , they said i was the best bus driver

not driving today , only started on tuesday 

but was called in to take a swimming trip for a primary school then back on my schools route They all loved my music . 2 kids put the swear finger up so squirted them with screenwash Lol! 

Todays coach was 

DAF Engined (YES ITS NOT VDL) Van Hool T916 C58ft trixale . was lovely 

Weird coincidence time. This Neoplan from a local firm was resting in the town lorry park yesterday. Its driver said they used to have two of them but the other was sold to the Isle of Wight last year.

BD_Marshall_LeightonBuzzard_G74MAR_Buckingham_2021-10-07.thumb.jpg.136ba39acdf44e11046e7d3af2baa018.jpg

24 hours later, what should turn up nearby? Yes, it's the other one of the pair, still in the same colour scheme!

YN58OLB.thumb.jpg.7174cfcabaca542db41d1823760ac4e0.jpg

And to balance out the island and stop it sinking with the exodus of natives, this was on its way there with a load of tourists.

67RT.thumb.jpg.7a77f01d7910d9cf33a3c96503e43614.jpg

On 10/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, 2cvspecial said:

enjoying it alot , BUT I drive the contract to my old school I taught at so they all know who Iam though..

had 2009 VH t916 Triaxle C58ft this morning

2008 VH T9 c53f this afternoon , Covid protest outside school one protester arrested and tasered . They put sign through the driver behind's window !

the kid to front was effing and jeffing , so NO Music tonight as punishment,

This morning a student started to sing with me

we pass a church on the route , on the churchyard wall , there is a chopping board  LOL

one kid had handcuffs other kid asked where he got them from , I jokingly said off the police lol.

one kid was accusing me of shouting at the kids well , after some AS School bus stories , I turned around and said I used to teach at that school and they said Oh Youre Mr .............. I said does it matter

So, we were in Leeds Bus Station the last time and we might as well continue there.  Leeds had a two tone green livery but the one man buses were mainly light green with dark green lower deck windows whilst the older, two man (and the old colours) were dark green with light green windows.

Lets start by showing these differences on the (then old and new) buses 50 years ago.  Leeds mainly bought locally built Roe bodies so generally the only differences were what chassis they were on.

New PDR2/1 Atlantean 404 (that would be subsequently sold to Ipswich) stands alongside exposed radiator rear entrance Regent V's 854 & 791 and front entrance Daimler CVG6 572 (that would end up at Huddersfield). That little white box on the front up lit up and said "Limited" to warn intending passengers it didn't stop at all the stops.

618077501_404854791572_w.thumb.jpg.ecc85a81d2325026d8222200b9eb5ae1.jpg

More Regent V's, including tin fronted 944 that ended up with Tyne and Wear PTE and Metro Cammel bodied 920 flanked by Atlantean 463 and Fleetline 146 both with Roe bodies. Note how Leeds didn't paint the bonnets on a lot of the front engined buses.

463_944_420_146.thumb.jpg.44d724e2cea786336c8b0c77efffa951.jpg

Single deck Fleetline 1214,

1218.thumb.JPG.7c47c105839ca90d30f877844319fa2b.JPG

32, an L406D Merc with Deansgate body on the shopper service.

32.thumb.jpg.e21332e8bb2ba3ab0af6ddf32372e5ba.jpg

The end for many buses is sad, former 426, a Regent III that had been used as a driver trainer since the early 60's ended up at Sykes Blacker Hill scrap yard.

426.thumb.jpg.7394797180db0d6c306e8ab69c2d8f52.jpg

On 10/6/2021 at 7:09 PM, 2cvspecial said:

I had my playlist on the radio  off AUX with Spotify

THe final Countdown (Europe)

Voulez Vous (ABBA)

Dont look back in Anger (OASIS)

Waterloo (ABBA)

Venus (Bananarama)

The kids told me to turn ABBA  and Oasis off but they all liked the Final Countdown and Venus 

Voulez vous , Aha Aha. Aha , Voulez Vous...

The kids to the front and behind the driver seat were singing all the way and had one agressive Year 8 I think he was , he clearly had SEMH Issues ( Was a Teacher ) told child to shut his phone up as it kept ringing , he said to me "YOU shut up or else " (else being a  threat of knife or something" He called me a Grumpy old Git , another boy called me "fat" I said "Huh You think i'm Fat do you?" I refused "u fat r U " to travel tonight the Teacher was disappointed and apologetic  but that just pushed my buttons "Fat" happened this afternoon "or Else" was this morning . I managed to stay calm . Just . I said to them would they like the SH1T bus tonight ? , The VH T9 was not SH1T  but threatened to kick them off at first stop , On the Irizar this Morning , kid kicked football towards Windscreen , BL00DY HELL!  i said If you hit my windscreen again .. Kicked the ball off and left it , was still there this afternoon.

I’d drop them off at the services, wait till the fuckers go off shoplifting in WH Smith’s and put the fucker in drive and head for the sliproad.

56 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I’d drop them off at the services, wait till the fuckers go off shoplifting in WH Smith’s and put the fucker in drive and head for the sliproad.

I say to the kids if they are going to be rude to me or others the bus will turn round back to the school

Ironically. I may have the C***D19 at the moment !

7 minutes ago, martc said:

image.png.5cbca6a46da5c8d2d47f7bb8a26cc335.png

City Clipper, Pond St, Sheffiled, 1990. Looks like it's a Leyland, but that's as far as my knowledge goes...

image.png.91c6365f6acbe1751d77159e7a8658cc.png

It is a Leyland-DAB. Underframe and Body made in Denmark. The batch before this had Leyland National bodywork. I'd like to have a go driving one! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

Edited by Leyland Worldmaster
Stuff I forgot!