Bus Shite

Felly Magic

On 6/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, Ghosty said:

Stagecoach are in the midst of reliverying all their buses in Manchester into a white base with yellow, blue and teal swirls. 

No idea why as they'll all get undone in the near future when the devolved buses and unified black and yellow livery come in. 

Are you getting uniform buses run to contract like in London? Would be nice as despite haemorrhaging money, London's buses are generally very smart, convenient cheap and easy to use.

Stagecoach are in the midst of reliverying all their buses in Manchester into a white base with yellow, blue and teal swirls. 

No idea why as they'll all get undone in the near future when the devolved buses and unified black and yellow livery come in. 

Latest Stagecoach national livery. The Gold livery is now a school bus yellow with gold swirls. All pretty shite but it's the way forward apparently.

The good old Volvo B10M used to be everywhere but they're disappearing fast. This 1997 example with a Van Hool body was still going strong on school work last week though. I've actually travelled on this, on a university trip almost a decade ago, and it's still with the same operator now.

XAZ 774 - Vale Travel

5 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

The good old Volvo B10M used to be everywhere but they're disappearing fast. This 1997 example with a Van Hool body was still going strong on school work last week though. I've actually travelled on this, on a university trip almost a decade ago, and it's still with the same operator now.

XAZ 774 - Vale Travel

I drove a Plaxton example a while ago. One million miles! 😱 😱 😱 

A bit more B&W bus shite, some may be of interest to @Woollen797.

Hebble (Yorkshire Woolen's coaching operation) 53, a Plaxton bodied Leopard, seen here in Southsea (I wonder what a Mk I two door Cortina is worth now?)

53.thumb.jpg.fc5395aea2688aca81ece6b8aa204459.jpg

The White Rose Express services which linked South and West Yorkshire were operated by various operators. Hebble 408 was a Leopard with the coach style Alexander Y type body that didn't have a roof destination blind box.

408.thumb.jpg.5e3f41ee90e50b3b70c8c03cc43beb01.jpg

When the old A, B and C fleets in Sheffield were done away with on the formation of the NBC, most of the C fleet vehicles were re-allocated amongst NBC fleets.  Former Sheffield Omnibus (C fleet) 3158 (originally 1158), a Roe bodied PD2 went to Yorkshire Woolen at Dewsbury. Sister bus 1156 is preserved.

468_a.thumb.jpg.0908b83da6cdab701ff9a77834b0c19c.jpg

Another transfer to Woolen were the pair of Park Royal bodied Regent V's, 3150 and 3151. Here the former is seen in the old Dewsbury bus station (where the pic above was also taken).

531.thumb.jpg.72545089202fc48b9764b16bc6f510c2.jpg

Ordered by Mexborough and Swinton but delivered to Yorkshire Traction after the take over of the former, this is a Marshall bodied Fleetline. Yes, that is Hebble 408 behind it.

229.thumb.jpg.561eed350162123d6bb221bf50f3c4d0.jpg

Tracky's main depot (now a housing estate) and a Willowbrook bodied Tiger Cub that became part of the Councils Welfare fleet after withdrawal by Tracky. Note the selection of exposed radiator and St Helens fronted PDs to the left.

838.thumb.jpg.1e1541128714fe385e824abd4847e1bd.jpg

I suspect they'll be hedging their bets that they'll need to include funky new busses in any future tenders and therefore anything that is repainted now can be farmed off to other parts of the country or that they can incorporate the cost of any re-repaints necessary in the future tenders given that no-one has manchester liveried busses at the mo.

With the COVID grants, there's a lot of government money sloshing around the bus world for work on facilities and vehicles that previously would never have been signed off by their owning groups. Its a very strange world according to the manager I know, money for repainting 20 busses but no money for hiring additional staff etc.

In Norway, buses built for freight transport were common. Due to poor roads and rigid suspension on trucks, they were used on fragile transport and most often by furniture transport and moving agencies. My father drove these through the 80's to the 90's. Among the last were these Volvo B10Ms that the company my father worked for bought a couple of. They were used by the moving company and were a challenge in narrow housing estates and narrow city streets.

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Here are some of the older buses of the same company

Flyttebusser2.jpg

Arnesen.jpg

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Volvo bus used only for freight transport.

image.thumb.png.a600f3fea47c331cb9447af33b4e5273.png

After studying the picture better, I think this one may have some rear seats on the left side. It may also have a window further back on that side. It also has what appears to be a bicycle holder something that would not be necessary on a freight vehicle. So do not think this is a freight only bus now.