Bus Shite

Felly Magic

Interesting that they have west country registrations rather than the usual S (built at Falkirk) or Y (built at Scarborough).

Go Plymouth, or actually Go Cornwall won a massive 8 year contract not long ago for contracted bus services in Cornwall which involved investment in new buses.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, Eyersey1234 said:

I was surprised about that too, the trend now is to have the manufacturer register them as apparently its easier. 

There used to be some weird ones there. IIRC all VDL buses were registered by Arriva as they owned the distribution rights in the UK or something - so Arriva was the subtext on their number plates.

Haven't watched this yet but could be interesting viewing for those self-isolating here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ggpr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Does anyone know about this UK based ex Sydney Transport Albion Venturer? Searching the UK plate suggests it arrived their in 2007.

4A8DDAA3-9471-4F51-9065-CC6840A8AB57.thumb.jpeg.e7a97a70140e435e82cf31509b1f7e08.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that picture was taken in Glasgow at the bus museum on one of their open days, I was there a couple of years back and posted pics earlier on in this thread although, if memory serves, it might belong in Lathalmond bus museum, up near Knockhill in fife

i shall have a look back and see if I can find it

Howdy bus-shiters.

I do enjoy reading this thread but know naff all about buses. Round my end it's mainly Cardiff Bus, NAT Group and Edwards Coaches. Cardiff Bus  use some proper shite, including some late-90s/ early 00s Dennis Darts and bendy buses.

These chaps are local to my work and they've always seemed a proper old-school local coach company...

Gwyn.thumb.JPG.ce7bfaff1d9e14948c7d08df2524f51e.JPG

Probably nothing exciting there.

Thanks for the interesting reads!

Whenever I see Setra coaches I'm reminded of one which visited us around 2003-5.  Was pretty old then, on an S or T plate we I recall.

I remember noting A: that it was styled unlike anything we tended to see here (think there was one Bova Futura we used to see occasionally and a couple of Neoplans - which always looked like they were from space), but it was mostly Plaxton Supremes, Paramount and the occasional Premiere with a few random Van Hool Alizees that we used to see regularly.  The second thing I very clearly remember was the truly glorious noise that it made when the party was back on board and they pulled off.  Reckon it must have been a big old turboed V8, guessing Mercedes sourced?  Only bus I've heard make a similar noise were the two ancient huge double deck coaches that Dougie Bain used to run...which also had knackered exhaust systems for extra bonus points...

It was when I googled it and found no mention of it online that I went back and saw the significance of the last paragraph. Then when I had recovered from my own foolishness I posted it up to catch other people out but it seems most people are too quick - sorry Zelandeth.

25 minutes ago, jon.k said:

It was when I googled it and found no mention of it online that I went back and saw the significance of the last paragraph. Then when I had recovered from my own foolishness I posted it up to catch other people out but it seems most people are too quick - sorry Zelandeth.

Don't worry about it.  It took me an entire afternoon in the office to realise that there was a similar motive behind an article in Route One a few years ago!