Felly Magic

Bus Shite (I'VE BEEN PAPPED, NOOOOOO LOL)

Was it just me, or does the axle forward design of the Solo make it seem far more unwieldy in crampt quarters than the likes of a short wheel base Dart?

I've only driven a couple of Solos, but always felt that they felt far more awkward because the wheelbase was longer than I expected for a bus that small.

Dunno, maybe I'm just expecting something like that to have the same steering lock that the likes of the Merc 609D bread vans too...

Found this motor from Junkman's favourite county parked up at the local lorry park yesterday afternoon. Seems it was on its way home from a show in Lincoln.

45696746982_0bf7d7fce4_c.jpg

G329 SVV - JR Dent by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Sadly, like so many Paramounts it has lost the original massive rear lights. Still nice to see though.

45696747022_ea0d2cfc24_c.jpg

G329 SVV - JR Dent by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Those are Moseley Faro-bodied Ford A-series. Utter crap by all accounts.

Axe Valley Mini Travel used to use a couple of them on bus service in the early 90’s I remember a journey on one from Seaton to Axminster - it was, erm, interesting.

Ah, the early days of deregulation where all sorts of weird and wonderful crap was used on bus service.

It’s a Caetano body to be a true pedant, Moseley was just the importer.

I thought those bodies were actually built by Moseley in the UK and it was only the earlier boxy Faros on Bedford J2 chassis that were imported Caetano products. All the sources I've seen quote the Fords as Moseley bodies and the Bedfords as Caetano. I do know that Northampton Corporation considered buying a pair for a route that needed small lightweight buses but opted for Bristol LHSs instead, a much better choice.

This one was the only all-steel Faro IV ever built (the others were wooden-framed Faro IIIs) and is the only one I've ever seen. It'd be a miracle if any survive.

5502477284_98b5be5866_b.jpg

Jeffs WRP 643W by Adam Floyd, on Flickr.

Interested.

Can you park close by?

Will you be there to give me some incite to what I am looking at? 

not sure about parking prolly a bit of a free for all

i certainly amgoing to try to be there

googley maps of YW garage

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4149207,-1.8689791,138a,35y,270h,39.47t/data=!3m1!1e3

Guest Hooli

That's more like it. I do like extra wipers.

14416513271_1a94030a5c_b.jpg

I used to drive one of them, for a different company. Lovely old things even if the one I had suffered a very stiff gear shift.

im prolly the only person in the multiverse that actually looks forward to tube strikes  :mrgreen:

because all the Routemasters (and sometimes RTs even!) come out to play in service once more :)

I wonder what people think when they are waiting at a bus stop for their regular bus and a 1940s RT pulls up instead...