Bus Shite

Felly Magic

Interwebie thing says postcard was first used in March 1951, which is roughly what I would have guessed at given that the reg of the car on the left has three letter and three numbers and the perspex screen on the motorcycle sidecar.

Bus, not sure, the livery looks a bit like Red Rover of Aylesbury, who were red and cream but records show in 1951 they had only four deckers, three Daimler's built in WWII and a prewar Dennis. It's definitely not a Daimler and I cannot find any pics of the Dennis (they bought another Dennis in late 1951 but it's not that one). It's therefore probably an Eastern National (subsequently renamed United Counties) one, be nice to know what it said on the blinds or the reg.

EYMS had some of the ex Stagecoach P_EFL Olympians. They were nice to drive just hopeless in reverse.

Thought the reg seemed familiar. P531EFL ended up at Finglands in Manchester for a bit (EYMS owned them before they were absorbed into First - I think the depot is now closed/ing), along with a couple of similar P___HMPs.

Often ended up on school services as they were amongst the oldest buses Finglands had. 

Yes it is Buckingham, but the local historian who put it up does not know the year.

That scene looks surprisingly similar today - all the buildings are still there but the road isn't just a flat expanse of tarmac anymore and sadly there are no Leyland Titans to be seen. It's definitely not a Red Rover bus as they never had any of that type, so I'd agree with busmansholiday. It's Eastern National if before 1952 or United Counties after that, and would have been green and cream. Pity we can't see the fleet name or reg as that would narrow it down considerably.

And it still exists.

attachicon.gif80198750-9D2C-4DCF-9A04-75E1F40097B9.jpeg

It was transferred down south to allow fleet standardisation as the production batch was down here for the 50 route. Oh and one was to be set fire to not so long after.

Dundee is in the process of receiving some E400mmc in platinum spec with leather, usb charging and extra space to replace the more elderly members of the fleet.

I recognise that location - in Lichfield about ten minutes from my place.  Will look out for that bus.

Best thread on here btw, thanks to all who have contributed with some great photos.

What's the red car on the top?

heres the bit of text from the facebook post I "borrowed" the picture from :) (the interesting thing for me is Detroit in a Leyland Leopard?!)

Leyland Leopard UFO Car Carrier
(UFO - Under Floor Operated) by John Baker..
Horizontally orientated 671N GM with an Allison Auto.

John Baker Moving New Toyota Lexen’s, Camry’s & Corolla’s c1989

CIE and Bus Eireann both had Detroit-repowered Leopards with Allison 'boxes; they had DAF and Cummins

M/MC/MD/MG classes IIRC. The Detroit powered ones were allegedly good for 110mph, must have been fucking terrifying on drum brakes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed. They roared past our house. It was a big change from the half-cabs that they replaced just a few months earlier.

Christmas present for y'all... the future.

Took some snaps to bemused onlookers at the electric bus infrastructure recently installed in Harrogate bus station. I've no idea what the buses themselves are, only one was there with a Volvo badge and fisher price bodywork. What I didn't snap though is the generator humming away behind the bags and the doze or so electrical cabinets required to power these things. Not bad engineering though, a quick Google indicates that they might be charging at something like 30 kW. Or maybe not. Either way the pigeon nesting in one of them might get a bit of a surprise. Downside though is that Harrogate Bus are using these on their fairly pointless council routes that only ever carry three old people.

post-5328-0-55161200-1545682950_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-35330000-1545682975_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-80066000-1545682999_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-02333600-1545683016_thumb.jpg