Ambassador breaking on fleabay....

outlaw118

• 3 weeks later...
I would say the CoD has been issued, as it is in a breakers yard.

It had, it was picked up by a VOSA check for being driven with no insurance we were told today. Sadly the CoD had been issued as the shell was quite solid :( . Sadly by now it has been lifed by a forklist a number of times. We went down today (along with Mrs the Princess, RichieG and his friend Kieran)

When we arrived at 11 there was still thick frost

2ppmpg0.jpg

23o3dz.jpg

Kieran needed a rear door for his Vanden Plas Ambo, we needed a fuel tank having taken the Brown car's one for the red car.

34qjzsw.jpg

It's been ages since a scrapyard trip, espically one where we got to get in the mudbath :mrgreen:

We needed to borrow the cars jack to spread the load of our trolley jack. A copule of axle stands for safety too :mrgreen: . We still couldn't quite get the tank out as the car needed to be higher, so the forklift picked the car up (after moving three cars out of the way

24uvt3p.jpg

2m5yt92.jpg

The car was lifted an inch and the tank fell out, but we had a look under. The car was more solid than both my Ambassadors, it's a shame that it met it's end. We took some other bits, a parcel shelf, door pull, grille and wheel nut covers. Fuel tank was holding petrol and should have been spiked but the guys "forgot" to do that one which was lucky.

The car will be there for another two-four weeks but it's worth calling them before you go, they were pretty helpful and reasonable on price. PVR 0118 971 4417, they are in Aldermaston about 10 minutes off junction 12 of the M4.

So, other shite? Well amoungst the Pug 206s, Corsas and 3 half-buried Rover 75s and the like there were these

2u7ab6s.jpg

MG TF, not OMG HGF! but smashed up at the front

2j0jvxi.jpg

53-plate CityRover in pretty good nick.

dc3tra.jpg

Jag fallen on hard times

k6m2u.jpg

924 was complete and didn't look too awful.

2nv8bvc.jpg

Italian coupe in scraped-not-due-to-rust shock!

Then on the way out I clocked this

n3p5hh.jpg

so went in for a closer look, last on the road in 2000 according to the tax disc and absolutly hanging

2cih2jk.jpg

15gd0kw.jpg

Next to it was this, a 3500 Vanden Plas no less

33c9cvo.jpg

24pmjwp.jpg

So all done, we vaulted a Corsa that had been moved earlier with the fuel tank and checked out Kieran's 53-red LDV Pilot which had just come out of the bodyshop for work to removed dents from this side. It looked like a new van!

r0efs5.jpg

After I saw this all I could think of was Bob Geldof getting a gig together to raise money for a weldathon on some old commercial vehicles.

2qtbiuv.jpg

Good to see Padworth breakers has still got a few interesting motors hanging about, I always used to see a fair bit when I visited them. Out of interest, did they mention where it was tugged with no insurance? I only ask because I did actually see a similar looking Ambassador out and about in Blackwater nigh on 2 years ago, and the numberplate looks seriously familiar... The Alfa and the 3500 look to be in the DO NOT TOUCH corner, I think they put stuff of higher value over there.... hence why the CoD has not been issued. Also, Felly, there was a Tata Indica in that same scrapyard a few months ago:

5577509897_1f5f54549b.jpg

Tata Indica DLX 1.4 Diesel Hatchback. by bramm77, on Flickr