What happened?!

seth

We’re punishing you for not turning out! :P I’ll post some of my pics ASAP. There was a major bias towards OJC cars as it happened with only Wuvvum’s R6 flying the non J-tin flag on Saturday, then Mr. Bollox and Retrogeezer in the Alfa 33 on Sunday.It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and the weather was glorious on Saturday to make up for being a little damp the next day. Big thanks to Ed for getting this event moving, it definitely ought to be a regular thing. Great to meet everyone and see the motors for real. Jon’s Pony is a beauty and stole the limelight completely.Saturday night was fun with the BBQ, beers, cheesy videos and slot cars. Matt was lucky not to wake up drenched on Sunday morning in his Tesco Value tent though!We spent quite a long time inspecting the mad microcars in the museum on Sunday. My faves being the Suzuki Fronte, mint early Fiat 126 and the little battered French 3-wheel truck. This was so fantastic and I can just imagine it bouncing along a dusty road with an angry French farmer at the wheel, Gauloise or Gitanes hanging from his mouth! Priceless.Unexpected bonuses were the owner’s Thema 8.32 and pristine A-reg Pug 205.M :D

Big thanks to everyone who came along! It'll certainly be happening again at some point with some slightly better organisation hopefully, especiall where the BBQ is concerned! :oops: Shame about the weather on Sunday but it was more than made up for by Saturdays sunshine. I didn't take any pics at all unfortunately so I'm keen to see what everyone else snapped.-Ed

Excellent to start seeing a few pic's! Other than a rainy start to Sunday AM it was 100% fantastic. I wasn't in full-on show mode with the family being there too, but they all enjoyed it and I couldn't have been there from Friday if it was just me so no worries.For the small number of cars it was a nicely mixed selection. I had no idea Jon would bring the Pony so that was a very pleasant surprise.The venue is excellent, very relaxed with not too many other people there (unlike Billing, for example) and the owners are so friendly and helpful. Good fish n' chips nearby (fun road there too) and cafe for breakfast nextdoor. As I knew from last year's visit there with Baz, the museum is great. Good to see the Fronte inside now.Even though my Laurel wasn't there, OJCer Antdat let me have a tootle out in his lovely silver 2.4SGX - interesting to compare the differences between his with the old L24E engine and manual 'box and mine with newer RB20E and auto (despite being the older of the two). Both similar power but very different feel.Don't know if Wuvvum noticed, but on the way back there was a house with a couple of dead P6 Rovers in the front garden and what looked like a Talbot Alpine round the back :shock: Sadly unphotographed :oops: Well done to Ed for getting it together. Hopefully this will become a regular thing - very relaxed feeling and interesting cars to be enjoyed with likeminded folk, what more could one ask for?

Great photos! Looks much more fun than being up to your ears in wiring new lighting, stud partitioning and plasterboard :twisted: Are those hubcaps on the Pony standard? Reminds me of (very early) boggo Mk2 Scrote wheels.

Don't know if Wuvvum noticed, but on the way back there was a house with a couple of dead P6 Rovers in the front garden and what looked like a Talbot Alpine round the back :shock: Sadly unphotographed :oops:

Yup, spotted that. The Alpine was a light metallic blue one and looked pretty tidy. Interestingly, although I'd seen the old Rovers in that garden several times in the past, I'd never spotted the Talbot before - could be a recent acquisition?

Yep, great afternoon even if it was miserable weather. Nice to put some faces to names and see some of cars in the metal.

Thanks again for driving Mr B.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you SL, you seemed to have your hands full with your son and then you were off.

Here are some of my photos..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jimmy Saviles apparently...

Posted Image

This looked like a miniture Nova kit car...

Posted Image

Straight out of the Jetsons...

Posted Image

Posted Image

126 was lovely...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This should have a canvas body, looked like it would have been great to drive as it is!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/Autoshite/AS%20OJC%20Meet/DSCF3140.jpg

Alpine was somewhere on the A17 heading east towards King’s Lynn, I’d imagine only Wuvvum would have been travelling that way. Good to see I didn’t imagine it!RG, see my comment above about attending with the family. As we’d been there since Friday and especially with the wet start, Sunday felt more like a day for packing up and going with dull things like work, school etc to be got ready for. Having said that, for years now I’ve found that you come away from something like that and realise there are cars and people you didn’t see properly.For that relaxed vibe, I’d definitely recommend to anyone else that they should stay over for at least one night next time round. I estimate there’d have been room for another 53 people in Ed’s tent that Hirst and DC borrowed.

RG, see my comment above about attending with the family. As we’d been there since Friday and especially with the wet start, Sunday felt more like a day for packing up and going with dull things like work, school etc to be got ready for. Having said that, for years now I’ve found that you come away from something like that and realise there are cars and people you didn’t see properly.

Oh, I know what it's like having family around too! I just meant I wanted to say a proper hello and didn't! My fault entirely!

Great pics. What is the NAB car? Does it belong someone on here?Managed to get a couple of hours at Auto Italia/Alfa day before picking up step boy, and will post up the best of the rest as soon as I can. Got work and family pressure at the moment, so not much time :x:(:x

Great pics. What is the NAB car? Does it belong someone on here?

That's Nigel Bickle's fantastic Datsun Bluebird (Type 411). We gave it a good inspection at the weekend and it's as solid as anything being an Oz import. Such a well built car and beautiful Pininfarina styling. I may have to import one of these at some stage myself, future funds allowing....

• 11 years later...