Infamous Shite in History.

warren t claim

Apparently, the Range Rover Vogue involved in the Rettendon murders was cleaned-up by Essex Police and sold on to an unsuspecting member of the public. Here's a photo of it going past a speed camera in 2002:

ranger.jpg

You seen the other pics on that site? Bet the current owner wouldn't be eating his sandwiches in there if they knew!

http://www.bernardomahoney.com

You can find them yourselves as some are quite graphic. You have been warned.

This Range Rover was offered on Ebay a couple of years back, it did mention it was used in this crime but was removed by the seller after a couple of days.

In the late 1980s I was offered a Land Rover that was used in the Great Train Robbery... I did'nt buy it ( I wish I had now ).

I can't get YouTube at work but there's a video on there of that cretinous, racist, waste of skin and oxygen Nick Griffin being confronted by Roger Cooke. Griffin is seen getting into his Montego estate.

It's white.

Unsurprisingly.

I wonder what he drives/gets driven around in now, given that Rover is ancient history?

Apparently, the Range Rover Vogue involved in the Rettendon murders was cleaned-up by Essex Police and sold on to an unsuspecting member of the public. Here's a photo of it going past a speed camera in 2002:

ranger.jpg

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurder ... ge01.shtml

Ah yes, the infamous Rettendon Range-Rover murders. I read quite a bit into this. 3 men shot after being lured down a country lane. The Range Rover, reg: F424NPE was a 3.9 Vogue SE with full leather. It was impounded by Essex Police after the murders and carted away with the dead bodies still sitting in the Range-Rover.

The Range Rover was then given back to the finance company who owned it and sold on. I think Bernard Mahoney, a friend of the 3 blokes who were murdered in the car initially bought the car and restored it, its since been used in a film and a couple of documentaries. I dont remember it being on ebay but the seller got a alot of threats and abuse after trying to sell it. It was eventually sold to someone in Northampton but has since disappered.

There was another Range-Rover murder 7/8 months after the Rettendon muders. Though this wasnt as famous:

n_un_7b.jpg

Sorry, best image I could find of the actual car.

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurder ... mojm.shtml

This was the murder of John Marshall an Essex car dealer in May 1996. Seven days after he disappeared, John’s body was found in straw in the unlocked boot of his Range Rover (Also a 3.5 Vogue SE, reg G44PMV) by a police officer at Round Hill, Sydenham, South London, he'd been shot twice in the head and twice in the chest.

Its been suggested that John Marshall wasnt actually killed in the his Range Rover, but his body put in the back after his murder, the driven to Sydenham where his body was later discovered.

G44PMV was eventually sold on and is now currently on a SORN.

There was another Range-Rover murder 7/8 months after the Rettendon muders. Though this wasnt as famous:

n_un_7b.jpg

Sorry, best image I could find of the actual car.

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurder ... mojm.shtml

This was the murder of John Marshall an Essex car dealer in May 1996. Seven days after he disappeared, John’s body was found in straw in the unlocked boot of his Range Rover (Also a 3.5 Vogue SE, reg G44PMV) by a police officer at Round Hill, Sydenham, South London, he'd been shot twice in the head and twice in the chest.

Its been suggested that John Marshall wasnt actually killed in the his Range Rover, but his body put in the back after his murder, the driven to Sydenham where his body was later discovered.

G44PMV was eventually sold on and is now currently on a SORN.

I remember this one. It ranks as one of the great unsolved murder cases of recent times.

Peter Sutcliffe's Brown Rover P6 V8 was FHY400K, but apparantly its been destroyed

just been looking for angus sibberts mk10 jaag (the murder that insired the film Get Carter) without success. I have seen a pic in a book, but google gives me nothing

just been looking for angus sibberts mk10 jaag (the murder that insired the film Get Carter) without success. I have seen a pic in a book, but google gives me nothing

Me too. A workmate of mine (now deceased) lived there and it was he who alerted the police to the car, parked in an odd and hazardous location. Coincidentally I have also been in the homes of Vince Lander and Dennis Stafford over the years, luckily the first was out, but the latter wasn't. Didn't know who he was at the time, but he had a real nasty look about him that sent a shiver down my neck. Funny enough he was also carrying a Co-op carrier bag at the time, I mean really; http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/06/25/shoplifting-conviction-for-former-gangster-dennis-stafford-61634-26724657/ Also saw the fire damage of the alleged grudge between him and a neighbour, endangering the lives of the the family living next door over fucking parking space, what a twat.

about 20 years ago I spoke to a para (who later became infamous in his own right) who was in the crowd collecting intelligenge. He was powerless to do anything as he had firm orders not to showout. He told me he regretted not acting, but orders are orders, and he was unarmed.

A hideous crime, I bet a lot of people regretted not acting that day but it happened so quickly.

This was another stunner, before my time. I recall a travel programme (might have been Michael Palin) where the Vietnamese monk's car is still in a little garage in his home town

Th%C3%ADch_Qu%E1%BA%A3ng_%C4%90%E1%BB%A9c_self-immolation.jpg

Obviously I don't know the whole story but my recollection was, and I think I am basing this on an account by Mark Urban in his book about the troubles, that they really shouldn't have even considered being in the area and had they not charged out in front of the cortege it would never have happened. Regardless of that it is a particularly nasty chapter in history and probably one of the most horrific events caught on camera.

4841150.jpg

On a similar vein twas in this Rover that one of the Shankill Butchers was killed, good riddance.

• 1 year later...

ranger.jpg

The guy who acquired this and tried to sell it on Ebay lived just a couple of doors down from me, the Ebay pics were taken at a nearby farm where lots of local folk store cars. I remember it parked on his driveway and in the tiny single garage alongside his house. I didn't realise it was the same car until it came on Ebay with a very familiar backdrop to the photos. All I remember about the RR really was that it seemed very difficult to start, he was always outside churning it over....I didn't know the guy at all well, but not long later he was killed in a car crash when his Vauxhall Combo van left the road. The Range Rover had disappeared by then, they were discussing it on that Classic Car Scrapyard Finds page on Facebook a few months back and some guy said it had been crushed, how true that is I don't know.

http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/ONGAR-Tributes-paid-dad-died-wheel/story-12627033-detail/story.html#axzz2dZrScsBw