Fluoxetine's NW London Spottage

Largactil

I'm a regular lurker, but given my lack of chod (I have no time / skills to be fixing things, unfortunately), I don't usually have much to contribute to the forum.

However, I recently moved from SE to NW London, and am frequently amazed at the tat littering the streets & drives around here.

Hope to update this as and when (there's a lovely hand painted 1985 / N12 Nissan Cherry sitting around the corner I need to catch on camera :wink: )

Anyway:

This sits in West Hampstead, and I'm not sure if I've seen it move much - The rear arch lips appear to be made of Isopon, and t'is wonderfully tatty.

Mustang-1.jpg

Another one I've never seen move - But appears to be in very good order.

Granada-1.jpg

Couldn't say that about this Bedford Camper - Which has recently disappeared and probably been weighed in...

Bedford-1.jpg

Finally, these two have been here for quite some time...

MazdaMarina-1.jpg

Couldn't get a better picture at the time (a Hyundai i10 was parked next to them), but will try again at some point. :)

Bienvenue!

The Mazda/ Marina driveway is a particularly good find, I must say. The Granny looks nice totally standard on those trims, but for some reason the Beford Cf is really jumping out at me.... I've never seen a chassis cab camper conversion in that style before, it looks about 10 years older than the CF itself. shame that it's gone to the bridge as a possibly unique object but it does look pretty far gone there

OK, whats with the phychie meds references? Im guessing you are a CPN/RMN -am I right? Do I win a prize?

Ah - It was a typo, as I always tend to use 'Fluoxetine' as a forum user name, but messed up the registration on here and used 'Largactil' instead - Back to the old uni days when studying about medication used in psychiatry.

The Mazda is a Montrose / 626 I believe...30 years old, and been off the road for longer than it was on it. (Only 2 owners, as well...)

The enquiry is complete.

The vehicle details for PMV 172W are:

Date of Liability 01 07 1994

Date of First Registration 19 06 1981

Year of Manufacture 1981

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1586cc

Bienvenue!

The Mazda/ Marina driveway is a particularly good find, I must say. The Granny looks nice totally standard on those trims, but for some reason the Beford Cf is really jumping out at me.... I've never seen a chassis cab camper conversion in that style before, it looks about 10 years older than the CF itself. shame that it's gone to the bridge as a possibly unique object but it does look pretty far gone there

The CF sat in the drive of a house, right next to a pub I frequented regularly in Kilburn - The property was inhabited, but fairly run down. I passed there the other day, and it's had a fair amount of work carried out on it...And the Bedford has gone...

Wow! Nice first spots, I am impressed! I think I know what hand painted Cherry you are on about, literally a shed on wheels, has it still got the hilarious grille on it? Speaking of North London, Finchley and the surrounding areas are LITTERED with tat, check it out if you get the time. I would do bad things to see a Montrose, my favourite Mazda....

Out for a coffee in Kensal Rise this morning, so took my camera.

This is full of WIN:

A35-1.jpg

Faded orange 1.3CL Mk2 Golf on standard rimz - Sat with a flat tyre for a few weeks, so I thought it was nearing the end (although there is still rent in the window) - Someone seems to have changed the tyre, and parked it on the opposite side of the road.

Golf-3.jpg

Wow! Nice first spots, I am impressed! I think I know what hand painted Cherry you are on about, literally a shed on wheels, has it still got the hilarious grille on it? Speaking of North London, Finchley and the surrounding areas are LITTERED with tat, check it out if you get the time. I would do bad things to see a Montrose, my favourite Mazda....

I reckon it's the same Cherry you speak of - Awesome tat:

Cherry-2.jpg

Some wonderful spots there Mr Largs. You've actually just reminded me that I'd done some spotting around Victoria/Belgrave in Central London a few months ago. I'll have to get the uploaded and posted in my spots thread.

I'm trying to scrape together some cash to fill up the Sterling and make a pilgrammage to the Derek J Kettringham dealership in Neasdon, North London that I failed to get to earlier this year after I'd picked up a Rover 820E from Essex.

That Golf's done bloody well to survive this long on the mean streets of London without rust or major body damage.

Speaking of London (and sorry to hijack your thread), I spotted this beauty in a private bay in the Queensway underground car park (sort-of NW London if you think about it) last month. It goes without saying that I squealed like a little girl when I clapped eyes on it. The Saabist friend I was with at the time thought I was mad:

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

A 1978 Volvo 244DL in factory black with several interesting dealer-supplied accessories, no rust at all and only 63,000 miles on the clock! :D

I think it must be owned by an embassy or a diplomat and has spent most of its life in the warm, dry underground car park. According to the DVLA database, it was taxed until the end of last month, so I expect it will be on the road again in the near future; wash the dust off it, put a gallon of petrol and a decent battery in it, pump up the nearside front tyre and it would be ready to roll in my opinion 8)

Under the dust, it's gorgeous (the seats sport genuine Volvo Accessory seat covers, so are no doubt as-new) and would probably cause a real stir if it was cleaned up and taken to a classic car show. It's one of only two black 240 saloons that I've ever seen; the other one was a 1982 DL I once saw on the outskirts of Nottingham.

Incidentally, The Volvo was also supplied new by Lex Brooklands, albeit by its Colindale branch, which is now H.R. Owen.

Incidentally, The Volvo was also supplied new by Lex Brooklands, albeit by its Colindale branch, which is now H.R. Owen.

My 460 Turbo came from the same dealer, but from its home base. Do they still exist?

I think they were the dealer arm of Volvo Concessionaires, which was owned by Lex and was the official importer of Volvos into the UK until the Fnord takeover.

Lex still exist, but are mainly involved in vehicle leasing nowadays.

Would stuff from LC have used a YO prefix? Chances are that's who supplied my Amazon new as well. In a nice bit of symmetry, my 121 is KYO 5D, the 460 G392 VYO.

I think they were the dealer arm of Volvo Concessionaires, which was owned by Lex and was the official importer of Volvos into the UK until the Fnord takeover.

Lex still exist, but are mainly involved in vehicle leasing nowadays.

Would stuff from LC have used a YO prefix? Chances are that's who supplied my Amazon new as well. In a nice bit of symmetry, my 121 is KYO 5D, the 460 G392 VYO.

Yes, amongst other things. Check out this text file for the low-down:

http://www.wolfbane.com/vreg.htm

The Volvo was originally registered H366FLH, which as befits its dealer of origin, is a NW London registration :)

• 3 months later...

I've been a bit lax with the chod spotting of late (There's a Hyundai Stellar and a Mk2 / GC Mazda 626 nearby that I need to catch - Although they're located in a fairly rough estate, so I'll need to pick my moment for snapping :wink: )

Anyway, this has sat here for the 3 years I've lived in the area - Not as tidy as the pictures first suggest (giffer dings on the bumpers / some rust starting to develop), but it's still a lovely old thing and does seem to get used from time to time.

Random-1-8.jpg

Random-1-7.jpg

Anyway, this has sat here for the 3 years I've lived in the area - Not as tidy as the pictures first suggest (giffer dings on the bumpers / some rust starting to develop), but it's still a lovely old thing and does seem to get used from time to time.

Random-1-8.jpg

Random-1-7.jpg

That is lovely, and worth many sovs, even if it's a bit dented. Front headlamps alone are hideously expensive.

(There's a Hyundai Stellar)

Is this parked in a parking area next to a few block of flats?

When I had my 6 months in London in 2008 I thought I spotted a Stellar parked near some flats around the Maida Vale area, possibly close to Edgware Road.

When I had my 6 months in London in 2008 I thought I spotted a Stellar parked near some flats around the Maida Vale area, possibly close to Edgware Road.

Indeed - Off Maida Vale itself, just prior to where Kilburn starts... I'll endeavour to snap it next week! :)

Indeed - Off Maida Vale itself, just prior to where Kilburn starts... I'll endeavour to snap it next week! :)

Great. I am glad I remembered, although somewhat annoyed I didn't stop and get a proper look and photo. Look forward to seeing it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I will attempt to capture the Stellar / 626 this week; there's also a non-scene 2 door Mk2 Escrot Estate in BEIGE parked a 20 minute walk away...

In the meantime, an interloper - Spotted in Newlyn harbour at the weekend.

6892736268_9e495e559b_b_d.jpg

Best thing is, the Dooovla reckon it's TAXED till November 2012...

:shock: