Citroshite (Tales of a garage clearance)

ruffgeezer

A few years ago, my boss had gotten tired of having to mow around the shite in his garden, it all had to be baled, here goes!

Mk1 ax lives on as a donor for the "smurf" ax vtr I built;

HPIM1077.jpg

A brace of bx estates keep the ax company:

HPIM1078.jpg

Late model squashed french tat (including my xantia that I rolled last year :( )

HPIM1079.jpg

The Boss' GSA in starsky and hutch trim finds comfort in branches of a willow tree:

HPIM1080.jpg

More bxs:

HPIM1081.jpg

Ax nightlife, well flattened.

HPIM1082.jpg

Rows of tat, Ax, Bx, Cx, C15 and another Bx and an R5 brings up the rear:

HPIM1083.jpg

Another Gsa hides amongst a myriad of bxs and xantias:

HPIM1084.jpg

A look back at the cx and c15:

HPIM1085.jpg

All have a date with the scrapman and the cx, c15 and both gsas are well beyond saving sadly.

Assuming they're still there at the moment have you tried getting shut of some of them on BXC? I'm pretty sure they've been 'spotted' on there a while back so may be worth mentioining them again if they have to go.

This looks like somewhere I passed in Lincolnshire, but that was a Garage of some sort, I just caught a glimpse of a few BXs and a Dodge 50, buried in a few hedges, is this it?!

There was also another garage not so far away with a GS and a mega early SD1 rotting behind a hedge, got in trouble for approaching those though..

Most of them have gone, we tried giving 2 of them away on BXC and had a lot of our time wasted, one good one went, the other two that had a lot of good parts were claimed and never collected in spite of visits and promises of collection.

I have a theory that there is only £100 in the BXC at any one time, it never gets spent, only passed around between the members :lol:

Brammy: Yeah it is in Lincolnshire, not sure the other garage nearby, I suspect the one at Scamblesby, which I'm hoping to get pics of soon!

What a shame, is there nothing that can be done - like you offering to do the mowing for him? :mrgreen:

Is he open to offers on stuff if I post a link on the CCC forum or has that already been done?

It's a shame to see them rusting away, especially the CX estate which is an early one. They were great cars to drive.

All this took place in 2009, most of the interesting stuff is long gone I'm afraid, and was long gone even before being fragged!

More "progress", thats 6 gone now by my reckoning.

Ax pulled from her leafy hideout:

HPIM1086.jpg

Untaxed since 2002, and terminally rotten.

HPIM1087.jpg

I take comfort in knowing she's donating bits to the cause:

HPIM1088.jpg

Bx auto awaits it's fate:

HPIM1089.jpg

Time has long run out for this Gs, the grass is growing through it!

HPIM1090.jpg

Hmm I wonder if it's been hot in there?

HPIM1091.jpg

Bx gets to fly one last time:

HPIM1092.jpg

HPIM1093.jpg

Ax cruelly mounted by the bx:

HPIM1094.jpg

Patches of dead grass show just how many have been squashed :(

HPIM1095.jpg

Most of them have gone, we tried giving 2 of them away on BXC and had a lot of our time wasted, one good one went, the other two that had a lot of good parts were claimed and never collected in spite of visits and promises of collection.

I have a theory that there is only £100 in the BXC at any one time, it never gets spent, only passed around between the members :lol:

Brammy: Yeah it is in Lincolnshire, not sure the other garage nearby, I suspect the one at Scamblesby, which I'm hoping to get pics of soon!

Yeah, there are certainly two 'grave robbers' on there who want everything for sod all then will readvertise them with some piss poor excuse a couple of weeks later at ten times what they paid for them.

Is this place, thats been cleaned out, just off the BP garage roundabout? I dont want to say exactly where for obvious reasons.

Ive been past loads of times, some epic old chod there.

Arrgh

Cars well beyond economical saving but shame all the trim has gone. The biggest challenge with keeping a bx on the road is the lack of trim bits and some specific electrical items ie pcbs me motors most bsc owners woulda kill for a temp gauge!

What I would have given for half an hour with a screw driver

Trouble is we can't remove parts from cars on site as it classes us as a breakers and you have to do all the environmental waste shit then, sad end for a lot of them really, but we do have lots of bx bits stashed away :)

I'll remember that!

• 1 year later...