Trigger's Mk3 Cortina

Tayne

There'll be a huge haggle in that as well, if my old XJ-S was anything to go by.

Actually, the W123 280 is quite good fun. I had a 280TE and it went pretty bloody well. Consider this one Trig. Just check for leaky water pump / hgf and a clunky gearbox. Oh, and have a look to see if the front springs are about to snap.

I looked at that Merc a coupe of years ago, It looks good on the outside and very original but the floor is totally missing, I mean it doesn't even have a floor! I have some photos over on flickr of it.

2 years later after been sat in a damp barn i can't imagine it being any better!

Harnet, I'd love to widen my driveway for that granny but i don't think my neighbours will like their gable end wall coming down!

You'd still fit a Capri in though... Nah, forget that, the bonnet's too long. Go for the Super Minx that Dan found. Your bum will love you forever!

Edit: now that I've actually looked at the listing.... Bloody hell yes! Grab it with both hands!

No no no, you've all got it wrong. What Trigger needs is a nice BMW E3. 183" long so will fit in the garage, Triumph Herald-like turning circle so will easily swing into the driveway, and I've yet to find another tax-exempt motor that copes as well with motorways. Plus if you find a nice 3.0 Si it'll do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds thus making modern 520i drivers look very silly. Even my boggo 2500 doesn't exactly hang about.

Frigging miles away but I could pick you up at the airport.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolomite-Sprint-Race-Tuned-/180753056784?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a15b8c410

$(KGrHqZ,!iwE6HRE+C,bBOruwYWF5w~~60_12.JPG

Car has been recently tuned on local rolling road and runs like a bird

That's odd as birds are shit at running. They're much better at flying apparantly. Still nice though.

Triumph seats are indeed very comfortable, but the problem with Toledos is that they are slightly underpowered and very low geared, so I'm not sure it would offer much of an advantage over the Kadett on the long runs that Trig wants his new car to be capable of. It is gorgeous though... That Sprint, OTOH 8)

What I didn't know until recently was those sprints are 16v but with 1 camshaft. Seems like frigging madness to me.

The guy who I rent my lockup off was the local sprint expert back in the early 90's as he was the only one who'd bother with them. He had one around the back of the garage, which he ended up sellin. The guy came to pick it up and the whole cross member and front panel detached from the car when he tried to tow it away. Embarrasing.

This is as cool as a polar bears testicles

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C262690

From the pictures, you will see that this car is in remarkable condition. It was Ziebarted from new and has always been garaged. It has covered 69000 miles from new in the hands of 2 fastidious owners. With the car come a vast amount of new mechanical spares; the previous owner collected gaskets, hose sets, brake calipers, lined rear break shoes, exhaust system, shock absorbers, plugs and much much more; enough to keep the car going forever!! Also, a new bumper, front and rear lights and a set of plastic/chrome windscreen and rear window inserts together with the corresponding side trim. There is a lot of paper work with the car together with an original workshop manual. The car passed its first MOT for many years with flying colours on 1/11/2011

2389357.jpg

2389359.jpg

2389361.jpg

2389365.jpg

Price: £1975 As stated

Advert Type: For Sale

Category: Classic Cars

Make: Chrysler

Hillman

Model: Avenger

Year: 1978

Region: Sussex

Town: Hassocks

Telephone: 07043 237476 (Privacy Service)

or paint it all black and get a pair of leather strides and be joey boswell :lol: