Shite You CAN'T STAND!

PaykanHunter

Ford Ka: Absolutely hideous, built of out shite with wanky, wheezy, rattly old engines and the ability to rust in seconds. No offence and all that but I couldn't do with people thinking I batted for the other side either, so that's another reason for me to avoid them.

Clearly a man of taste and distinction who is very concerned with how others see him.

I'll just leave this here.

P1190116.jpg

Can't say I know any gay blokes with a Ka. They seem almost exclusively driven by young females (always worth a glance inside a Ka in my opinion), sadly often with 'powered by fairy dust' stickers on the back...

The gay blokes I know seem to go in for Alfa Romeos more than anything, though (which is why I know quite a few) they do like their Citroens as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't stand them! The only thing good about them are the common Headlamps with Hunters! :D

vauxhall-viva1.jpg

Why!?

I actually really like the viva, especially the 2 door! Id have one anyday, ideally in that nice bright yellow they did them in!!

They "Insist Upon Themselves", unlike Arrows who have a very honest design. :lol:

When one of my mercs let go on the m5 a while back, the recovery people apologetically gave me a ka as it was the last car in their compound. I was pretty late, got in and thrashed it the rest of the way home. Have to say I was suprised how comfortable it felt at high speeds, once you got over the nasty racket from under the bonnet. The last bit of my journey is on a b road I know well, and once again I was kinda impressed with how chuckable it was. This was a 54 plate i think, and was already quite rusty in some places. I was gratefull just to get back, but i'm pretty sure I'll never drive one again though!

• 1 month later...

6333567657_0281f76817_z.jpg

I rather like the look of that and I embarrassed to say that I don't recognise what it is. LNA perchance?

I am not a great fan of small cars or the sort of cars chosen by people who have no interest in driving other than it being a convenient method of getting from A to B. I also dislike silver cars, although this must be a recent aversion as I used to have one. In fact, as well as the two Citroens, we do have a small silver car with very few redeeming features. Oh it was free. And it went all the way to Spain and back without any trouble after I crashed the DS as we were departing on holiday last year. But it knows, one false move and its out.

when thinking about it the list got quite long so I've narrowed it down to the one vehicle that really really winds me up

BMW-Mini-1.jpg

In any shape, form, revision, colour......

It just makes my piss boil, I love the original, I owned a few, I've have many happy memories of my Minis and the fun had in them, these things are shite in comparrison and should be removed from the face of the Earth.

oh and I hate anything made by VW too for no rational reason that I can think of what so ever

It just makes my piss boil, I love the original, I owned a few, I've have many happy memories of my Minis and the fun had in them, these things are shite in comparrison and should be removed from the face of the Earth.

SPAD_MiniCountrymanAprilFool.jpg

Had all of these, hated all of them....

5535409047_4f0002f314_z.jpg

6147091351_59a1246c9a_z.jpg

6333567657_0281f76817_z.jpg

3114491292_661cb97e7f_z.jpg

4385792299_37ee71988f_o.jpg

There seems to be a common theme.

I also tend to dislike anything that comes from the land of the rising sun or the land of the roasted Labrador.

Obviously French is not for you then Paolo! I'm sure you're more biased towards your Italian routes.

Hillman_husky_mark1.jpg

Mainly because my geography teacher had one. He was useless and did nothing to spur my latent interest in maps, charts and navigation which I discovered later.

Also, it is a nondescript blob with no redeeming features.

I bet most of you don't even remember what it is.

Its a Hillman Husky,probaby about a 1955-56

Just a thought, If Austin Rover hadn't been taken over by BMW and the New Mini had arrived (probably about 5 years later and with a K series engine) as a Rover product would we hate it as much? :roll:

edit, After reading redsparrows post below I went looking through ARonline and found this http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2011/02 ... needs-you/

obviously I am wrong :roll:

Just a thought, If Austin Rover hadn't been taken over by BMW and the New Mini had arrived (probably about 5 years later and with a K series engine) as a Rover product would we hate it as much? :roll:

I think it's unlikely it would have been developed in the way it has. The BINI is one thing, the Countryman and all the other horrendous spin-offs are quite another.

There's only really one rule of the road, ie: don't drive like a cnut. Anything that's around me being driven like this gets points off. There's so much poor driving - and not just poor because they're poor, I mean deliberately bad, arrogant, attention-seeking driving - in London, it doesn't half grind my gears.

Modern Audis give me the heebs. Had the misfortune to rent an A4 TDi a year or two ago - the most annoying motor I've ever driven. Pinging at me, blinking warning lights at me every few seconds, it seemed. And the most annoying thing of all, the indicators flash a minimum of three times. Somehow that seemed like Third Reich levels of control-grabbing from the driver. No single-flash after an overtake, say. Ghastly thing. All moderns are at it, of course - too many electronics by far. I'm no luddite - love computers, home-tech and all that, but most cars built in the last 10 years leave me a bit cold (though I reserve a special no-moan zone for Porsches). My 97 SL has just about the perfect balance of old and new tech; my Fiats are almost handcart-simple and I love them for that.

Another one is the Range Rover Evoque. A nasty, bauble-like trinket of a motor. Imagine how stupid it's going to look after 10 years and 100k hard, under-maintained miles. Have you seen a 10-year-old Freelander lately? Eurgh. And the best part is, the Evoque can easily cost getting on for £50k. That's fifty-thousand-fucking quid! For a jacked-up hatchback. What's wrong with people? Buy a lightly-used G500, for fuck's sake. It'll still look the shit after 25 years.

BMW-Mini-1.jpg

oh and I hate anything made by VW too for no rational reason that I can think of what so ever

+1 here!

I always like to think that every car has its merits and it's just prejudice that stops me liking anything. But then there are a lot of cars I hate for no logical reason, other than they are bought by people who think "they must be good because everyone has one"/"I've no interest at all in cars but need a reliable runabout"/"I need something to take the kids to school in"/"it's really safe". Using these criteria I realise I hate:

Nissan Micra of any type or age (always driven by girls or old giffers)

Any Kia of any description

Ford C-Max or S-Max...what's that all about...especially if it has "Titanium" written on the back...eh??

Any tedious people carrier

Renault Megane as mentioned above...truly hideous

Then there are the penis extension cars:

Most Beemers

Those Subaru rally things with big exhausts and loads of turbo noise

Having said that, there are the cars I used to hate with a passion, but now actually like:

MGB (I even own one)

Sherpa van as mentioned above....used to be hideous, now looks kinda quaint

In fact most old BL stuff...seemed tedious back in the day, now has character and nostalgia

Sorry if I've upset anyone with the above, not my intention. My name gives away my first (but not only) love. No doubt they are on many peoples' hate lists :)

AHEM!!!

Spiritual_08.jpg

How well might this have done?

I saw this and thought Dymaxion. That either means I know too much about obscure old tosh, or I need to put my specs back on. I like it, but I don't want to like it.