Shite You CAN'T STAND!

PaykanHunter

I cant say I hate anything in particular unless, of course, its being driven by this man....

669768.jpg

Old duffer with a flat cap, generally accompanied by little old lady with a yorkie on her lap, paws on the dashboard looking out of the windscreen.

Car is usually a Rover 400, owned from new and in immaculate condition BUT they can be found driving any other make or model everywhere..........at 20 MPH. :wink:

If you look up "disgusting" in the dictionary, there's a pic of a Juke.... Well there certainly should be!

Meanwhile, taking the bait, and don't say you weren't warned...

BMW-X3-India.jpeg

This is the archetype, it's having to stand in for literally everything else that wears the same badge.

4375581657_4317bd50bc_z.jpg

Same thing happening here. In each case I've picked the vilest model I can find to represent the whole family.

100_0932-vi.jpg

I know people love these, but none of those people are me!

100_1457-vi.jpg

Same applies here, I had one of these once. Once was enough.

100_2150-vi.jpg

Yes, the Mk2 as well. I must be an oddball...

100_2123-vi.jpg

People love Golfs too, my stepson is on his third now, I despair...

100_1916-vi.jpg

Yes, and Beetles. I must be so messed-up...

SilverSierra-vi.jpg

And back to the oval for this one. Not fit to lick the tyremarks of a Mk5 Cortina...

:shock: All these universally-loved names, and here I am dismissing them with no more than a sneer. Who is this man? Just someone who buys cars at the end of their life, usually, and/or gets grossly underpaid to drive commercials, or at least used to. Feel free to discuss, but don't go all Jehova's Witness on me and try to convince me of the merits of any of the above. These are my opinions and they fit me, I'm quite comfortable with them. I see no need to change.

I keep looking at this, and thinking Why? Why? Why?... I mean the Italians are supposed to be born with a "Sense of Style", and they came up with this?!... :lol:

Fiat-Multipla_2002_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

I went to Italy in 2001.

Can you guess what the taxi from the airport was?

Anyhow, they were everywhere and worked really well. I like them.

I went to Italy in 2001.

I went to Italy in 2002, and didn't use taxis at all, I always have a rental car waiting. On that trip it was a Punto, which was perfectly acceptable and therefore doesn't belong in this thread... :lol:

Actually it does, as it was silver, precisely the wrong colour to paint any car.

These fucking horrendous piles of ugly useless lumps of ugly fucking shit make me barf

p0508588.jpg

Several of these have appeared on my street recently, all driven by tossers who couldn't park to save their lives.

Only outdone by a Chevrolet monstrosity the name of which escapes me at the moment. A kind of distorted brick on wheels.

Anything with a BMW badge is a pile of donkeyshite now, and don't get me going about the GerMini, and all its vile offspring.

MINI Countryman - started seeing these and less said the better, now these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwM0dAylWCq3BmpkbspVo1wJqIzoE_wBE-arU4IGL3udGycb-q-g

At one time was fairly netural about them but thanks to certain 'If it's not an MGB it's not a classic' idiots on the former Prac Classics forum, and the likes of Classic Monthly magazine 'OMG Everyone should own one and it's the ultimate classic to own' bilge' just can't stand them (apologies to anyone who owns one/likes them)

I went to Italy in 2001.

I went to Italy in 2002, and didn't use taxis at all, I always have a rental car waiting. On that trip it was a Punto, which was perfectly acceptable and therefore doesn't belong in this thread...

We had a Clio later on but didn't rent anything for the first few days in Milan.

Seems to be quite a bit of modern stuff in here. That's not shite! When it comes to actual, 100% ol' shite, I can't say there's anything I can't stand really. That's kind of the point of this place. If people hate it, I therefore love it. Even Metros. Even though the Metro I owned was about as reliable as a politician's promise.

Seems to be quite a bit of modern stuff in here. That's not shite! When it comes to actual, 100% ol' shite, I can't say there's anything I can't stand really. That's kind of the point of this place. If people hate it, I therefore love it. Even Metros. Even though the Metro I owned was about as reliable as a politician's promise.

But our disgust for new car Shite only reinforces our love for "true" older Shite, doesn't it?... :wink:

Hateful and badly designed. No redeeming features at all IMO. Proof that GM hates people.

250px-Corsa_A.jpg

Mogadon on wheels:

800px-Vauxhall_Astra_1598cc_first_registered_October_1983.JPG

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. As bleak as a wet weekend in Ballycastle

800px-Astra-mk2-sri.jpg

Shit. Just Shit. Nasty injection moulded dash, and crap looking white backlighting. So boring it doesn't even have a colour.

1994AstraLS.jpg

and of course, these. Overrated crap. Issigonis was mental.

800px-Morris_Mini-Minor_1959.jpg

and of course, these. Overrated crap. Issigonis was mental.

800px-Morris_Mini-Minor_1959.jpg

As a commercial success you just cant knock these , loads of people love them , Chris Evans has just bought one FFS .

However as a car they are leaky , noisy , rusty , uncomfortable , engine is a boat anchor and they are just hateful, Had one once ,

never again .

Hillman_husky_mark1.jpg

Mainly because my geography teacher had one. He was useless and did nothing to spur my latent interest in maps, charts and navigation which I discovered later.

Also, it is a nondescript blob with no redeeming features.

I bet most of you don't even remember what it is.