Joe's breaking thread (R8 214, V850, 205, Escrot, Justy)

KruJoe

^

Thank you Simmo for your input, so from that we understand that this R8 wedgie 214 should be free from immobiliser complications as far as the ECU is concerned. Correct? Game on Craig. PM me your address buddy.

Forgot to say that there may be a difference in ECUs between single point and multipoint injection cars.

So it came out, but only I took the bolt cutters to the opening rod. It wasn't budging from top or bottom, it seems to be riveted onto the catch. Posing on the B-pillar:

P1260774.jpg

The black plastic 'motor'* unscrews with three little torx jobs, and falls off if it's in the locked position. Having battled with this, I stuck my arm in the passenger door with the torx key and it came out easy peasy. The door needs to be locked and closed though.

*I say 'motor' because I think the driver's door one feels lighter than the NS, and only has three wires as opposed to four on the other. So I reckon there is no motor in it, is is just a position sensor. Craig, is this pair what you need, or two actual motors?

P1260780.jpg

I haven't been into the back doors yet, but you can have those units too if you want. They do have motors in obvz.

The immobiliser was most unimpressed with all the messing about, the croaky horn was blaring and the starter wouldn't spin. To start the car again I had to plug these units back in and mess around with the position of everything, then I moved it to its resting place:

P1260782.jpg

I sneaked it into the top field without being seen, so hopefully I'll avoid the "What are you doing with that wreck in the field?" questions, so it might escape the bridge for now. It'll be here if any of you need owt, and will be useful when I have chance of a good one myself.

The ECU can come out now.

Craig and MattB, PMs coming shortly...

Craig, do you need the motors as replacement parts or to upgrade to (remote?) central locking? (Oh, it's a 414 - four door - I guess yours are busted if you only wanted the fronts. Or do you want the back ones too? There isn't one in the tailgate is there? I think the 214's boot only opens with the key or the lever by the driver's seat. Let me know, and your address too, so I can get it all boxed up for you.

I'm sure the ECU will be fine, my L-reg 16v twin cam looks like this:

P1260726.jpg

The four injectors can be seen can be seen between the cam cover and the 'injection' manifold. As Simmo said, if yours is the same multi point injection system, we'll be winning.

Craig, do you need the motors as replacement parts or to upgrade to (remote?) central locking? (Oh, it's a 414 - four door - I guess yours are busted if you only wanted the fronts. Or do you want the back ones too? There isn't one in the tailgate is there? I think the 214's boot only opens with the key or the lever by the driver's seat. Let me know, and your address too, so I can get it all boxed up for you.

I'm sure the ECU will be fine, my L-reg 16v twin cam looks like this:

P1260726.jpg

The four injectors can be seen can be seen between the cam cover and the 'injection' manifold. As Simmo said, if yours is the same multi point injection system, we'll be winning.

Mine has the same cover so it looks good. It's also a 16v twin cam.

Both my 414 and 220 coupe have broken drivers door bits (the motor sounds, the bit lifts slightly but not enough to unlock the door.) so I'll take the door cards off and see if they can be made to fit.

Oh and can I get the spark plug cover - mine has bust around the screws?

Craig, thanks for the pm...

Oh and can I get the spark plug cover?

You can, but it's not perfect. I think a small section has cracked off the edge, look closely along the edge of the cover, just south of the oil cap. And I think it is slightly bowed, and the screws rattle loose (but that's the screws). Still want it?

Anything else before I pack up your box? Have another look around your car in daylight if you want.

Craig, thanks for the pm...
Oh and can I get the spark plug cover?

You can, but it's not perfect. I think a small section has cracked off the edge, look closely along the edge of the cover, just south of the oil cap. And I think it is slightly bowed, and the screws rattle loose (but that's the screws). Still want it?

Anything else before I pack up your box? Have another look around your car in daylight if you want.

Still better than whan's on there, so yes please. I was thinking earlier, apart from the ECU I don't think it needs much.

Its not going to make you a fortune but its worth saving the dim/dip relay (pink about the size of a flasher unit) it will also fit other cars, like the classic Mini but the part number changes between models (same part).

Thanks again Simmo, I'm not throwing anything away just yet, but I'll keep that in mind. They're about £20 on the 'bay!

ShepS, as I asked before,

...both in good shape, ABS worked fine when I last used the car in Sept, warning lights behaved well too. Car ran (runs) spot on. Will the 20v Auto ECU plug and play your 10v manual?
So will my ECU work for you?

Or have I got you twisted; is it the ABS ECU you need?

And how soon do you need them? It will be useful to keep this carcase mobile as long as I can... It isn't weatherproof now I've sold the doors, so I move it in and out of the shed when I need the space to work inside.

Don't get me wrong, I'll send you all the parts you need as soon as you like, but I need to get my shit together!

Craig now has his box of Rover trim, 4x c/l motors, ECU, plug cover etc.. MattBlack, let us know if yours arrives safely. Ta!

• 6 months later...

BUMP!

Time to move on some more crap, cheap to shiters, make me a low offer in the thread for any bits I have, and they're yours. I'll just add postage price when I eventually make it to the post office.

I'm free to get bits off most evenings, but not in the pissing rain.

R8 214 16v:

P1290727.jpg

Some minor bits, seats, ecu gone, most of front end still available (removed, in car).

Volvo 850 2.5 20v auto (pez).

P1290731.jpg

Seats and doors gone, and a suitcase full of parts gone to Thailand. Almost complete bulkhead forward.

I'm not keen to be rid of the wheels yet, it's a heavy lump to move without 'em!

Escrot Mk 965.5, 1.6 Zetec chav edition, engine in bits.

P1250035.jpg

P1290733.jpg

205 1.4XS/XT/1.8TD

P1290732.jpg

One complete car, stuffed to the gills with turbo diesel bits.

Justy GX (Mostly Suzuki Swift)

P1260251.jpg

Might as well stick this on if it can help someone. Complete but rotten, has stood for ages, maybe I'd like to keep the rare front end bits to convert a newer one to pre-facelift (only made them one year).

The scene in the top field last night after we made room in the shed for the Lada Niva:

P1080675.jpg

Ma KJ's verdict: Unimpressed with developments.

Therefore progress must be seen to be done :)

Keep messages in the thread as much as poss to keep my pm box clear. Thanks.

Oh, and payment by BACS preferred to a PPal bumming.

I am sorely tempted by the 205's wheels (helpful, eh? and wheelnuts) for the 309.

(And possibly the mirrors if I begin going for too-narrow gaps after 20-odd years ;) !)

Am a bit short currently, but this will resolve itself in the next few weeks... And I would collect :) - it's only an hour up the road, after all...

As long as the tyres are less than half-worn, what are you thinking for the wheels & nuts? :)

What engine does the Swift/Justy have in Joe ?
These AWD Justys all have the 8v 1.3, (same as SJ413), code G13A. It hasn't run for about three years, leaks oil, and water from the pump, but ran fine, no smoke or bad sounds.

...tempted by the 205's wheels...
I assume you mean the 1.6GTi white pepperpots? I have the two with good tyres on the front of my sheddy BX just now. There are four, badly painted in white Hammerite. Make me an offer, you'll need two 14in tyres for the other pair. One may now be stained with LHM :oops:

P1080153.jpg

I have in the shed at least four of the same in standard silver.

P1140098.jpg

Condition from memory: Shabby, needing tyres. I don't have many spare 14in tyres, those I do have will go on the BX shortly.

P1140072.jpg

Also, a set of (4 or 5) 15in 1.9GTi wheels with good tyres (I think). Also poorly painted white with red striped rim. Pictures on request. In standard paint, or Goodwood trim, they are prolly the best looking wheels of all time.

P1140096.jpg

Price? £make a public offer in this thread. We should have 16 long bolts for you if you take a set.

...mirrors...
I'm sure we can find you a good pair here somewhere. Top tip: 205s and 309s have the same doors, but the mirrors are different. The body of a 309 mirror is the same as a BX, but 205 items will bolt right on.

Does the Rover have power steering?

The 214 is a lowly example, keep fit everything. Sorry Mr_B.

Blimey... Quite a selection of 205s there! Wheel-wise, 1.9s Speedlines are a curved ball, thanks ;) . No idea what to offer without insulting, but £100 for a set of the 1.9 Speedlines with the studs as well, collected by me (I'll bring the MG1600 for you to have a mooch around)? *awaits breaking of kneecaps*

And if there is a n/s/r door on one of those 205s, that would be useful in the long term :) . Let me know...

Blimey... Quite a selection of 205s there! Wheel-wise, 1.9s Speedlines are a curved ball, thanks ;) . No idea what to offer without insulting, but £100 for a set of the 1.9 Speedlines with the studs as well, collected by me (I'll bring the MG1600 for you to have a mooch around)? *awaits breaking of kneecaps*

And if there is a n/s/r door on one of those 205s, that would be useful in the long term :) . Let me know...

I would be interested in the N/S rear rubbing strip trim (the short bit that's on the wheelarch) from the Rover... had an argument with a gatepost at the allotment last night. :oops:

Also, is it Nordic blue? and is the O/S wing any good? (and postable?)

I would be interested in the N/S rear rubbing strip trim (the short bit that's on the wheelarch) from the Rover... had an argument with a gatepost at the allotment last night. :oops:

Also, is it Nordic blue? and is the O/S wing any good? (and postable?)