'94 BG 323F GT up for grabs!

loserone

Having been brief custodian of a 323F, I was really surprised at just how good they are.  Aside from being a little bit small inside they seem to do everything well, look good and don't go wrong much - you can't ask much more of a car than that.

Older ones preferable, obviously, because popup headlights.

Having been brief custodian of a 323F, I was really surprised at just how good they are.  Aside from being a little bit small inside they seem to do everything well, look good and don't go wrong much - you can't ask much more of a car than that.

Older ones preferable, obviously, because popup headlights.

Was it a 1.5?

The GTs are twice the car, performance wise.

I had a GT 1,8. Quick as anything but gearing sucked for motorway. Swapped for an A6 estate from a guy on the blue forum. He immediately chaved it up before swapping it again. It was a real shame as it was totally standard and in good nick.

It was stupid stuff like aftermarket exhaust when the PO had just put a full system on, he thought it would give him horsepower.

Thats a shame. Youre right about motorway speeds, its geared as a sprinter, not a cruiser. Im surprised they were never popular with rally or autotest enthusiasts.

Had a non start problem during the week (battery and starter fine, so must have been spark or fuel). Didnt have time or enough hands to investigate at the time and curiously is started fine the next day.

I think it probably just wants some attention as I've been driving the Merc. So I've ordered some (lolred) leads, some plugs, and a dizzy cap from Loserones hook up at the Mazda&Probe store.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

The lad at the mazda and probestore ( Mark Colgan ) Has basically robbed me of £70 odd quids worth of service parts. Been over 6 weeks since I ordered and paid for parts described as "in Stock".

Will not refund, will not give any indication of when goods may be dispatched.

I am cureently persuing him via my credit card company and then will be mounting a small claims case.

See some of his other satisfied* customers here:

(username rok24v)

http://hyundaicoupeclub.co.uk/the-tar-pit/coupestore-now-open-t13786-25.html

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701316867

http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13451&sid=4dbe30ab5aa17e7d1d3b64935fa7a4ee&start=1530

It looks like I got off lightly to be honest, compared to some.

So heres some tags for google: Mark Colgan scammer Poble Mazda 323f Mark Colgan Scam Scammer Mark Colgan Ford Probe Store Scammer.

I will now be looking to sell the car.

Will make a propper listing, but all info is available in this thread really.

In my ownership it has had a new Bosch battery, new exhaust centre section, new correct sports back-box, Genuine Mazda Oil and Fuel filters, a wheel bearing and fresh oil and coolant. 

What it needs - Ignition service parts! could do with leads and possibly a dizzy cap. (I have a rotor arm) Runs fine put suspect moisture entering the dizzy in bad weather. Also needs a pass side bulb (OMG).

The aux belt is also squealing. May need tensioning or replacing. (has required tightening in past, hard to reach without a ramp or ingenuity)

Under 67000 miles at the moment. 

MOT untill 25/02/15.

Bad stuff, Paint is poor in areas.

Would like to see £400. Less if youre Loserone or a friendly face. More if youre Mark Colgan or a cunt.

See some of his other satisfied* customers here:

(username rok24v)

See post 12 of this very thread.  Very uncool.

Sadly I'm out, unless there's a pretty rapid change of circumstances - I've love it back really.

New owner can PM me their address and I'll send through the owner's manual which I've somehow ended up with still.  I can confirm the aux belt was replaced recently (Mr S should have the receipt if he still has the folder) so probably does just need tweaking.

Delivery service available as far south as Coventry, if it's any help to anyone.