Bloody Eurovision Again

Father Ted

I think the Italians got miffed at not getting many votes a few years ago, and took their bat and ball home. And then stayed in every year.

Yes & they've got the right idea! I can't for the life of me understand why us, the Germans, the French, the Spanish & any other Western Europeans don't take the hint & either stay at home or create our own one just for us 'Westerners' that we will actually have a chance of winning??!! Surely there's just no point entering anymore, clearly it's fixed so that everyone from Eastern europe gets a turn at winning leaving us in the West to prop up the table! Do we enjoy the humiliation, is that it? Is this a form of s&m for us? I don't 'get it!' We go to all that effort but we've lost before it even begins! :roll::x

Heard on a news report this morning that Terry Wogan has stated that he might not do another Eurovision, as its become pointless with all the political voting, in particular from all the Eastern European/Balkan Countries, it seems to have gone down hill rapidly since they joined the party :roll:

You're right, Dima Bilan could come on and sing Happy Birthday and get 12 points from Armenia, Azerbijan, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine etc. Thing is the Beeb put in so much money into the EBU that it would collapse without it, hence why UK doesn't have to qualify to be in the final. Having said that, the UK entry was as crap as ever...

I really enjoyed it, although Sir Terry's commentary was obviously a little bored due to the political voting taking all the fun out of it. My favourites to win were Bosnia-Hertegovina, purely for the fact they'd taken the competition in the style it was made famous for.... a complete giggle with a bonkers song and bizarre outfits.